Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 22:04   #1
BHPian

Second hand car

Hello people,
I'm planning to buy a second hand car my budget is 2.5lakhs or so can you please suggest a decent car with specifications as to what i should look for i.e. km , car insurance etc...cheers: and what do you people say about maruti true value shops are there any other similar shops...
Old 31st December 2007, 00:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Which car are you looking at, sedan, hatch back? What are you looking at specifically, power, space, mileage, petrol or diesel. Please give us your requirements and then only we will be able to suggest. Currently i can say for 2.5Lacs you can get a very good 3 year old Ikon 1.6
Old 31st December 2007, 09:57   #3
BHPian

At 2.5 L, you can look at Lancers, OHC Type 1, and also accents.
Old 31st December 2007, 12:30   #4
BHPian

looking for a car which is spacious and comfortable till now i was looking at wagon R and Santro basically what do u suggest can i really get a ford ikon will it be good .i dont want to compromise on quality
Old 31st December 2007, 12:32   #5
BHPian

im looking at Hyundai santro and wagon r at the moment
Old 31st December 2007, 12:33   #6
BHPian

Sorry for using double post well Ford ikon oh my gosh can i really get a good one at my price range
Old 31st December 2007, 13:09   #7
BHPian

Specifications

Well Basically i was looking at Hyundai Santro Xing & Wagon R but well a Ford Ikon wow its seems to good to believe what do you people suggest as I'm looking for comfort and quality 5 and also please let me know what i need to look carefully at before buying a second hand car.. Thanks for your prompt replies...and its gonna be a family car...5 people say..and i have also seen people recommending the palio what do u people suggest..
Old 31st December 2007, 13:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Stick to a hatch if you are new to driving. For 2.5, your hatch options are endless. See if you can find a Palio 1.6. Palios are well built, spacious and fast!
Old 31st December 2007, 14:49   #9
BHPian

Santro Xing vs Wagon R vs Ford ikon Vs Fiat Palio

Till now Santro,Wagon R, Ford Ikon and Fiat palio are the recommendations by fellow Bhpians well i'm 6.1 so in case of palio would the hieght be ok ..and Ford ikon need some help on this please guys... need some serious advice on this from you experts.And not to mention i'm 21 yr old so ...i'm attracted to stylish cars
Old 31st December 2007, 17:11   #10
BHPian

Why does it take so long for my replies to be posted ...hmm anyways waiting for my previous post to be approved by the mod thanks i had posted some questions in that
Old 31st December 2007, 18:24   #11
BHPian

hmm i dont why but my posts dont turn up over here ...can please let me know about fiat petra and palio..and other options i can look at ...
Old 31st December 2007, 18:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Krish - Since your a newbie, it will take time for your posts to show as your posts will turn up once the mods aprove it.

Finding a good second hand car is not a easy task. Please go through this thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...r-india-3.html

I would suggest to opt for a Santro, since it will be extremely trouble free, however you can get a good Ikon 1.6 3 years old as well. Please lay down your priorities before you ask us. What exactly are you looking for in the car.
Old 31st December 2007, 18:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

LOL, try to optimise the choices first. Otherwise, people will suggest the whole range of cars here which you will get more confused. Answers to these basic questions will be helpful for you.

1) Whether you want sedan/hatch.
2) Whether FE is important to you?
3) Whether A** is all that important?
4) How many times you take your family out?
5) Is this your first car?
6) How much do you drive per month?
7) Do you use the car only on weekends/commute daily to your office?

and few more.

Try to jot down on the piece of paper/computer your choices and eliminate them one by one based on the criteria which you like. For more details on how to buy the 2nd hand car, pls do make a search on this forum. There is good thread on this that will inform you on what all you have to look for in a 2nd hand car...OOPS BUSA has already given the link

Last edited by snaronikar : 31st December 2007 at 18:51.
Old 31st December 2007, 18:53   #14
BHPian

would use the car mostly on weekends
this gonna be my first car
Sedan/hatchback anything for 5 people
gotta last for a some time
Old 31st December 2007, 19:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
Till now Santro,Wagon R, Ford Ikon and Fiat palio are the recommendations by fellow Bhpians well i'm 6.1 so in case of palio would the hieght be ok ..and Ford ikon need some help on this please guys... need some serious advice on this from you experts.And not to mention i'm 21 yr old so ...i'm attracted to stylish cars

Hi Krishna,
At 6'1'' your choices do get limited! You just can't get into any car you fancy!

Try sitting on the driving seat of ikon and then ask yourself, whether you are comfortable in that or not. This goes for other cars also.
Interestingly, Palio is an easier bet to get in behind the wheel than the Ikon.
And, with 2.5L as your budget you are pretty much in reach of new hatchbacks, if you strech a little.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks