Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 13:31   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Hi Krishnavamshi,

1. Fial Palio: I sat in the Palio Stile 1.1. The steering wheel is firmly planted on my thighs and cant move the steering. The sales rep himself told me that this car wont suit people of my height. I so dropped it from my list.

2. Santro: I cant even sit in the front passenger side and forget about driving. If you need a car for 5 people, Santro is an absolute no.

3. Ford Ikon: Well..well...i actually bought a Ford Ikon Flair (new car) after t[FONT='Times New Roman']horoughly[/FONT] checking it. Though getting in & out is not very easy...Its very coformtable to drive around even with full family. Rear seat is big and comfy and enough room for 3 adults. Good handling, comfort and very spacious. On the negative side though it might not be as cheap as a Santro in terms of maintenance and repairs.
The steering whell will touch the thighs and be all uncomfortable.....all one has to do is push the seat back, will work on the santro & Palio. Go to the showroom and try them out before ruling them out.
Ikon FLAIR has a sports steering wheel, so its smaller than regular steering wheels. IKON is very expensive on maintainence, i have one, its not about it being ikon its FORD pricing. we dont get spares out side. nevertheless its a solid car, nice suspension and everything about it.
My cousin, he's 6 4'. He drives around in an alto everyday, only problem is the leg room for the guy behind him becomes less, look at that aspect when u push the front seat back to your comfort, how much leg room is there for the guy behind you.
As its your first car, i suggest you get a hatch back.
Old 4th February 2008, 13:33   #107
BHPian

As you are going to get ur "haath saaf" on this one.
2nd hand dealerships are okay but unless u really know what ur doing dont go to them, or take a mechanic with you u can get cheated, bigtime.
Old 4th February 2008, 14:11   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post

Can you please suggest me any other dealers where i can look for second hand cars..quoted the prices of maruti True value before this and also do you suggest i wait for sometime i.e. after the new cars get launched..so prices of other cars come down..
You would be better off taking the sunday deccan chronicle, it has a massive Ad's page, tons of cars will feature there, try and get on directly from the seller, that will get you the best deal, if ur taking 2nd hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
A friend of mine recently bought an i 10, at that time sales person said that if it was a santro, it can be got for around 3.6lac on road(top model).
Yeah, my neighbor got a new santro thinking y he should spend 2 lakhs more on the i10 for same features, got it for 3.23...everything almost there but no rear power steering probably can get that by paying little more.
If u push ur budget a bit, u can have a new santro. nothing like it though, anyday better than a 2nd hand.
Old 4th February 2008, 16:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Y
Sony Dvd model 1000
Jbl rear Speakers 330w
Sony Front speakers with separate tweeters
Xenox Central locking highest model with side locking and life time warranty
Art leather highest quality seat covers ..
all those 'high quality' seem to be the T-bhp effect i guess, me too experiencing it.Glad to know that you got bill/warranty;the thing is if you demand b/w they will only provide sony items-don't know why most pioneer stuff is grey-i doubt they may be faked.
Quote:
will post a report after a week.....and also got Teflon and anti-rust coating done for the car.
ok..ok. Enjoy the ride and do post some good pics. Did you pay for those teflon /anti rust or managed to get them into the deal??
Which insurance company did you get policy from?
Old 5th February 2008, 18:40   #110
BHPian

Insurance from Reliance

Yes thats true i couldn't believe it ...the insurance from reliance for a tata vehicle..
Anti Rust & Teflon - got it done for free.
Old 5th February 2008, 18:43   #111
BHPian

TD accessories..

Hi buddy i know that u are going to get accessories fitted pretty soon so i informed the car accessories dealer that one of my friend is also looking to get accessories fitted and he said he would give you a good deal as i have already bought some accessories from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
@VJ : He got an Indica V2 Xeta GLS and not palio.

@Krish: Congratulations on your new car. If you have been driving earlier diesels, you may not experience the torque at speeds less than 5Kmph but this one has sufficient enough to move the car if you properly use the clutch. Be careful with this part while parking. Trust your eyes more than otherslike watchman and likes. Take good care of car and Happy driving. Will wait for your report and pics.

Sorry for late reply. Any small gift to the executive at dealership who assisted you through out this sale. This would usually help in getting your jobs done like help in getting your car registered at RTO and all.

EDIT:

In my case, i planned to gift a small pearl with "Thank You" inscribed on it. Below is its image.

Old 5th February 2008, 22:30   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24
Sony Dvd model 1000
Jbl rear Speakers 330w
Sony Front speakers with separate tweeters
Xenox Central locking highest model with side locking and life time warranty
Art leather highest quality seat covers ..
These are things i bought besides i am planning to take a lcd screen after some time.

Can you please post the bill details (pricing). Are rear ones the 6*9s in the boot? I would appreciate if you post some pics of your ICE and car.

Also how would you rate your ICE on the scale of 1 to 10. I think it should be Xenos CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24
Hi buddy i know that u are going to get accessories fitted pretty soon so i informed the car accessories dealer that one of my friend is also looking to get accessories fitted and he said he would give you a good deal as i have already bought some accessories from him.
Thanks for informing the car accessories dealer. I am planning to get it done asap but i am not yet decided on What ICE

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 5th February 2008 at 22:31.
Old 8th February 2008, 19:58   #113
BHPian

My new car

Hi i have uploaded this one pic for now will post the rest of pics soon.
Old 9th February 2008, 23:09   #114
BHPian

Looks cool. If this pic is taken at your residence, you seem to be lucky with no / less pillars in vicinity.

OT: Was away to Karimnagar on my Xeta and just returned. Clocked 660+ Kms on my Xeta so far.
Old 12th February 2008, 20:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Can you please post the bill details (pricing). Are rear ones the 6*9s in the boot? I would appreciate if you post some pics of your ICE and car.

Also how would you rate your ICE on the scale of 1 to 10. I think it should be Xenos CL

Thanks for informing the car accessories dealer. I am planning to get it done asap but i am not yet decided on What ICE
Buddy sorry for the delay been real busy ..all this weekend
yes the ones at the back are 6x9
got dvd with divx support
got jbl speakers
got top end cls
got great seat covers.
will post the pics as soon as possible.
And the car accessories shop i bought from is "Car Tracks"
And also the bill quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks