Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2023, 11:11   #106
BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

My Experience with Spinny -

I have a Chevy Beat, Nov 2010 model with out-of-station registration, which became sort of redundant after I purchased a new vehicle in July this year.

It was just resting in the parking while I took it out occasionally on weekends or gave it to friends.

After renewing the insurance realized there was no actual need for a second car and it is just an emotional thing to keep with extra expenses.

Decided to sell it, being out of state only options were Cars 24 & Spinny or I would need to send it to Chennai myself and find a buyer there. Cars24 does not provide home evaluation in my locality while Spinny does so booked a slot for evaluation on Sunday morning 17th Dec 23.

Day 1 - 17th Dec 2023
The evaluator was on time and did his usual checking and by around 1 and a half hours he was done. He told me I would receive the quotation in a day or two.

All is good till here, received a call in the evening with a quotation for INR 86000 /- not bad, just asked him can it be closer to a lakh. Told him to check and revert.

Day 2 - 18th Dec 2023

There was no price update on the app, it still showed, that the price was yet to be updated.
Got a call again, and he said his offer is 86000/-, the price offered is 51000 and he has managed to increase the offer to 86000.

Listening to 51k triggered some angry emotions, calmed myself, and told him to wait for my reply.
Discussed with a friend, no point in keeping the car as it would be degrading day by day only with no obvious benefit for me, and agreed to the sale for 86000.

Day 3 - 19th Dec 2023

The app was showing 51k, called the spinny guy, and he updated the price to 86000 on the app, I accepted the offer and it went to the next page asking me to upload some more documents.

Was not able to upload the documents, called the guy again, he asked me to share the documents with him via WhatsApp and then he would upload them from the back end.

I did that and asked him to confirm the pickup time - preferably in the morning, to which he replied that he would confirm after checking the available slot

Felt a little bit sad for letting her go but then consoled myself that it is for her good.

Day 4 - 20th Dec 2023
As I am going on holiday from the 22nd, wanted to close the deal with Spinny ASAP, called the Spinny guy but got no response, messaged him and no response till evening.

Got curious, and opened the app to check for the progress, interestingly the app went back to 1st screen showing INR 51000/- as the offer price and waiting for me to approve the sale.

I was lost for words, tried calling them on the number provided on app, but no one picked up, chose the option for them to call back, but no one did and by the night when I checked the app again, it showed sell request was canceled.

I understand that it was not a binding agreement and Spinny can go back on its proposal to buy the vehicle, but expected a little more professional response from the company which they promised to provide.

No call, no response, no justification for what they did and why they did just radio silence and back end playing with the app.

Day 5 - 20th Dec 2023

Someone called from Spinny, Sir are you looking to sell your car, we provide the best value for your car and more than anyone else in the market and some more blah.. blah.. blah...
At this point, it was not even funny, told him all my experience, and he apologized and said that was not the service they expected to provide and, they would look into it.

I uninstalled the app.

My feedback -
1) booking the slot & vehicle evaluation - full 5 stars
2) Price offered - 3 /5.
3) Post-price acceptance - 0 stars
Overall Rating - A big Zero, (zero multiplied by anything make it zero)

So back to square one, the Beat wants to stay it seems.
Let's see what is in the store in 2024.
Attached Thumbnails
Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com-screenshot_20231218_144413_spinny.jpg  

Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com-screenshot_20231219_152026_spinny.jpg  

Illuminati is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 11:05   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Why don't you list your car in t-bhp classifieds and give a link to the Bhpiab owned car for sale thread as well? Am sure someone looking for a genuine car will buy from you ! Am never a fan of ugly business deals and has a special place in my heart for genuine cars from owners.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...s-details.html (BHPian-owned cars for Sale | Pics & details)

PS : Check carwale used car evaluation and you might find the car worthy to be a little more than what Spinny quoted you.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th December 2023 at 11:09.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 11:07   #108
BANNED

I recently tried to sell my Tata Nano to spinny but they ended up rejecting it, and I ended up selling it to cardekho for 56000.i did end up buying it's replacement from spinny, a 10 lakh Hyundai i20 asta 2021 variant. It had 25k kms on it and the car is going great so far.
UNSC117 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 15:10   #109
BHPian

I recently came across a Figo Diesel 2016 model on sale at Spinny for 5 lakhs. Considering this as a benchmark, I tried to sell my 2018 one with exact same mileage to spinny. If not 4.5, I was hoping for atleast 4 lakhs from Spinny as an offer. But they were very adamant of a mere 3.2~ lakhs to take mine. It wasn't a fair price according to me.

I did not budge though they continued to keep calling. I think I'm better off giving away the car elsewhere rather than Spinny.

But the way car was evaluated was very comprehensive and I got to see a lot of things.

Last edited by r24x7 : 25th December 2023 at 15:12.
r24x7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 17:22   #110
BHPian

My experience with Spinny was unsatisfactory as well. I had decided on a pre-owned Honda Amaze with 35,000 km on it. The website proudly claimed, "detailed service record available." However, when I asked the sales executive for all service details, he could only provide the latest record, and it was billed to Spinny, not the original owner. After checking with my Honda contacts, I discovered that only one service was done by the previous owner at 5,000 km, and the car was never serviced at Honda. Spinny purchased the car and had it serviced at 35,000 km. This raises concerns about potential odometer tampering, or the car being involved in an accident or flood damage. That marked the end of my dealings with Spinny. Instead, I opted for a new car.
bravo82in is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 01:45   #111
Senior - BHPian

From my experience, the online portals like Cars24, Spinny etc provide quite competitive value for the popular models (specially Maruti, Hyundai hatchbacks) and close the deal within few hours if buyer agrees. I listed my Hyundai Grand i10 with 37k km on odo and all services carried out Hyundai SC. They offered me the best quote within hours of inspection without any negotiation from my end.

They want to lap up fast moving models with clean history, for which there are ready buyers. This translates into lower inventory cost and good margin for them.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th December 2023 at 01:55.
Aviator_guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 13:48   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Why don't you list your car in t-bhp classifieds and give a link to the Bhpiab owned car for sale thread as well?

PS : Check carwale used car evaluation and you might find the car worthy to be a little more than what Spinny quoted you.
As the vehicle is outside the registered state, cannot sell it directly, have to get NOC or need to send it back there. To avoid all the hassle went with them.

Will try Carwale also, let's see how it goes.
Illuminati is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 14:32   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
sold my car to spinny in first week of June 2023. Since then, I have been following up with them for getting the RC transfered. But more than 5.5 months have passed without any proper reply regarding sale and transfer to new buyer. They mention a time of 180 days for the transfer but sadly in my case no response from them regarding the same. Only verbal assurances and asking to wait for 180 days as per the agreement. Will update after 180 days have passed. If others are also in the same boat please share your experience.
Hi, was wondering whether you received an update from Spinny or not. Also, what happens if they are unable to do RC transfer within the stipulated 180 days? Since the RC is still in your name, how does one guarantee that there is no misuse of the vehicle during this period?

Your insights would help as I am looking to sell my car and Spinny has given me a quote.
Old 5th January 2024, 16:01   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsc0230 View Post
Hi, was wondering whether you received an update from Spinny or not. Also, what happens if they are unable to do RC transfer within the stipulated 180 days? Since the RC is still in your name, how does one guarantee that there is no misuse of the vehicle during this period?

Your insights would help as I am looking to sell my car and Spinny has given me a quote.
No update from Spinny. They only give false assurances.
murlidar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 16:09   #115
BHPian

Quote:
sold my car to spinny in first week of June 2023. Since then, I have been following up with them for getting the RC transfered. But more than 5.5 months have passed without any proper reply regarding sale and transfer to new buyer. They mention a time of 180 days for the transfer but sadly in my case no response from them regarding the same. Only verbal assurances and asking to wait for 180 days as per the agreement. Will update after 180 days have passed. If others are also in the same boat please share your experience.
Quote:
No update from Spinny. They only give false assurances.
I am in the same boat. Due to unavoidable circumstances I ended by selling to Spinny in Dec 2022. One year hence, RC transfer is not done. Vahan shows NOC issued to another RTO within Karnataka, but owner is still myself.
vinodh_eee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 19:19   #116
Team-BHP Support

I just sold my mothers i10 Grand 2014 Asta (O) with 20500km on the clock to Spinny for Rs 3.91L. My target price had been Rs 4 L but as I hardly touch the car, I did not realise it needed some minor body work.

The car was inspected on Saturday morning. Person came on time and assessed the car thoroughly. Spinney keeps tabs, making him take selfies etc. As he performed the assessment including pulling beadings apart, checking the spare, videoing the engine running, these were uploaded.

After 2 hours, Spinny rang and confirmed I had both keys and I was quoted the final price. I was not pressured to make a decision. I mulled on it and confirmed the price today. I asked for a pickup on Tuesday. When Spinny called, I asked if the car can be taken on Sunday which they were happy to do. Meanwhile a test payment of Rs 1 was made

Collection was an hour late as the executive was changed. The person came. Took pics of the keys and RC and uploaded to HQ. A Vahan challan check was performed and I was asked to deactivate the Fastag. Bit difficult as I had no proof except a service request number.

My mother signed the papers over and the go ahead to process the payment was initiated. 10 min later, the funds reached and I handed over the keys. 10 min later, the executive had not left as he was documenting the condition of the car before driving off.

ll in all a smooth process, decent price and a lot of time saved. I might have got Rs 10000 more or even Rs 30000 f the bodywork was corrected but I saved a lot of time and risk.

Spinny are vey process driven. I hope that translates into how the cars are turned around!

Last edited by ajmat : 28th January 2024 at 19:21.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 11:38   #117
BHPian

Ownership Transfer Confirmation after 4 Months and 3 Weeks

I sold my S Cross car on Spinny on September 6, 2023.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5621987 (Review: I bought a used car from Spinny)

The vehicle found a new owner on January 17, 2024. Yesterday, on January 31, 2024, I received the below confirmation message about the ownership transfer

Hi there,

We have successfully initiated the ownership transfer of your car (reg. no. ).

You can keep track of further updates and download the RTO receipt here -

SellRight by Spinny

It took 4 months and 1 week to find a new owner and 2 weeks to transfer ownership. I also checked the RTO portal to confirm if the new owner's name is reflected- it is!

Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com-whatsapp-image-20240201-11.13.30.jpeg
bharathdonti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 12:40   #118
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I
ll in all a smooth process, decent price and a lot of time saved. I might have got Rs 10000 more or even Rs 30000 f the bodywork was corrected but I saved a lot of time and risk.

Spinny are vey process driven. I hope that translates into how the cars are turned around!
I echo what you said Ajit. Spinny actually offered me the best price for my Thar, even compared to potential Private punters.

Of course their quote was for Stock Condition so I pulled out all the accessories. (All the big and expensive ones are going to my very good friend as a gift.) I have seen that no one, including private buyers who profess to be enthusiasts, value the additional functional accessories that one puts into one’s cars with so much thought and care. Obviously online car sellers like Spinny also will not value these. Hence it is better to remove and sell or remove and gift.

Saying all this, Spinny’s processes are strong. Their executives are very decent and professional folks. Overall a very decent experience. I do hope that they continue to keep up their standards.
Old 29th March 2024, 20:26   #119
BHPian

I had a positive experience with Spinny.

I had to sell my 2016 Tata Zest. I tried the exchange offer from Hyundai and Kia and both quoted a low price.

Spinny did a thorough check for close to 2 hours and a test drive post which I was offered 70% more than what others did and I accepted immediately.

I was paid in the total (minus 10k which was promised to be done once RC is transferred) immediately.

It took about 3 months and a week for it to be sold from their platform and I got the 10k immediately without needing to follow up.
Old 29th March 2024, 22:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

I sold my SCross 1.6 to Spinny. My observations as below:
1- As per them, they raise a red flag on cars whose engines have been opened up for repairs. I had gotten the timing belt changed. I had a tough time explaining that in my case the engine was never opened as the timing belt was outside and only the external cover needed to be opened.
2- My car had aftermarket projectors inside the main headlight. They made a note of it. If it needed to be changed they would deduct the cost of the spares. Anyone planning to sell their car through Spinny, it would be best to keep the car stock.
3- Inspection is very much detailed. They inspect for frontal and rear damages due to accident.
4- Cars which fail their evaluation are sent to truebill, another platform that caters to budget friendly options. I would avoid truebill as their cars aren't in good shape.

It took Spinny 4.5 months to sell the car, and the ownership has also been transferred.

PS: The new owner has already received 5-6 challans. Most of them is on towing charges. How do i know this? I keep getting SMSes from the traffic department.
The challan has pictures of the car being towed and it makes me sad seeing the current condition of the car, after all the pains I had taken to take care of it.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 29th March 2024 at 22:12.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks