Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 21:41   #46
BHPian

re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

I used a Viewsonic G Tab for two months.

Pros:

i) Price : you can't find a dual core 10 inch tablet at this price!! You can get it for 12 K now (used but mint condition)

ii) Performance is good too after you install the Custom ROM.

iii) Full sized USB socket beside the mini USB socket. You can attach a USB Huwawei 3G modem (yes - only Huwawei is supported right now) and enjoy 3G after installing a Custom ROM (Clemsyn-Caulkyn ROM).

Cons:

i) The screen - it is a netbook screen with a capacitive touch input. Which means viewing angles are poor.

ii) The stock ROM is pathetic (not very important though - people buy android devices for unlimited modding opportunity it offers!!).

iii) No support by Viewsonic in India.

But again at the price point of 12-15K this device is simply unmatched if you can bear with the netbook like display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagMan View Post
Ive recently noticed a Viewsonic 10.1inch tablet listed on ebay for 15K ~ 19K.

Similar specs to the Acer ICONIA except that ram and storage is half that of the iconia.

Has anyone had any experience with the viewsonic devices. there was a whole range of viewsonic stuff listed on ebay.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 17:34   #47
BHPian

Is there anyone already using an Asus Eee Pad Transformer? I just saw a review about it and the hardware configuration seems just okay. I see it a very good replacement for a netbook. Is there any other such device in the market with a detachable keypad? I guess that is what most of the other manufacturers will opt for in the future as I feel that there will be a huge demand for such models.
Old 24th July 2011, 17:42   #48
BHPian

You can attach a bluetooth keyboard with almost all the tablets.
Old 24th July 2011, 18:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Is there anyone already using an Asus Eee Pad Transformer? I just saw a review about it and the hardware configuration seems just okay. I see it a very good replacement for a netbook. Is there any other such device in the market with a detachable keypad? I guess that is what most of the other manufacturers will opt for in the future as I feel that there will be a huge demand for such models.
Joe: What I found lacking in the Asus is the option for 3G. Apart from that, it is good since the keyboard gives your USB options and a good base to work on.

For me 3G was a requirement, hence went for the Motorola Xoom.
Old 24th July 2011, 23:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
You can attach a bluetooth keyboard with almost all the tablets.
Yes, you are right. But this one from Asus looks like a netbook once I connect the keyboard.It opens and closes as though it is a single piece of hardware. I like that very much. I hope that the future brings many more of such models from different manufacturers.
Old 25th July 2011, 00:51   #51
BHPian

see this:
10" INCH Case + USB Keyboard For MID Tablet Android PC | eBay
Old 25th July 2011, 11:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
This one looks even better. I guess the future would gives vs a variety of such models and as consumers be even more confused on which one to buy. I might be buying one soon. Started researching he market for a good one. I'm looking at a possible notebook replacement.

Last edited by joe1980 : 25th July 2011 at 11:24.
Old 27th July 2011, 13:55   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Look out for the Asus Transformer (TF101). The specs are comparable to Acer Iconia with Tegra2 Dual Core processor, 1280x800 IPS Panel and all the routine sensors.
The best thing of the lot, You can optionally purchase a Docking station ~ $150 which consists of a keyboard, touchpad, Card reader, 2 USB Ports and a battery extending the backup to 14Hrs.
There has been unconfirmed news that the Transformer has gone up to second place in monthly sales behind apple selling more than 400K units in just Apr & May.

Edit: Asus will be launching 16GB Transformer in India for Rs 32K along with the docking station. I also talked to a retailer and he promised to deliver 16GB Transformer without Docking station for ~25K.
Holyghost, can you share retailer info? The 16 gb without keyboard is available for 24888 on ebay. But I want the keyboard as well. That is another 11 k on ebay.
Old 31st July 2011, 12:42   #54
BHPian

I got a quote for 31K for a 16 GB Asus Transformer with the keyboard. Any idea when the 3g model will be available in India? It is scheduled for UK next month (August). See - ASUS Eee Pad Transformer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the 10" INCH Case + USB Keyboard For MID Tablet Android PC | eBay, has anyone used this with any of the popular tablets available today? Do share your experiences.
Old 14th August 2011, 12:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)

Looks like Sony India is going to launch 2 tablets very soon.
One is a ipad styled one.
and the other is pretty neat in it's design which flips open like a laptop screen.
So you would have one screen for viewing and one can be used as a virtual keyboard. Pretty much like your laptop.

I saw one picture which had some maps on the screen.
So i am pretty sure it has navigation capabilities too.
Check it out on the Sony India website.

Note from TBHP Support: Please check main subject of thread before creating a post

Last edited by DerAlte : 15th August 2011 at 10:59.
Old 16th August 2011, 20:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hi Guys,

Any reviews on Reliance tablet. Seems to be a decent deal at 13K. All i want is a tablet which can be used for browsing with 3G and read some E-books, that's all i need the tab for. No i don't play games or play HD videos or movies. Kindly advise if there are any other reliable tabs which are in 10-15K range.

Also I assume we can use some other SIM along with Reliance tab? is my understanding correct?
Old 17th August 2011, 17:48   #57
BHPian

The tablet deluge continues
Beetel Launches Android Tablet ‘Beetel Magiq’ For Rs.9999
Old 17th August 2011, 18:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Hope it is not another Chinese TAB with Beetel tag
Old 17th August 2011, 18:39   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post

thats Huawie Ideos S7 with resistive screen.
Huawei IDEOS S7 - Full phone specifications
Old 17th August 2011, 22:49   #60
BHPian

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-ideoss7slim.jpg

Beetel has officially launched its Android tablet in India. It has been named “Magiq” and will be available in the market starting next week for a price of INR 9,999.

Beetel Magiq features a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Android 2.2, 7 inch display, 2 MP Rear/Front cameras, 8 GB of internal memory and a 2200 mAh battery. Tablet also offers 3G and WiFi connectivity along with the GSM calling support. Company has also announced that Magiq is upgradable to Android 2.3 in the future.

Data Offer: Airtel is providing bundles data plans with the tablet. Buyers will get free 2GB of 3G data on both prepaid and postpaid connections for 2 months.

If you haven’t noticed till now, Beetel Magiq is actually a rebranded Huawei Ideos S7 Slim tablet with few upgrades and a capacative screen.

Will make a good GPS navigator for a car.what say?
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed