Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 11:11   #76
BHPian

Vamshi,

some times , if we are not vigilant, dealers will pass on a 2007 vehicle as a 2008- check the chasis plate for manufacturing month and year- should be something like J8 or F8.Also there is something called Vehicle Identification Number(VIN) ; i donnot know much about it.
If you intend to keep the vehicle for more than 5 years then go for 2007 model and bargain hard for the discounts- since 2008 models are already out you should be entitled to a discount upto 50K. Else, go for 2008 one with 20K discount.The ice compnents seem to be ok(i suppose they are with bill&warranty- otherwise don't go for them).But don't go for leather seat covers and steering wheel cover- you can get much better quality ones outside for same price. Body cover will cost something like 250-600(top quality).So, in that case , if it is a 2008 model, bargain for 12,850(ICE+remote locking) and 10K cash discount.(and with some luck you may get tefl
on coating too included for free).
Old 31st January 2008, 11:31   #77
BHPian

Leather seat covers are from Art leather it seems and also steering wheel cover he is says will cost 490 i guy im speaking is not evening giving free matting and mudflaps..
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Vamshi,

some times , if we are not vigilant, dealers will pass on a 2007 vehicle as a 2008- check the chasis plate for manufacturing month and year- should be something like J8 or F8.Also there is something called Vehicle Identification Number(VIN) ; i donnot know much about it.
If you intend to keep the vehicle for more than 5 years then go for 2007 model and bargain hard for the discounts- since 2008 models are already out you should be entitled to a discount upto 50K. Else, go for 2008 one with 20K discount.The ice compnents seem to be ok(i suppose they are with bill&warranty- otherwise don't go for them).But don't go for leather seat covers and steering wheel cover- you can get much better quality ones outside for same price. Body cover will cost something like 250-600(top quality).So, in that case , if it is a 2008 model, bargain for 12,850(ICE+remote locking) and 10K cash discount.(and with some luck you may get tefl
on coating too included for free).
Old 31st January 2008, 12:18   #78
BHPian

about vin and pdi

Here is the thread about PDI and other checks:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Please go through the above article and make a note of relevant experiences
from other buyers.

This is some information about VIN, not complete info though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post559949
Old 31st January 2008, 13:54   #79
BHPian

How to identify car year manufacture year

Hello all the dealer promised me 2008 car so how do i identify whether it is truly a 2008 manufactured car..can anyone help me in this regard though deetee has been some help in this case...anymore suggestions or advice is welcome
Old 31st January 2008, 16:36   #80
BHPian

PM one of the Xeta owners

Krish, try PM to Truedreamer /wolfenstein or other Xeta owners ; they can help you to identify manufacturing date/year depending on the chasis number or some other factor.
Old 31st January 2008, 23:15   #81
BHPian

Got quotes from accessories shops

JVC dvd ->12.9k
Sony dvd->11.9k
Pioneer dvd->10k(all dvd 1yr warranty)
Jbl front speakers->3k(300w)
Front Jbl speakers->1.8k(1yr warranty)
Seatcovers->4.5k
Steering cover->450
central locking ->autocop 5.5k version->3.5k(3yr warranty) or Xenox->3.7k(lifetime warranty)
All these from Car Tracks
Old 31st January 2008, 23:19   #82
BHPian

Another Dealer Matrix

Matrix Car accessories->
He has quoted the lowest
DVD sony->9.5k
Front Speaker pioneer->0.8k
Rear Speaker 440watts pioneer->3k
Seat Covers ->2.8k leather
Steering Cover->0.35k
Central Locking->3.2k
plus a lcd screen ->5.8k
But there is hitch he says he will give a written guarantee on these items from his side not the manufacturer warranty.The thing here is i get all inclusive of lcd for 23k
Old 31st January 2008, 23:25   #83
BHPian

DeCar Zone and Carsonics

The Guy at decar zone is giving me the following prices
Sony DVD- 11.5k
Speakers->rear jbl 4.2k
Front 1.5k
Screen->5.8k
Central Locking->3.5k
all with warranty
The Guy at Car sonics refused to give me a proper quotation
He says a dvd can be had at 6k to 18k
F speakers->0.5k to 1.75k
Seat cover->4.5k
Screen ->4.5k to 12k
So people help me out on this anyone if there any dealer who you know and can give me better prices than the above four quotes please let me know
Old 1st February 2008, 00:38   #84
BHPian

You can find out the car's manufacturing year from the chassis number on your car. Just open the bonnet once they show you your car for your PDI and check the 8th character from the left and if you find 'R' without quote as 8th character, you have 2008 vehicle. If you see 'S' in its place, then the dealer is taking you for a ride by giving you a 2007 car or may have done by mistake which shouldn't be the case mostly.

Also i am adding about 72 pictures now of my Xeta in my Another Xeta comes in to T-BHP Club (Another Xeta comes in to T-BHP Club :)) thread.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 00:41.
Old 1st February 2008, 01:50   #85
BHPian

Please check your PM. Also do note down the model number of the product you are requesting quote for. Because this way, you can compare it with others easily and know the result quick.
Old 1st February 2008, 08:20   #86
Ali
BHPian

Vamshi,
Try FASTTRACKS they also give good deal and i guess they will give you a proper quotation,I would suggest you going in for a pio head unit probably a 7950 with the USB feature.Dont know how much it costs right now,Whereas speakers are concerned you can either opt for pio or jbl.
Old 1st February 2008, 12:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Vamshi,
Try FASTTRACKS they also give good deal and i guess they will give you a proper quotation,I would suggest you going in for a pio head unit probably a 7950 with the USB feature.Dont know how much it costs right now,Whereas speakers are concerned you can either opt for pio or jbl.
FastTracks where is it located...?
Old 1st February 2008, 15:01   #88
BHPian

I think FastTrack Car Decors is also on Minister Rd.

EDIT : You can try to contact them on 65335252 (This was a number with me from long ago. Try your luck)

Can you list the features of the Security System they are promising ? Also where did you book your Xeta ? I am looking for the branch.

Yes, even i was told same about Sun film. About Extended Warranty, you have two options there.

18 Months EW and 30 Months EW. You get Basic Warranty from TATA MOTORS for first 18 months. There after the EW takes the position. 18+18 Months you get for Rs 2500 i think (don't remember this correctly) and 18+30 comes for Rs 4500. Taking 18+30 is a better option.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 15:09.
Old 1st February 2008, 15:13   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
Matrix Car accessories->
He has quoted the lowest
DVD sony->9.5k
looks like grey market one- so it can still be bargained to 8.8K but in many cases sony hu's are faked - so be carefull.
Front Speaker pioneer->0.8k
Rear Speaker 440watts pioneer->3k
cannot be that low- a 360W 5-way coaxial in grey market is 3.3K , certain fake ones(looks same but functionality is mediocre) are retailed for even 2.2K; so take your call.
Seat Covers ->2.8k leather
again, quality art leather cannot come for that low price-should be kind imitation rexin product-btw, if going for art leather buy the marble beading for drivers seat(costs 450-500).
Steering Cover->0.35k
a fake leather steering cover can be obtained for as low as 200(i did buy one).May be if quality is really good ,that price of 400 is justified.
Central Locking->3.2k
better get xenox central locking and make sure it is installed by the company people only.Wrong installs wreck havoc on electricals not to mention the false alarms and abrupt failures.
plus a lcd screen ->5.8k

why are you so keen on a DVD system-is your main priority watching the movies or enjoying the drive? Anyway , if it can play divx/wmv formats and has got usb support-then you can load lots of movies onto a 8gb pendrive(retails at 1650/- ) and enjoy.

But there is hitch he says he will give a written guarantee on these items from his side not the manufacturer warranty.The thing here is i get all inclusive of lcd for 23k

buddy , just consider this : various parts can always be added step wise (also electronics prices decrease day by day and functionality increases)-so go for best quality money can give you now: a decent HU with mp3/wma support (DVD if money can buy it) and USB input(MUST) ; front components(Do go for them if you can afford-you will enjoy each and every moment) and decent rear speakers(quality not wattage)- that my humble suggestion.
Old 1st February 2008, 15:26   #90
BHPian

@krish : Also are you planning to just fill the 4 stock speaker locations of Xeta (2 in the dashboard and 2 in the front doors) or would like to go with 6x9s & subs in the boot (for extra bass) ?

@deetee and others : Do you have any idea about the SQ from the former speaker configuration (4 Speakers in the front. No 6x9 and subs / amps)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks