Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 17:19   #76
BHPian

Dippy

Thats terrible and we know how you must be feeling.

There are two major concerns

1) If it was involved in a Hit and Run case - please try to enquire with the local police stations. i think you already have a written acknowledgement from Honda that its their doing and its done at their premises - but better to be safe than sorry.

2) Even if repaired, will it be safe enough to drive around in the car. Has the structural integrity been compromised? If yes, you should consider bargaining for a trade-in.

3) Somebody rightly suggested that t-bhp members getting their cars serviced from linkway specifically bring up this topic when they visit them - that way Dippy might not be taken for granted - I am sure linkway knows that tbhp is a living breathing community.

Whats up with Honda these days? They seem to hit the tbhp headlines all too often.

Dhiman

Last edited by dhiman : 7th October 2008 at 17:20.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:24   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Holy crap! That sucks, man! Fat chance that it's an accident within their service bay or at a low speed. That smash is worth atleast 50 kph.

My guess is, the accident was caused by a driver unfamiliar with automatic transmissions. Dippy : Here is what you need to do:

1. Document EVERYTHING. Their acceptance of blame, apology, description of accident & parts replacement.

2. If I were you, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a full blown paint job. 35% of your car is going to be repainted due to their negligence. As it is, metallic paints aren't the easiest to match.

3. All damaged body panels MUST be replaced. No repairing work here.

4. The rest, I will speak to you only after. Because of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
If at all you do want to fight do so only after you have the car back in your hands duly repaired else they may just shove that clause n your face and say get your insurance to pay for it.
Good tip. Get the car repaired @ their cost (and not your insurance). We will speak about the rest later.

Quote:
Am sure you must have read the clause on your slip which says "Cars driven and parked at owners risk".
That doesn't account for peanuts. Just because they include a standard warning doesn't take them off the hook of liability.
Old 7th October 2008, 19:14   #78
Senior - BHPian

scary incident man - I can feel your pain. As someone else mentioned, Linkway also needs to make up for any potential loss because of this accident during resale. Although that will be hard to quantify.
Old 7th October 2008, 19:50   #79
BHPian

Speak to your insuarance company. If it is not being covered by insurance, I doubt they will put brand new parts in the car. They might just do a shabby job. If they are getting paid for it, they will put in a better effort. Work with the dealer and the insurance co. together to avail the no claim bonus or take that no clam bonus amount from the dealer.

If you leave it with the dealer, no way will he put new stuff for free even if he himself damaged it. Go through the proper course. Important parts in your car have been damaged and the old replacement that he puts will not be as reliable or long lasting as they should be.
Old 7th October 2008, 19:58   #80
Team-BHP Support

Holy Cow, just saw this. I can imagine how much this will hurt. I hope you can make them pay fully for these damages.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:25   #81
BHPian

Dippy, you should take legal action after you get your vehicle back, in case even a tiny bolt is not fixed to your liking. High time consumers started to take action against companies in a situation like this.

That said, if the dealer is behaving himself and is giving you the extra attention he now must, you might want to think twice about it.
Old 7th October 2008, 21:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Definetly a hit to a 'goods carrier' of any sort - Tempo to a truck(with a rear crash bar)

1) The point of impact (Thick LINES) indicated below is clearly only around the 3 feet mark from ground level and starts from the Tip of the bonnet and extends till mid way. Clearly a Overtaking/Underbraking accident and ramming the left side of the car head on into the rear of a crude metal (non-plastic ended) vehicle.

2) No scratch marks below the point of impact further adds fuel to above theory!!

These guys have sure banged the car on the Road at some decent speeds!!
Exactly!! The car was under another vehicle for that kind of a dent to happen. It's exactly what i had noticed in the first picture.

Isn't it possible to register an FIR with the local police? So that you will have solid proof with you that the accident didn't happen when you were driving. Just to avoid any complications in the future if any arise, if any other third party was involved. And FIR doesn't mean registering a case since the parties involved (linkway & you) have agreed to settle out of court.
Old 7th October 2008, 21:47   #83
Team-BHP Support

Dippy i went through the pic again, this is not an rear end impact with a car (The LT side fender corner and bonnet LT scars are a give away). Its more like a the car went under the rear over hang of a bus/truck OR they hit a parking pole like object (less likely). You can always ask them to introduce you to accord owner to confirm the story.

If its a truck or bus very less chance of someone filing a complaint and most probably the dealer would have taken care of this aspect before giving you the story.

Whatever it is they should tell you the truth atleast.
Old 7th October 2008, 21:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Just Saw this. I fully agree with everyone here, its not what they are claiming, its something else.

Hope you get your car in perfect shape. You take care of your car to the fullest,give it to servicing and these Bang it up. Not fair, I hope they have taken some action against the guy driving your car.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:13   #85
Senior - BHPian

This for sure is a crash with a tall vehicle.

with both the inputs from Jaggu but you still need to be sure about the hit and run case. They could have convinced the accord guy to give you a false story(very unlikely that he would have agreed) but i guess its a better idea to findout who he is and speak to him directly.

Once the repair/replacement work is done you should speak to them about compensation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Dippy i went through the pic again, this is not an rear end impact with a car (The LT side fender corner and bonnet LT scars are a give away). Its more like a the car went under the rear over hang of a bus/truck OR they hit a parking pole like object (less likely). You can always ask them to introduce you to accord owner to confirm the story.

If its a truck or bus very less chance of someone filing a complaint and most probably the dealer would have taken care of this aspect before giving you the story.

Whatever it is they should tell you the truth atleast.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:16   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I get a reply that when the car was being taken for washing from the service bay, the driver hit the accelarator instead of the brake. I got a feeling of what had happened and rushed to the service station.
Jeez Dippy, this is real sad. I hope it all gets repaired well.

I also surprised that a bang of this level could have happened in the service station, the driver must have been driving real fast, could it be that this happened outside and Linkways is just making up a story ?

Also don't forget to get this written on one of their letterheads and signed and stamped by them.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:26   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Dippy i went through the pic again, this is not an rear end impact with a car (The LT side fender corner and bonnet LT scars are a give away). Its more like a the car went under the rear over hang of a bus/truck
Yup Dippy I totally agree with Jaggu, they are hiding something, this kind of damage on the bonnet can't occur with a rear bang into another car. It looks like a rear bang into a bus or a truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-cardamage.jpg  

Old 8th October 2008, 03:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

Dipz,
Firstly my condolences for the plight of your dear Honda.
Having said this let come to what steps you should take.

# As GTO said, do not let your insurance pay for it. Why? Coz you will loose your no claim bonus. Refuse outright. They will have top bear the entire cost.
Also get all the points documented and signed by them.

# Insist on a replacement job. The bonnet, fenders, bumpers etc may be repaired and passed on to you. Insist on an all parts replacement job no repairs here.

It happened at Ratan Motors with my Versa. Not as bad but the rear slidind door was damaged. I get a call to inform mer and am told that it will not cost me anything as i had insurance.
I told them off and refused to let my insurance take care of it.

Then i was surprised to get a call from some guy who pleaded with me to let the cost be taken care of my insurance as he was a poor guy and the company would charge him the amount. I asked him to never call me again or I would complain to the owner.

The car was promptly delivered to me with all taken care of.

All the best.
Old 8th October 2008, 09:17   #89
Team-BHP Support

Now what happens when the truck driver decides to sue the owner of the Honda City that rammed him!!

You need to get the truth out and absolve yourself from this liability! Who knows, there might be an FIR filed on your car!
Old 8th October 2008, 10:42   #90
vij
BHPian

That bonnet is twisted . Looks like rear ending a much taller vehicle has wringed it. Its so unlikely that rear ending an accord inside the service center could do this. But accidents sometimes do give inexplicable denting.
If its a truck, it(truck) wouldnt have suffered much... unlikely that FIR would have been filed but you never know. I have a feeling Linkway would have already resolved the matter if there was such a case.

Last edited by vij : 8th October 2008 at 10:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks