Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 16:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Best Maruti service station in Chennai.

Hi All,
Has anyone tried Vishnu Cars in Pallavaram (heard it is somewhere near Laksmi theater)? There were a few ads of Vishnu cars' service in Tambaram talk so I am guessing that they have started servicing while their showroom in chromepet is under construction. It will be helpful if someone could give a feedback about their service.
Old 11th April 2011, 18:41   #62
BHPian

^^^ It is the other way around. They opened the service center in Pallavaram first and sold a few cars from there. My dad got his new Wagon R from Vishnu Motors from their Pallavaram workshop, which is pretty big and neat. They also have a workshop in Mylapore for the fast few years.

Though not sure about their work, their customer service is very good. Dad envinced interest in a Wagon R at 6:30 PM, the service guy came to our home at 9:30 PM, got the car registered and delivered on the next day. Cash discount of Rs. 10k, reebok t-shirt+ shoes, car cover, steering wheel cover, art leather seat covers, mats, Wurths underchasis painting. From our experience with them, they are hell bent on attracting more customers for them and they try will go the extra mile in servicing.

However, from our experience with ABT and Autotech (Chromepet), MSM Guindy has been the best so far.
Old 11th April 2011, 21:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

^^
I heard this one as well as the Harsha Toyota place near Kathipara belong to Venkaiah Naidu family?

Had a bad experience with MSM yesterday. I took the car for a wash at 7.00 AM. The guy who took the car to the wash bay almost got the right rear wheel in to the centre pit of the bay. The wheel had mounted the rail at the edge of the pit when I shouted and made him stop and reverse the car. I blasted him, made him get down and told another fellow to move the car. Beware of idiot novice drivers at MSM.

Last edited by Gansan : 11th April 2011 at 22:00.
Old 12th April 2011, 09:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
However, from our experience with ABT and Autotech (Chromepet), MSM Guindy has been the best so far.
Thanks for the info. I have been getting my car serviced from MSM till now and I am happy with their service. As I am staying in Tambaram and hence I am thinking of trying something nearer to home.
Where is Autotech in chromepet? I am not able to find their name in the Maruti site, is it a new one? It will be lot easier for me if there is a service station in chromepet as my place is Tambaram sanatorium!

Last edited by pacman2881 : 12th April 2011 at 09:20.
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

I service my Swift at ABT Guindy. Very courteous staff and very prompt in delivery with free pick up for lady customers facility. Even their waiting lounge is good; airconditioned, telly and a PC with free browsing.
Old 24th April 2011, 18:55   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Thanks for the info. I have been getting my car serviced from MSM till now and I am happy with their service. As I am staying in Tambaram and hence I am thinking of trying something nearer to home.
Where is Autotech in chromepet? I am not able to find their name in the Maruti site, is it a new one? It will be lot easier for me if there is a service station in chromepet as my place is Tambaram sanatorium!
Apologies for the late reply. Autotech is near Hotchips between Chromepet and Sanatorium. It is ok for regular oil change kind of service but not for sorting any issues. My dad had an issue with the Gear (1st and 2nd were not engaging) on his Swift LDI and they couldn't fix the problem after several tries & cost. MSM identified the issue and fixed it in no time.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 21:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

@pacman
How about Jo's Mass at Tambaram? Have you tried it?
Old 24th April 2011, 21:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

@ n_aditya

I recommend Maruti Service Masters. My situation was the same as yours. I have recently relocated to Chennai from Kolkata and was looking for a good maruti service station for my SWIFT.
I tried ABT at Guindy which was not up to my satisfaction for the simple reason that they take in too many vehicles and make a mess of things. Also their billing is very slow and diagnostic ability poor.
Cars India workshop at Adyar is so-so. Not very strong when it comes to electricals.

Finally i tried MSM at Guindy.
Very professional, honours time commitments and most importantly diagnoses the root cause first and eliminates the problem rather than mindlessly changing components and charging you for it.
Convenient timings : they open at 730am in the morning and even have late night shifts. They work on Sundays and their on-road service actually works.

Directions: if you are coming from Chennai airport side take the Kathipara flyover (the big clover-leaf flyover) towards where its marked Vadapalani. As you descend the flyover, stick to your left and take the road beside OLYMPIA IT TECH PARK (its a big brown colored building). Go down 200 metres then take the 2nd right - its very well marked by signboards, so you will not have any problems locating it.

The phone numbers are:
24 hrs breakdown: 0-9176614000
Senior Service Advisor Arul : 0-9176600814
Asst Service Advisor Suresh : 0-9176611705
Landline : 4344-3853

All the best!
Old 30th April 2011, 18:47   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Apologies for the late reply. Autotech is near Hotchips between Chromepet and Sanatorium. It is ok for regular oil change kind of service but not for sorting any issues. My dad had an issue with the Gear (1st and 2nd were not engaging) on his Swift LDI and they couldn't fix the problem after several tries & cost. MSM identified the issue and fixed it in no time.
Thanks for providing the location. Having a service station nearby helps when we want a regular check up before a long drive etc and I guess they should be able to help. It will be too much to expect MSM type service in the neighborhood anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
@pacman
How about Jo's Mass at Tambaram? Have you tried it?
No I am not aware of one such service station. Can you tell me where is this service station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I service my Swift at ABT Guindy. Very courteous staff and very prompt in delivery with free pick up for lady customers facility. Even their waiting lounge is good; airconditioned, telly and a PC with free browsing.
I had good experience with ABT Guindy but I felt they were costly compared to MSM.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 30th April 2011 at 18:58.
Old 30th April 2011, 20:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
No I am not aware of one such service station. Can you tell me where is this service station?
I think it is on the GST Road at Irumbuliyur. It will be to your left as you approach Tambaram from the Irumbuliyur bridge, after you cross the marriage hall. Try for small jobs first.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2011, 20:37   #71
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Finally i tried MSM at Guindy. Very professional, honours time commitments
Agreed. My previous vehicle MS Versa had gone twice to Maruti Service Masters, Thiru Vi Ka Industrial Estate, Ekkaduthangal, near Eveready, and had wonderful experience.

Old 1st May 2011, 07:33   #72
Senior - BHPian

My Alto has never been serviced anywhere other than MSM, though I took delivery from ABT. Very professional in diagnostic ability and do not indulge in unnecessary billing. But I am yet to do my first paid service, so the billing part will be confirmed afterward!

But IMO the attention to detail (small but significant things) is missing. So please do not simply sit in the AC lounge throughout the service but keep a tab on what is going on.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:59   #73
BHPian

I tried reaching on all numbers on the previous post, but no one seems to be answering. Either they are too busy doing a great job on all cars or just dont care about incoming customer calls.

Anyways i just wanted to know whether they have an accessory shop in them where i can get an ALTO rear view mirror which is an adjustable type.

The internal mirror is broken, but the outer cowl is intact, wonder whether i can get only the sub-mirror.

Any idea how much they should charge me for fixing a boot opener.
Old 5th August 2011, 13:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

^^Call them on 9176600843 which is their MGA dept number. Last I checked they had the IRVM assembly, but no idea whether a part of it can be purchased.

AFAIK they won't fit a boot opener.
Old 5th August 2011, 15:26   #75
BHPian

Thanks for that number.
anyways they gave me another number for spare part section (9176600866)
The guy i spoke to took time to understand what kind of mirror i asked, but finally he narrowed on the one i am looking for and quote Rs. 600 for the same.
Plus fitting charges

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks