Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 14:28   #106
Senior - BHPian

Now what are we discussing here, the Fiat 1.6 or the F.E of the HatchBacks. I believe there is no point in comparing the Fiat engine with others. Anyone who has driven it would know what makes it so special. Those who havent...You guys are missing out something. Just have a few test drives. You might end up not liking it but its worth the experience. The Fiat 1.6 might not be the best/fastest/most fuel efficient/soundless/tourque-iest etc.etc. But its fun to drive it. It takes a few drives but after that you are so 'in tune with the engine' that you feel as smooth as silk.

The Ford 1.6 (on the fusion) is much ahead in terms of power and it returns decent mileage for the power it delivers. But given a choice, i would take the Fiat 1.6.

The Cheverlet 1.6 does not behave like a 1.6. Atleast the one i drove.

The Maruti 1.6 is cool. Its F.E Figures are also cool. But i personally would not like to get myself into a cramped posture (that's with all maruti vehicles except the WagonR) just to enjow the engine performance. I'm here to enjoy the Drive Man!!!

Have i left out anyother 1.6. Dont know. Coz i've not driven any other. And of the lot i've loved the Fiat 1.6 for the sheer pleasure of driving.
Old 25th April 2007, 14:33   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
They have the earlier 1.6, which has the same engine as Stile 1.6!
Appreciate your enthusiasm. But don't you think someone who is going to pay his hard earned money should be able to atleast see what he is going to get?
If you are going to say the "New" Palio 1.6 is same as "Old" one, then why call it New?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I dont think they have started production of the 1.6 Stile yet.
I know you are pretty well in the know, so I take your word.
Guys, we should hold our comments till atleast one of us see a Palio 1.6 stile in flesh. What we are doing is nothing but "hot air baloon" estimations and chest thumping

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 25th April 2007 at 14:35.
Old 25th April 2007, 14:45   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
What we are doing is nothing but "hot air
baloon" estimations and chest thumping
Can you please elaborate this statement?
Old 25th April 2007, 17:03   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Production of Stile models is in full steam since last 2 - 3 weeks at the new factory at Rajnandgaon, due to low demand of Stile 1.6, it will be made & delivered on order basis!
Hope this clarifies!

But that still does not explain why there is not even a TD car available in any showroom across the country.

O.T.- I was in Delhi last week and drove my Palio while I was there. there was some issue with the headlight(bulb kept getting fused so I suspected a fault with teh relay)- went to Sanya motors (who we know personally) and their GM said that right now Fiat is not processing indents for any "old" palios' parts since they have their hands full withproduction of the Stile!! Go figure.!!!!

BTW, I have still to see any Stile on Bangalore roads- looks like it is competing with the SRV for eclusivity.
Old 25th April 2007, 17:08   #110
Team-BHP Support

Okay so himu, if what that GM said is true it means Fiat is saying.
"Hello customers, who bought the Palio when nobody else was buying it, you are idiots, get lost, let us focus on the new car, and you take a hike please".
Good we have local mechanics back home to take care, left at the mercy of Fiat the car would have been trash.
Old 25th April 2007, 17:11   #111
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu, I fully agree that Test drive car should be available for anyone keen to buy a Car!
In fact, my decision to buy a Palio was instantly made during the test drive of a Palio!
As you know, strange are the ways of Fiat India, we have no other options but to live with it!

But, I can live with that bcoz Fiat makes damn good cars!
Old 25th April 2007, 17:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Okay so himu, if what that GM said is true it means Fiat is saying.
"Hello customers, who bought the Palio when nobody else was buying it, you are idiots, get lost, let us focus on the new car, and you take a hike please".
Good we have local mechanics back home to take care, left at the mercy of Fiat the car would have been trash.

I have no reason to disbelieve the GM since Sanya motors is owned by someone well known to us and the GM knows this- hence, they dont screw around with us - i doubt they will be so forhtcoming with walk in customers though!
Old 25th April 2007, 17:38   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
It's a fact that fans of the old 1.6 aren't too happy with the new design, going by some of the posts here and elsewhere.

Some folks at PUG/FCI had gone on a Test Drive of all the variants at B.U.Bhandari, Pune on Saturday (21st). I am not sure if they were able to lay their hands on the 1.6, though...
Has anyone been there and done that?? If so, can you share your impressions with us
I have driven Palio Adventure Sport 1.6. Even you urself can test drive that car, and sulk for not having it with you
Old 25th April 2007, 19:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The Ford 1.6 (on the fusion) is much ahead in terms of power and it returns decent mileage for the power it delivers. But given a choice, i would take the Fiat 1.6.
Much ahead 1.6 FIAT is a DOHC, torque series motor. The ford motor also develops 100 BHP. The midrange on that FIAT 1.6 is awesome.
Old 25th April 2007, 20:12   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Much ahead 1.6 FIAT is a DOHC, torque series motor. The ford motor also develops 100 BHP. The midrange on that FIAT 1.6 is awesome.
The Fusion could be much ahead of Fiat in technology. DOHC doesn't make it a advanced. A GTX user and close friend was mighty impressed with the performance of the Ford Fusion.
Old 25th April 2007, 20:16   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The Fusion could be much ahead of Fiat in technology. DOHC doesn't make it a advanced. A GTX user and close friend was mighty impressed with the performance of the Ford Fusion.
You are right. Plus the Fiat 1.6 develops 100 p.s. Not 100 bhp. So the Ford motor is ahead in the power stakes as well. Maybe not 'much' ahead, but atleast by 2-3 bhp.

The Fusion was on my radar during my search for a car - only it was priced ridiculously high at that time. It is a really good, errr ummm well, car/muv/suv/whatever.
Old 25th April 2007, 20:41   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
It is a really good, errr ummm well, car/muv/suv/whatever.
Confusion Ehh?

If only Ford priced it better and gave it a category!
Old 25th April 2007, 23:17   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
we should hold our comments till atleast one of us see a Palio 1.6 stile in flesh.
I have! Even went for a test drive. Loved it!!! But since I've not driven a 1.6 before, I can't compare. Rs. 4.6L on road here in NOIDA. The salesman said they have one readily available but even if they don't have one in stock, they can get it maximum 15 days.
Old 26th April 2007, 00:39   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Due to low demand of Stile 1.6, it will be made & delivered on order basis!
Ok so currently it seems like one has ot take a gamble and book the car!! What nonsense the dealers expect customers to put up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Sales guy who promised me TD on 1.6..had forgotten to call!!. What attitude! He said that 1.6 will not be available immediately for TD. He suggested I take TD on 1.1 as both cars mechanically same. Got fed up and hungup.
Similar story here in Bangalore, absolutely bad sales and PR skills of the dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Went for a test drive. Loved it!!! But since I've not driven a 1.6 before, I can't compare. Even if they don't have one in stock, they can get it maximum 15 days.
You seem like the first one to officially have taken then Palio Stile 1.6 Sports for a TD. Some pictures and a more detailed review would have been really helpful !!

A clarification I require :
Are the interiors of the Stile 1.1 / 1.2 and the Stile 1.6 identical (of course barring the 'extras').
Old 26th April 2007, 02:09   #120
BHPian

I think there will be no difference in performance between stile 1.6 and earlier 1.6. So taking a td on stile makes no senseif you have driven a 1.6 .

Fiat had to provide an improved engine which develops better torque at lower rpms. It might have given it an edge in overtaking with confidence.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks