Hyundai Grand i10 100 42.55%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 14:26   #91
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift vs Hyundai Grand i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
The car finally settled for is Grand i10.
But now there's a new problem.

My wife & sister are both insisting on Wine Red colour.
Whereas, me & my dad are both adamant on either Pure White or Sleek Silver.

What are your opinions on this?

Except Grand and Verna, rest of the models have 5 year warranty option.
Why have Grand & Verna been singled out?
Hi

Color is purely a personal choice. While my wife wanted a RED but did not like Wine Red of Grand so we went for Twilight Blue. Next best would be Silver or in case you are going for Anniversary edition, both white as well as Wine Red looks good with RED theme interior.

There is no 5 years extended warranty on Grand. Probably because its selling well & they need not package it better as of now.
Also, I understand, warranty money paid to Hyundai goes under liability in books of accounts till the end of the warranty period and companies would like to avoid carrying it for 5 years unless the sales demands.
(Sometimes it is offered as push sales for older model to give confidence to buyers that we are there for you)

Last edited by Wanderers : 25th September 2014 at 14:28.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 18:33   #92
BHPian

Ok, I took my dad for a demo of the Grand.

And guess what...
He likes Elite i20!!!
Even
I'm pretty sure the fresh new look of Elite was the factor, 'cos he not even once looked at interiors of both Grand & Elite or their features.
Not once did he sit in the car(s).

But what tilted his mind in favour of Grand i10?
Price.

Moving forward, I'm getting a deal of 12k free accessories + 8000 cash discount + Zero dep. warranty at cost of normal warranty on Asta(O) Petrol.
Is it a good deal & should I go ahead & book or negotiate a bit more?
Old 28th September 2014, 19:38   #93
BHPian

Quote:

Moving forward, I'm getting a deal of 12k free accessories + 8000 cash discount + Zero dep. warranty at cost of normal warranty on Asta(O) Petrol.
Is it a good deal & should I go ahead & book or negotiate a bit more?
Hi,

The overall discount looks good. However you can go for the kill.

Ask for cash discount of 12000/- which is the Hyundai offers as per the newspaper but don't give up on accessories worth 12K.

Also check what is the total you are paying for zero dep. insurance as the company offers it at around 23K which you might be getting at normal price of 19K (as per price list) but you can get Bajaj zero dep at 18K, if you buy directly from their website.
Well you need not reject their insurance but a online quote (after discount) can be used for negotiation.

In the end 12K cash +12K accessories + 5K on Insurance should be your target.
All the Best.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 21:59   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi,

The overall discount looks good. However you can go for the kill.

Ask for cash discount of 12000/- which is the Hyundai offers as per the newspaper but don't give up on accessories worth 12K.

Also check what is the total you are paying for zero dep. insurance as the company offers it at around 23K which you might be getting at normal price of 19K (as per price list) but you can get Bajaj zero dep at 18K, if you buy directly from their website.
Well you need not reject their insurance but a online quote (after discount) can be used for negotiation.

In the end 12K cash +12K accessories + 5K on Insurance should be your target.
All the Best.
The overall cash discount of 12K as quoted by you is on diesel variant of Grand i10 as per newspapers here in Delhi.

They were initially offering me accessories worth 20K.
But I got it converted to 8K cash discount + 12K free accessories.

Regarding insurance, I checked HDFC Ergo and they were offering standard insurance for close to 14K.
Whereas, my dealer has quoted close to 17K for standard insurance and around 3.5K additional for Zero Dep insurance from HDFC Ergo itself.
But I managed to extract Zero Dep insurance for price of standard insurance of about 17K.
I don't think they'll offer me any cash discount on standard insurance or give the same for 14K.

I will, however, try to get increased cash discount as you mentioned. I don't mind if they increase the cash discount & decrease free accessories.
Cash discount is better than free accessories IMO.
I don't want to stretch my luck as festive season is going on, which means increased sales, hence low discounts.

I am further waiting for Dussehra for car & finance companies to announce festive discounts, after which I'll immediately book my car & loan.
g_goyal2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 09:41   #95
BHPian

I needed a quick advice as I am confused as hell.

I need a new hatch for my wife she has been driving a 1st owner-Swift VXI (2006) with 59000 Kms in Odometer. Following are my options.

1. Grand i10
Cash Discount-25K with Self Insurance
Valuation for Old Swift Rs.105000/-

2. Suzuki Ritz VXI
Cash Discout: 35K
Exchange Discount: 30K
Valuation for Old Swift Rs.120000/-

3. Suzuki Swift VXI
Cash Discout: 20K
Exchange Discount: 15K

I am confused with either of three options.
I am thing of either exchanging the Old Swift with Maruti Ritz/Swift or retaining the older Swift (hoping to get better value at later date) and buy the Grand i10.

I am also confused why not Ritz viz-a-viz Swift -same vehicle with different body shape but cheaper.

I want to finalize the booking today itself ... so please help in advising.
Old 9th October 2014, 09:59   #96
BHPian

You might go ahead with exchanging the Swift with another Swift. Compared to the Ritz, the Swift is more planted to the road at high speeds because of its sporty design. Both cars run the same mill under their hoods. Try to opt for the Zxi trim that punches the ABS.

Upgrading to a Grand i10 would be wiss too. Interiors/ fit and finish are upmarket but then again you might need to compromise on mileage and A.S.S of Maruti.

If I was in your place, I would have retained the old car and would sell it only after it had clocked 1 Lac kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post

I need a new hatch for my wife she has been driving a 1st owner-Swift VXI (2006) with 59000 Kms in Odometer. Following are my options.

1. Grand i10

2. Suzuki Ritz VXI

3. Suzuki Swift VXI

I am thing of either exchanging the Old Swift with Maruti Ritz/Swift or retaining the older Swift (hoping to get better value at later date) and buy the Grand i10.

I am also confused why not Ritz viz-a-viz Swift -same vehicle with different body shape but cheaper.

Old 9th October 2014, 10:18   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

First of all why do you want to change your car? The answer to this question will be key to your next buying decision.

I suggest that you let her test drive all cars extensively and then decide as price difference of few thousands will not matter over the period of ownership time.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Agree with the members above, why do you want to change a car which is giving you trouble free ownership!! AND exchange it with a car in the same segment.

If you can elaborate on the need for change, the people on the forum will be able to help you better.
Old 9th October 2014, 16:10   #99
BHPian

Quote:
1. Grand i10
What variant of Grand i10 are you looking for? Petrol or diesel?

As per your profile, you reside in Delhi. So can you please give details of Hyundai dealer who's providing you 25K cash discount on Grand i10 and on which variant. You can PM me if u wish.
Old 9th October 2014, 19:18   #100
BHPian

Quote:

1. Grand i10

2. Suzuki Ritz VXI

3. Suzuki Swift VXI

Swift buyback at 1.2 laks means that it is almost at the bottom. Even if you sell it after two years you will get the same amount. So depreciation on swift from here on should not be your concern.

Stick to existing swift, if not buy a new one that gives better safety features.
Old 9th October 2014, 21:47   #101
BHPian

Thanks everybody for their valuable inputs..

The primary reason for the change is because the vehicle is suffering lot many tiny breakdown and squeaks and body noise.. Few months some speedster rammed by wife's stationary vehicle at a red light from behind.. The impact caused the vehicle to tumble and do a roll over (somersault) and land back on the wheels.. Lucking my wife got out of it scratch free.. so this and psychological impacts necessitated the vehicle change...

As mentioned above I have closed the deal today and we have chosen a Swift Diesel. The offer that I took included:
Self Insurance (My insurance guy quoted 10700/- Zero Dep with United India Insurance vs. Maruti's rate of about 22K)
Dealer discount =15K
Exchange Bonus=15K
Valuation of the Old Vehicle=137K
I have also opted the Silver Combo Swift pack worth 27500/-

Thanks everybody for the advice..

Last edited by dinesha : 9th October 2014 at 21:52.
Old 9th October 2014, 21:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
What variant of Grand i10 are you looking for? Petrol or diesel?

As per your profile, you reside in Delhi. So can you please give details of Hyundai dealer who's providing you 25K cash discount on Grand i10 and on which variant. You can PM me if u wish.
Sunshine Hyundai
Plot NO.-96, Patparganj Industrial Area Delhi
New Delhi - 110092
Ph: 01147341000, 9871952259

I was looking at Petrol Sportz Varient. The discount was applicable on all the variants.. You can save some more on your insurance..
Old 10th October 2014, 07:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any particular reason the resale value of your Swift is so low when compared to market value? It should fetch at least 2-2.25 lakhs if you sell it outside.

OR, was the value so low because of accident history and possible issues with the car after that?
Old 10th October 2014, 08:43   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any particular reason the resale value of your Swift is so low when compared to market value? It should fetch at least 2-2.25 lakhs if you sell it outside.

OR, was the value so low because of accident history and possible issues with the car after that?
The primary reason being:
1. Lack of patience on our part.
2. Accidental Dent mark on rear boot floor.
3. Car was repainted on all sides except roof
4. Shady paint job done by the denter and the painter.

:(
Old 15th October 2014, 02:43   #105
BHPian

I am planning to buy a pre-owned Swift for my wife. After some market survey, come across a gentleman who is selling his 2010 Swift Vxi run 29000 for 3.2 lacs. Price is somewhat negotiable. The gentleman is in a hurry to sell it as he is transferred out from Kolkata. Is it a good buy? Please advise. I have only 2 days in hand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks