Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 17:59   #91
BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I urge you to carefully consider other alternatives and thoroughly research your options before choosing Spinny. Take my experience as a cautionary tale and ensure you make an informed decision when it comes to such a significant investment.
Sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Selling your car through any third party like Spinny or cars24 is a hit or a miss, mostly miss. This is my experience.

First, if you are selling, they underquote the value of the vehicle while overquoting the buyer. The only thing that is pretty quick is payment.

There is a very thin margin for negotiation.

Once you are in their workflow, there is no escape. If you are lucky then the whole transfer process is smooth. I assume in your case, they probably didn't have a buyer for your i10 for that period of time.

I don't sell or purchase from these companies for this matter. I've had far better success buying or selling to individual buyers and the RTO process is also far more easier in Karnataka.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 18:14   #92
BHPian

If the RC still has bank hypothecation, will Spinny take care of this. I really do not want to go to RTO and do the rounds. How does Spinny manage this..?
Old 11th July 2023, 18:41   #93
BHPian

I am also in a transition state right now. I sold my car through cars24 and I received the RC transfer within 6 weeks. I shared the same with my insurer asking them for a NCB transfer as my existing insurance is valid till December.

I am still communicating with the insurer to get my NCB letter. I have not cancelled my previous insurance nor I have received any intimation from the insurer to do so.
Old 11th July 2023, 22:18   #94
BHPian

Haven’t had a good experience with OLX either.
They haven’t transferred my registration yet despite the Fastag being activated by the new owner (whoever it is).
Calls to their sales person and the ops person he referred me to go unanswered.
Par for the course in India. Once they don’t need you, you are discarded like an old bald tire.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 07:39   #95
BHPian

I'm in the market for a new car and have booked a Kia Seltos 2023 which should be allotted in a month or two. I was hoping to sell my existing car (i20 Asta, 2009 model) closer to the allotment either on Spinny or Cars24. But reading the reviews on TBHP has really made me nervous.

I have a 50% NCB to claim on my existing insurance. That can only be availed AFTER my car is bought from these platforms. In that case, I need to have enough buffer time before I take my new car. That's problematic as I will be without a car for those many weeks/months

Local Hyundai dealer offered a deal which sounded much better (2.7L vs 1.5L offered by Kia for exchange ) but I don't know how smooth the process will be

Any tips for me? Should I consider Spinny/Cars24 or Hyundai dealer or good old sale within the family/friend circle?
Old 19th September 2023, 09:16   #96

1. I had put up my car for sale to M/s Spinny and it was duly inspected on 10 Sep 2023 & I was offered Rs 2.31 lakh and this was later increased to Rs 2.36 lakh saying that the car had an immediate buyer. I accepted the offer & agreement was signed . A person was assigned to pick up the car and just about 1-2 hours before the pick up I am informed that offer is reduced to Rs 2.10 lakh as the vehicle was earlier registered in a different state ( but the RC transfer & road tax of current state was duly paid about 6 years back ) . I had submitted all required documents so it is quite surprising that vehicle history was not checked even with the 200 point inspection which was done. As this happened at the last moment, I had no other option but to hand over the car at a substantial loss .

2. I had read that deals with Spinny are based on trust and transparency, but sadly both these were negated in my case.

3. I had also raised a complaint ( Id 01546078 ) and also wrote to the CEO explaining the issue and my mail was forwarded to the Customer Service and I received a call from a lady who apologised profusely and then assured that my loss would be looked into. I was quite hopeful but sadly at the end of the day the same lady called back and said that I had been given the best amount and nothing could be done.

Should I approach the National Consumer Forum?
Old 24th September 2023, 11:17   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I425rocks View Post

Should I approach the National Consumer Forum?
Sad to hear about this, but this is nothing new from Spinny. Also why waste your time and effort going to consumer forums?

They can easily defend the case, there is no contractual obligation on their end to give you a specific price. Don't waste your time. Best to go find a buyer yourself. This is what I did with my car sale and when I was handing over my previous car to the new owner, the same Spinny guy (who said I can't get a better price than what they offered) was standing right there inspecting another car.

I told him that I got a much better offer with a pretty fat smile but didn't reveal the price to leave him guessing. Got my sweet revenge!
Old 24th September 2023, 23:24   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post
I sold my 2018 - Tata Tiago XZ on 28th October, 2022 to Spinny after reading all the reviews here on Team BHP about Spinny, Cars24 and OLX. It had 26 K on odometer at the time of selling.

Note: RC transfer is still pending.
Wanted to update you all that I have checked my car details in Vahan portal probably 4 or 5 months ago. I see that the RC is transferred and a new owner is listed in Vahan portal. Thankfully the whole process went fine for me.

Based on my experience, I would definitely recommend Spinny for someone who wants to sell the car who is short of time
bvasista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 10:03   #99

Spinny Selling Experience

Hello Everyone.

New to this forum. Used Spinny to sell my car. Buying a new Mercedes (Will write about this later. Getting delivery this week). Hence decided to sell one of the other Cars I own.

With a Heavy heart, I decided to Sell my 2020 EcoSport (Top End, Automatic, Petrol). Driven for 10k km and was as good as new.

Two things were important to me - RC Transfer post sales and hassle-free process.

I did not want to opt for the endless loop of test drives etc. Yes, I realized I could have gotten 50-60k extra easily. But I am in such a profession where I can make a lot more if I spend 10 hours at my work. Hence for me, Spinny or something similar was the best way out.

This is the process I followed.

1) Cars 24 - Offered me 8.1 L price (online). Inspection was to be done later. I rejected the offer.

2) Mahindra First - Offered 8.2 L (After evaluation)

3) Local Dealer - 8.3 L after inspection

4) Spinny - Online quote of 8.75 L

I accepted Spinny's quote and opted for Inspection etc.

They came the very next day. Evaluated the car thoroughly and said they would accept it at 8.75 L. I told them I would need a day to think about this. They told me, the said offer will be valid for 48 hours and car will have to go through another inspection before picking up. (As I was asking for more time)

I used Spinny's quote to get a better offer from Mahindra First. They raised the offer to 9 after seeing the same. I then did the same with Spinny. I knew my car was top notch and would easily sell for 10.3 or higher. And the way both were calling me again and again, I knew I could get a lot higher.

Spinny evaluator told me your car is in an excellent condition and can easily fetch a lot more. I told him that needs of every customer is different and for me, I would forfeit extra 60 - 1 L if it would save me time.

In the end, they offered me quote between 9.3 - 9.45 which I happily accepted. Overall, I was happy with the process. Documentation / signatures etc were done within 30 minutes and got the money in my account within 25 minutes. Post that, car was picked up and taken away.

Once the RC transfer is done, I will update again. You can easily use Spinny's quote to get others to bid at a higher price. This works in your favor.
Tigs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 08:48   #100
BHPian

Another happy camper here. Just sold my 2017 Baleno Alpha CVT to Spinny in Mumbai. Extremely well-oiled experience - right from inspection, scheduling pick-up post delivery of the new car and document signing. The quotation was competitive and for time strapped professionals like me, a god-send - can't really spend my precious free time hanging around for individuals to show up on time, keep giving TDs, hoping they don't low-ball etc.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 10:34   #101

I sold my car in Bangalore to Spinny, even though it had an MH registration. I checked Cars24, but their offer was lower.

Listing the car, scheduling an inspection, and getting payment and pick-up took about 3-4 days.

There was a minor error regarding the exact variant in the RC. They deducted 5K to correct the RC. Aside from that, the process was smooth. I'd rate it 4.5 stars.
Old 5th November 2023, 22:26   #102

I intend to sell my car through amy of the jsed car sellers. Its a diesel nexon automatic 32k on the odo.

Car is in Maharashtra .

What if in the phase between giving out the car and rc transfer there is an accident?

Will I be legally liable?
Old 6th November 2023, 14:13   #103
BHPian

Finally sold my car on Spinny

Some background:

I was on a lookout for a buyer for my 2009 Hyundai i20. There was an acquaintance (a driver who had previously driven the car for many outstation trips), and he was particularly interested in buying the car. In fact, he had earlier purchased my TVS Apache, so wasn't the first time he was dealing with me.

First evaluation by Hyundai

The first evaluation of the car happened by Hyundai's H Promise at a nearby dealer when I had gone to get the HSRP registration plates. I was mentally prepared to sell the car to my acquaintance but still wanted to know what they'd quote. They gave a decent quote but I told them I'll get back when I actually want to sell it.

Second evaluation by Spinny

After this, my curiosity peaked to know the real evaluation of the car before I give a price to my driver friend. I registered on Spinny and the evaluator dropped in on the same day. The check was thorough, he spent like 45 - 60 minutes and noted down every single issue. After ~24 hours I got a quote similar to Hyundai H Promise. I rejected and they increased by ~10k. I still rejected because of the driver friend.

Driver friend backs off

The driver acquaintance took my car for a couple of drives with his family, and was happy to buy it as soon as I'm ready to let it go. I was waiting for some clarity about my new car delivery, and finally when I was ready, the guy came home, and to my shock, started bargaining giving lame reasons. I had to say no, since it was totally unfair and more importantly, a breach of trust.

Hyundai backs off as well

I connected back with Hyundai H Promise and their tone was different this time. They claimed they aren't taking any car older than 2014

Cars24 and OLX Autos

I tried checking OLX Autos and got to know they had shut down their bidding portal a couple of weeks back. Cars24 gave a laughable estimate (almost 75k lower than Spinny) even before evaluating the car. So I didn't proceed further.

Spinny to the rescue

I checked with Spinny again and they said they would need to reevaluate the car as it's been ~45 days since the first evaluation. They again scheduled inspection on the same day, another engineer came and did the inspection. It was thorough again and I got a quote lower than the first one. They blamed it on the bidders. I rejected and they got back to me with something closer to the one I got the first time around.

Meanwhile, the Hyundai guy called me and said he got a direct buyer who wants to check the car. I hesitantly agreed. Turns out the buyer is one of the bidders at Spinny and he was quoting +10k more than Spinny. I rejected since the headache of dealing with a random buyer and questionable processes isn't worth 10k more I'd be getting.

So I accepted Spinny's offer and their executive came on the same day, got signatures, made the payment, and took the car. It was all very smooth and totally worth it. They didn't even insist on the spare key (which I had misplaced).

In short, I'd recommend Spinny for anyone looking for hassle-free selling experience in exchange of slightly lesser quote you'd get by looking for a direct buyer.
Sufficient_shop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 17:55   #104
BHPian

Had a very positive experience selling my car to Spinny.
* Very professional and thorough evaluation
* pricing was much better than a dealer I had approached and better than other platforms like cars24
* maybe I could have eaked out a bit more, don't have the time and energy so went ahead with Spinny
* not much scope for negotiations, got a little more after negotiating
* they insisted on signing the insurance transfer doc
* pickup inspection and money were completed in under 45 minutes and they were away with the car
* on the Spinny app, I could download sale agreement as well as the completed delivery note immediately
* also shows the RC transfer process (once they initiate it)

I would recommend Spinny if you don't want to run around and invest a lot of your time.
sknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 16:27   #105
BHPian

sold my car to spinny in first week of June 2023. Since then, I have been following up with them for getting the RC transfered. But more than 5.5 months have passed without any proper reply regarding sale and transfer to new buyer. They mention a time of 180 days for the transfer but sadly in my case no response from them regarding the same. Only verbal assurances and asking to wait for 180 days as per the agreement. Will update after 180 days have passed. If others are also in the same boat please share your experience.

Last edited by murlidar : 21st November 2023 at 16:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks