Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 15:59   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
@krish : Do you have any idea about the SQ from the former speaker configuration (4 Speakers in the front. No 6x9 and subs / amps)
please pardon my ignorance, can you explain what is this SQ?
IMHO, one speaker pair for low freq and one for mids and highs (ofcourse with xo circuit )(if need be -amp too) is good enough for an average being.
Thats why i suggested components- i personally doubt if 6x9's in rear are really needed(again for average audiophile-including me).

Last edited by deetee : 1st February 2008 at 15:59. Reason: corrected typo.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:32   #92
BHPian

SQ is Sound Quality.

So does that mean, we can let the speaker pair in the dash (can we say tweeters?) be for highs and the ones in door sockets be used for low freq? Actually i personally don't like to make any mods to the stock provisions or add something new.

Lets not get into OT in this thread. I have opened a thread for this in ICE section. Here is the link.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/34986-best-ice-setup-good-sq-without-6-9s-boot.html

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 16:45.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:34   #93
BHPian

Quote:
I think FastTrack Car Decors is also on Minister Rd.

EDIT : You can try to contact them on 65335252 (This was a number with me from long ago. Try your luck)

Can you list the features of the Security System they are promising ? Also where did you book your Xeta ? I am looking for the branch.

Yes, even i was told same about Sun film. About Extended Warranty, you have two options there.

18 Months EW and 30 Months EW. You get Basic Warranty from TATA MOTORS for first 18 months. There after the EW takes the position. 18+18 Months you get for Rs 2500 i think (don't remember this correctly) and 18+30 comes for Rs 4500. Taking 18+30 is a better option.
Autofin,Penderghast road and they are charging me 4.5k for 18months warranty they say there is no such thing as 30months extended warranty also the price i.e. ex-showroom price they are giving is different from the one in tata website.
Security system - it has reverse signalling and remote locking nothing more...
But the guy outside says he will give me a top end model of remote locking system with warranty from autocop or xenos at a lower price..
Old 1st February 2008, 16:36   #94
BHPian

[quote=TrueDreamer;707976]@krish : Also are you planning to just fill the 4 stock speaker locations of Xeta (2 in the dashboard and 2 in the front doors) or would like to go with 6x9s & subs in the boot (for extra bass) ?

I have no idea dude i am complete novice to all this ...but all i know is im gonna get 2 front speakers and 2 rear speakers that is all i know.
Old 1st February 2008, 17:25   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
Autofin,Penderghast road and they are charging me 4.5k for 18months warranty they say there is no such thing as 30months extended warranty also the price i.e. ex-showroom price they are giving is different from the one in tata website.
Security system - it has reverse signalling and remote locking nothing more...
But the guy outside says he will give me a top end model of remote locking system with warranty from autocop or xenos at a lower price..
If you had already booked the vehicle, there is nothing much to be done except speaking to the Sales Manager there regarding the EW. I have got EW of 18+30 for Rs 4500. Most of the Sales Exec. don't know about the 18+30 option usually. Also the computer printed price list which they might have provided you initially will have a footnote saying 18+30 Months Extended Warranty is also available.

Also go straight to Mr. Ahmed , who is the senior manager there, and give him the reference of himanshugoswami who had recently taken his Safari from and he should give you a good deal and also clarify you on the EW issue.

I didn't understand by Reverse Signaling feature of the Security System. I think each car comes with the reverse white light indicators as part of std. fitments. If you meant by the beep beep sound or some thing similar when reversing and reverse locking it is not a complete security system. You can get better Autocop or Xenos models in after market.

My sincere request is NOT to get any accessories fitted from dealer.
Old 1st February 2008, 17:42   #96
BHPian

Nothing is gonna be fitted by the dealer

After taking advice of all t-bhpians i am not getting any accessories from the dealer going for cash discount and buying all of them from outside market but there is one doubt the car dealer says fitting things outside may void warranty is it true?
Old 1st February 2008, 17:43   #97
BHPian

Also Any shop T-bhpians recommend

Is there any shop where we T-bhpians can get extra discount?
Old 1st February 2008, 20:02   #98
BHPian

If the installer cuts any wire then you fore go the warranty. Else you will not have any warranty issues.

Don't forget the Digital Camera and a Camcorder (if you have) because you can catch stuff on a camcorder on one frame or other which you fail to catch on a digital camera. Be prepared for making ~100 calls to Autofin & your financing company tomorrow if you have any finance related stuff pending. I hope you have your checklist ready. And don't forget that tiny gift you wanted to present them and keep it handy for the moment. I made the mistake of putting it somewhere i couldn't find it when needed.

We need to get info on which shop gives the best price and discount for bulk jobs and referral jobs.
Old 1st February 2008, 22:04   #99
BHPian

@True Dreamer
What tiny gift can you enlighten me on this..

@deetee
Thank you so much for all your help..
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:37   #100
BHPian

Another Xeta Comes to T-bhp

Yes bought the new car xeta its just amazing, Cavern Grey color ill post pics soon thanks to all the people who helped me decide on this grey
T-bhp rocks and also "Deetee" too...
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

But Krishna, I think if you are planning for mods later on like headers and FFE, palio is a slightly cranky car for these mods if i aint wrong as some of the mechanics @ the tuner garage voiced this concern. I maybe wrong on this but thats what i heard about being a bit tough to install them if not totally ruling them out.
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:26   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
But Krishna, I think if you are planning for mods later on like headers and FFE, palio is a slightly cranky car for these mods
@VJ : He got an Indica V2 Xeta GLS and not palio.

@Krish: Congratulations on your new car. If you have been driving earlier diesels, you may not experience the torque at speeds less than 5Kmph but this one has sufficient enough to move the car if you properly use the clutch. Be careful with this part while parking. Trust your eyes more than otherslike watchman and likes. Take good care of car and Happy driving. Will wait for your report and pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
@True Dreamer
What tiny gift can you enlighten me on this..
Sorry for late reply. Any small gift to the executive at dealership who assisted you through out this sale. This would usually help in getting your jobs done like help in getting your car registered at RTO and all.

EDIT:

In my case, i planned to gift a small pearl with "Thank You" inscribed on it. Below is its image.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 2nd February 2008 at 20:33.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:40   #103
BHPian

congrats vamshi,
hope you got the accessories also fitted. So, have had a great sunday with your new car i suppose.
As TD said, be extra carefull with parking(particularly at reversing) because if not judged properly you may end up scratching your bumper. Intially just practise driving by using clutch alone- xeta has sufficient torque to move without accelarator in 1s gear.
all the best-drive safe,enjoy-wear seat belts.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:52   #104
BHPian

Got all accessories

Yes done with accessories Deetee all of them at Car Tracks, Minister rd
Took all the accessories with warranty ...didn't want to take the risk
Sony Dvd model 1000
Jbl rear Speakers 330w
Sony Front speakers with separate tweeters
Xenox Central locking highest model with side locking and life time warranty
Art leather highest quality seat covers ..
These are things i bought besides i am planning to take a lcd screen after some time.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:55   #105
BHPian

Quote:
@VJ : He got an Indica V2 Xeta GLS and not palio.

@Krish: Congratulations on your new car. If you have been driving earlier diesels, you may not experience the torque at speeds less than 5Kmph but this one has sufficient enough to move the car if you properly use the clutch. Be careful with this part while parking. Trust your eyes more than otherslike watchman and likes. Take good care of car and Happy driving. Will wait for your report and pics.

Sorry for late reply. Any small gift to the executive at dealership who assisted you through out this sale. This would usually help in getting your jobs done like help in getting your car registered at RTO and all.

EDIT:

In my case, i planned to gift a small pearl with "Thank You" inscribed on it. Below is its image.

Wow nice gift bro...will post a report after a week..overall the experience has been good ...and also got Teflon and anti-rust coating done for the car.

Most Viewed