Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 07:14   #76

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

Checked out Spinny Max to sell my BMW 5 Series. It was not a great experience. Won't recommend.

- Most importantly they are sharing your personal & car details to local vendors. I got calls from many local pre-owned car dealers as soon my details were shared with Spinny Max as part of car evaluation.! This is not good. I specifically looked for Spinny Max to avoid such local vendors and i ended up getting calls from local vendors as soon I shared my details with Spinny Max. This was my primary reason why I just walked out any discussion with Spinny Max. Just be cautious while sharing your personal information with them, in case you want to go for it.

I won't recommend Spinny Max in case you want to sell your premium cars. Go for Merc Or BMW Premium Selection option. They are very professional and whole transaction gets wrapped up in 1-2 days only. And trust that you are dealing with authorized stores is always there with BMW Premium selection.
GypsyJourneyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 21:43   #77
BHPian

What are the forms to be signed? I was told as per new rules (after 01 April 2023), The handing over of the vehicle has to be recorded in form 29C and both the dealer and seller have to intimate the RTO authority online and get a digital acknowledgement number. I would be grateful to know the experience of those who have sold post 01April 2023 how it was done. Also what is the procedure for retaining the NCB on the existing Insurance policy. Do we intimate the Insurance co immideately on handing over the existing policy to the dealer or wait for transfer to take place?
murlidar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 17:09   #78
BHPian

Is the price given by Spinny negotiable or is it completely fixed with no elbow room?

Also, are there any fees and taxes (apart from Income Tax if any) that need to be paid to either Spinny or KA RTO during the sale of a vehicle?
Old 4th July 2023, 18:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Is the price given by Spinny negotiable or is it completely fixed with no elbow room?

Also, are there any fees and taxes (apart from Income Tax if any) that need to be paid to either Spinny or KA RTO during the sale of a vehicle?
It is negotiable, the choice is always yours if you accept or reject their offer. When I was looking to sell my Dzire, they lowballed the quote and I rejected them upright. They kept increasing the price, but still could not match what I was getting through dealer exchange, so I know there is scope for negotiations.
dass is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 17:10   #80
BHPian

My experience of selling my Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire to Spinny today.
Overall, very happy with the entire transaction (will be fully satisfied if the entire RC transfer goes smoothly).
1. Booked a request for inspection on Spinny.com
2. Request was attended as per the suggested time. Person who came was very professsional. Knew his job
3. 4 hours post inspection I get a call from their call center confirming some details and telling me the price.
Price was on the higher band of my expectations. Even then I told him 10k more is my expectation. He said it was take him 1 day to confirm.
4. Calls back the next day stating they can do 4K more. I confirm that I want to go ahead with the transaction.
5. Get sent the link to upload RC, PAN, Aadhaar and a cancelled cheque
6. In a few hours, the Spinny.com person comes for pick up. Reinspects the car.
Digital sales agreement is sent across. Signature through digilocker is seamless.
Explains the process and I have to give a few signatures for the RC transfer etc.
7. Within 10 mins I get the entire amount (minus 10k hold which they had told) transferred to my account through RTGS

What impressed me most is the person who picked up said “sorry sir, I have to take your car.” (I know there must be emotions attached to it)

So overall within 48 hours all done. Hope nothing happens to spoil the experience.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 14:36   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi everyone,

I feel compelled to share my experience with Spinny, an automotive company that has left me deeply disappointed and frustrated. I hope my story serves as a cautionary tale for anyone considering purchasing a vehicle from them.

Last year, around August/September, I decided to buy a used Honda City from Spinny, trading in my Hyundai i10 as part of the deal. Their sales document assured me that the registration of my i10 would be completed within three months, with the registration copy promptly shared with me. Little did I know that I was stepping into a nightmare.

(DO NOTE - The buying experience of the Honda wasn't bad though they sent me an unwashed car driven down 35kms from their stockyard rather than on a flatbed as promised - but that's a post for another day).

Fast forward to today, and I am still left without the registration copy. Despite numerous reminders and follow-ups with Spinny's customer service team, I have been met with nothing but empty promises and apathy. This failure to fulfill their commitment has had severe consequences for me.

The main issue lies in claiming the No Claim Bonus (NCB) from my i10's insurance company. The NCB allows me to reduce the insurance premium for my Honda City when it is due for renewal in August this year. However, without the transferred registration copy as proof of sale, I am unable to claim the NCB and all pleas and skinny documents have yielded no results with Bajaj Insurance. As a result, I face the prospect of losing a significant amount of money.

What disappoints me the most is the lack of accountability and empathy from Spinny's customer service team. They have shown a complete disregard for my concerns and have failed to provide any satisfactory resolution. It is disheartening to see a company that claims to value its customers fall short on the most basic aspects of customer service.

Therefore, I write this post to forewarn other prospective buyers. If you are considering selling to or purchasing a vehicle from Spinny, be cautious and think twice. My experience with them has shattered my trust and left me with a profound sense of dissatisfaction. Don't let their association with famous personalities like Sachin Tendulkar sway you. Behind the glitz and glamour, there lies a company that fails to deliver on its promises and leaves its customers in distress.

I urge you to carefully consider other alternatives and thoroughly research your options before choosing Spinny. Take my experience as a cautionary tale and ensure you make an informed decision when it comes to such a significant investment.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 00:50   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
What are the forms to be signed? I was told as per new rules (after 01 April 2023), The handing over of the vehicle has to be recorded in form 29C and both the dealer and seller have to intimate the RTO authority online and get a digital acknowledgement number. I would be grateful to know the experience of those who have sold post 01April 2023 how it was done. Also what is the procedure for retaining the NCB on the existing Insurance policy. Do we intimate the Insurance co immideately on handing over the existing policy to the dealer or wait for transfer to take place?
Though i sold my Honda car to Cars24, i can explain NCB transfer process. I had told the advisor of cars24 that i am not transferring insurance as i need NCB. They had no issues, and they told me not to sign insurance transfer letter in RTO booklet.
At the time of pick-up, there was some delay as this insurance transfer letter is mandatory as per their standard process, so had chat with advisor and my payment was processed.
I reached out to my honda outlet - which always renews my insurance. Their agent asked for insurance doc, Selling proof from Cars24, ID and letter. NCB letter of 50% was sent via email. I also got physical copy from bajaj allianz in 3 days which is applicable for 3 years from sale date.
I had used only 3 months from my insurance premium paid date- so i also got some refund - though Bajaj allianz doesnt refund 3rd party Premium.
The process may vary - but insurance company can be contacted for exact process.
jimmzbond is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:24   #83
BHPian

I regularly browse through Spinny Website as I am looking for a small automatic hatchback in Bangalore.

Recently observed that their car inventory is falling, the average number of automatic cars used to be around 260-270. But now its fallen below 200 consistently and total cars available is around 650+. Where as few months ago the total cars available in Bangalore was always well over 900.

Not sure if their is a reason for it, but it does indicate a slow trend away from Spinny

Regards
Old 11th July 2023, 09:33   #84
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I regularly browse through Spinny Website as I am looking for a small automatic hatchback in Bangalore.

Recently observed that their car inventory is falling, the average number of automatic cars used to be around 260-270. But now its fallen below 200 consistently and total cars available is around 650+. Where as few months ago the total cars available in Bangalore was always well over 900.

Not sure if their is a reason for it, but it does indicate a slow trend away from Spinny

Regards
Yes, I have noticed the same too, earlier Spinny used to offer valuation in my district in Kerala, now they offer it only in Kochi and the number of cars on sale has drastically dropped, they have reduced their operations to a certain extent in many places and are cutting down on inventory, maybe a downsizing arrangement is going on, or will it lead to their gradual downfall?.

On the other hand, Cars24 seems to be in the same state as before with more or less similar inventory and services available, atleast here in Kerala.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The main issue lies in claiming the No Claim Bonus (NCB) from my i10's insurance company. The NCB allows me to reduce the insurance premium for my Honda City when it is due for renewal in August this year. However, without the transferred registration copy as proof of sale, I am unable to claim the NCB and all pleas and skinny documents have yielded no results with Bajaj Insurance. As a result, I face the prospect of losing a significant amount of money.
Sorry to hear your ordeal with Spinny but there is still hope.

Hope you have made it clear to Spinny that the insurance won’t be transferred with the car deal.

The reason for non transfer of RC could be they still have the car in stock and haven’t found a buyer yet?

For the NCB certificate you can cancel the policy anytime before expiry of the current policy and the NCB certificate is valid for 3 years from the time of issue.

Lastly the monetary benefit won’t be much as you will be transferring the NCB on a used car where the Insured value is significantly lower and the NCB is applied to only the Own Damage premium which would anyway will be very low.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:47   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Sorry to hear your ordeal with Spinny but there is still hope.

Hope you have made it clear to Spinny that the insurance won’t be transferred with the car deal.
The insurance was expiring in 1 month when I sold the car and they assured me that I will get transferred rc in 3 months. That was a mistake on my part.

Quote:
The reason for non transfer of RC could be they still have the car in stock and haven’t found a buyer yet?
Yes

Quote:
For the NCB certificate you can cancel the policy anytime before expiry of the current policy and the NCB certificate is valid for 3 years from the time of issue.
Unfortunately policy has lapsed

Quote:
Lastly the monetary benefit won’t be much as you will be transferring the NCB on a used car where the Insured value is significantly lower and the NCB is applied to only the Own Damage premium which would anyway will be very low.
I bought a six month old car from spinny. And whatever the savings, they are valuable!
Old 11th July 2023, 11:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I feel compelled to share my experience with Spinny, an automotive company that has left me deeply disappointed and frustrated. I hope my story serves as a cautionary tale for anyone considering purchasing a vehicle from them.
@Tejas, feel bad to see you going through the ordeal. I recently bought a Wagon R (which mite have stayed in their warehouse for not more than a day or two) from them for city use. The ownership transfer took a good 4 months which was a bit frustrating for me. I had to do multiple followups via their app and just last month I got the RC via speedpost which is the usual drill.
Although, I was sort of satisfied with the deal, they drove the car over to my place instead of bringing it on a flat bed which sort of put me off a bit, but the car was thoroughly cleaned in and out.
I hope your issue gets resolved at the earliest.

PS: Are you waiting for the RC or the ownership transfer is yet to be completed? If it's the former, are there any issues or shortages of cards at the RTO front? In my case, Spinny didn't confirm but I did read there was some shortage (MH14 in my case).
Old 11th July 2023, 12:25   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
PS: Are you waiting for the RC or the ownership transfer is yet to be completed? If it's the former, are there any issues or shortages of cards at the RTO front? In my case, Spinny didn't confirm but I did read there was some shortage (MH14 in my case).
I’m waiting for transfer and Rc of the car I sold. The car that I purchased I received the RC within 45 days.
Old 11th July 2023, 14:19   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The insurance was expiring in 1 month when I sold the car and they assured me that I will get transferred rc in 3 months. That was a mistake on my part.
But did Bajaj say that they would issue a NCB certificate even if you don’t renew the policy and provide them the transferred RC in the next 3 months?

As, if the policy is not renewed than the NCB also won’t be valid anymore.

On the savings with a 50% NCB it would be better to use it on buying a new car if you have plans to buy one in the next three years as the savings can be substantial in that case compared to transferring it on a old car.
Old 11th July 2023, 14:30   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I’m waiting for transfer and Rc of the car I sold. The car that I purchased I received the RC within 45 days.
Do you have visibility if the car has been sold? Unfortunately this problem is across all used car operators. My car got the RC transferred only after it was purchased (about 4 odd months iirc). A friend's car took a much longer period as the new owner didn't do the RC transfer and the used car dealer washed their hands off, saying he's sold the car and the new owner is responsible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks