Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 21:51   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Maruti service station in Chennai.

Took delivery of the car this evening. Car seems to be quite OK. Did not notice any issues while driving back home. Will know for sure when I take it to Pondy and beyond in a couple of weeks. They have promised that issues if any, that come to light in the coming days, will be attended pronto.

The following parts have been replaced; Complete front lower cross member, Hood lock brace, and full front bumper/bumper cover/bumper grille/bumper grille garnish/chrome emblem. There was a dent in the lower arm mounting, which has been straightened out with a puller. A coat of anti-rust paint applied on this spot as well as the sump, which had minor scratches. Cost of repairs; parts Rs 3585.29, labour Rs 4440.99, Total Rs 8026.00. Completely covered under cashless Maruti insurance under MSM's platinum scheme, I did not pay even a rupee. I will go there on Sunday to renew the insurance, when they will make good the loss of my NCB amount of Rs 1260.00, which the errant SA will bear.

They say there are no issues with any other steering/suspension parts, so none have been replaced. I made them check the alignment in my presence before taking the car out. The side slip/suspension/brake test that was promised could not be done as the machine was out of order, and parts awaited from Bangalore! Will go back for it in a few days, just in case!

They have straightened out and fixed the damaged number plate, which I did not like. They have promised to procure one for me from outside.

Last edited by Gansan : 16th May 2012 at 21:54.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 11:59   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Took delivery of the car this evening. Car seems to be quite OK. Did not notice any issues while driving back home. Will know for sure when I take it to Pondy and beyond in a couple of weeks. They have promised that issues if any, that come to light in the coming days, will be attended pronto.

The following parts have been replaced; Complete front lower cross member, Hood lock brace, and full front bumper/bumper cover/bumper grille/bumper grille garnish/chrome emblem. There was a dent in the lower arm mounting, which has been straightened out with a puller. A coat of anti-rust paint applied on this spot as well as the sump, which had minor scratches. Cost of repairs; parts Rs 3585.29, labour Rs 4440.99, Total Rs 8026.00. Completely covered under cashless Maruti insurance under MSM's platinum scheme, I did not pay even a rupee. I will go there on Sunday to renew the insurance, when they will make good the loss of my NCB amount of Rs 1260.00, which the errant SA will bear.

They say there are no issues with any other steering/suspension parts, so none have been replaced. I made them check the alignment in my presence before taking the car out. The side slip/suspension/brake test that was promised could not be done as the machine was out of order, and parts awaited from Bangalore! Will go back for it in a few days, just in case!

They have straightened out and fixed the damaged number plate, which I did not like. They have promised to procure one for me from outside.
So you have pronounced your verdict now after having the pudding and it doesnt seem all that bad. Keep an eye for any symptoms that may arise over a period of time. Like you said, a long drive will certainly bring out any issues if at all.
Old 21st May 2012, 12:25   #123
Senior - BHPian

^^ I filled up petrol and did my patent mileage test last evening on the Tambaram - Maruravoyal toll road. I looked pretty attentively for issues but could not notice any. Car behaves and handles pretty predictably and goes straight when I remove may hands briefly from the steering wheel. I would say but for the new bumper, had the entire episode taken place without my knowledge, I would be none the wiser.
Old 14th June 2012, 08:10   #124
Senior - BHPian

My blue zdi is due for first service tomorrow. The dealer from which i got service "Vishnucars" is pestering me to leave the car for service to them . I am preferring MSM after reading the reports there.

But i would like them to do a few more additional jobs for me.

I have got a aftermarket bumper protectors and reverse parking sendors for the car which i would like to paint and install them in my car. Will they do such a thing for a non MGA product?

Can you guys give me the contact number of someone in MSM whom i can talk to and take the car?
Old 14th June 2012, 10:11   #125
Senior - BHPian

^^I doubt it. Anyway call SA Mr.Dharmendra on 9176600809 and check.
Old 10th July 2013, 17:57   #126

Hi..

I live in Besant Nagar, Chennai. My Swift ZXi seems to have some wheel bearing problem. Want to get it checked and replaced. Can you pl recommend a service center?

Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 19:43   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaksboss View Post
Hi..

I live in Besant Nagar, Chennai. My Swift ZXi seems to have some wheel bearing problem. Want to get it checked and replaced. Can you pl recommend a service center?

Thanks
Would recommend Maruti Service Masters at Guindy.
Where have you been servicing all this time?
Are you not happy with them?
In case of complicated problems, MSM would be the right choice even if you have to make some efforts to reach them.
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 13:35   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Would recommend Maruti Service Masters at Guindy.
Where have you been servicing all this time?
Are you not happy with them?
In case of complicated problems, MSM would be the right choice even if you have to make some efforts to reach them.
I am based out of Bangalore. I need to drive back this weekend and the wheel bearing trouble occurred. Thanks. I will go to MSM.
Old 28th July 2013, 10:29   #129
BHPian

Quote:
I am based out of Bangalore. I need to drive back this weekend and the wheel bearing trouble occurred. Thanks. I will go to MSM.
What is the outcome of your visit?
Your experience will help others, so please share if you don't mind.
Old 8th August 2013, 20:35   #130

Hello all..

Sorry for the delay in updating.

I called MSM and asked them to send a driver to take my car to the service center. The driver was at my place at the committed time. 2 hours after the driver took the car, the service assistant called me a heard my complaints and gave me an estimate for the job. I went the next day to collect the car and the bill didn't shock me :-)

The bill value was very close to the estimate given and issues fixed as committed.

Overall a very satisfying experience. I believe Maruti runs only MSMs across India. Wonder what their plans are for Bangalore..

Thanks for referring MSM.
shaksboss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 08:16   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe Maruti runs only MSMs across India.
I don't think so. They have service centres only in the NCR and Chennai as of now, if I remember correctly.
Old 31st December 2013, 10:29   #132
Senior - BHPian

So far, not totally happy. They claimed to open at 7 but the car went into wash only at 830. So much for missing my cycle ride to land here at 7:10 am. Even the sa came at 725. Further, you cannot properly see the service floor.

Thankfully, the staff seem competent. Let's see how it pans out.
Old 31st December 2013, 10:38   #133
Senior - BHPian

Are you there now? If any problem, call Mr.Dharmendra (9176600809) or Mr.Babu (9176600829), say that Ganesan (owner of blue Alto no.8006) referred you and tell them the issue. It will be sorted out.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 22:21   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Are you there now? If any problem, call Mr.Dharmendra (9176600809) or Mr.Babu (9176600829), say that Ganesan (owner of blue Alto no.8006) referred you and tell them the issue. It will be sorted out.
Hi,

I elected not to do much - but I am terribly disappointed. I had two issues, one medium one major:
a. I prefer to be consulted and hands on when something is done with the car. Despite my clear request, my car was put about 6 cars away - the rationale was that the front bays are Express Service bays. On top of it the shoddy design - the customer lounge oversee the AGM-Service cabin which oversees the actual service area.

This was not really an issue since in the end they did a decent job.

b. I had specifically asked that since its a 110k service, I wanted to do three things:
- Replacement of the alternator (?) belt.
- Cleaning of the EGR.
- Changing engine mounting since there was a low but distinct vibration at idle that went away while driving.

Most of this was primarily preventive maintenance in nature however despite my urging, supposedly the SA/mechanic could not find fault, and said, not now.

Because of this, I took the pain of reaching at 7:10 am (the car went into washing only around 8:30). Now they gave me the car at noon, but basically like any overloaded MASS, they were not interested in the above heavy work, limited value jobs.

Now I didn't fight further over this simply because some other work came up later for that evening and I had no energy to spend half an hour fighting with the service staff and wait another 5-6 hours. I have written an email to them. Let's see if the email works.

Other than that, things were reasonable, they didnt try and sell any random engine decarbonization, suspension change (surprising considering the miles/roads the car has seen!), engine additive, or any other low time involvement high billing job (as many MASS often do). The SA John was earnest but earnest behavior doesn't improve my car's reliability, no?
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:27   #135
Senior - BHPian

^^ I generally avoid John. Dharmendra/Babu/Arul are the guys you want. If you go next time, call them beforehand and fix up an appointment. Even if they are busy and assign your car to a junior SA, they will keep tabs on what is going on for your car and take responsibility. The technical teams inside the workshop are generally very competent. Besides, since Suzuki is directly involved, the culture will be different from other MASS and all spares will be mostly available off the shelf.

We can choose our SAs but not the technical team. That will be potluck. But generally all the teams have competent leaders. Even choosing the SA is possible only if you call one in advance, not otherwise.

I always take the day off when I go there for service. Due to my low usage it is just once or twice a year. Despite their protests, you can go inside briefly from time to time and watch a specific job being carried out on the car. I will always take my own engine oil and hang around to ensure it is done to my satisfaction.

Btw what car did you take there?

Edit: There is a fellow who tries to sell you MGA items like power window, security system, reverse parking aid etc, probably he had taken the day off when you went!

Last edited by Gansan : 3rd January 2014 at 13:30.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks