Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 18:03   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

^^ Nexa is upmarket Maruti, so expect upmarket rates.

Previously all Nexa models were being serviced only at Nexa. But some months back I saw my Maruti A.S.S (MSM, Chennai) had started servicing Nexa models too. Next time choose a Maruti workshop for service in your city and compare the rates.

Considering my Alto incurs an average expense of around Rs 4.5 - 7k for it's annual service, I would say the rate you paid is not very high.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 18:28   #827
BHPian

Parts and Labor rates have gone up over the years. In the mid 90s our humble M800 required on an average 1500 per 5000 kms service at the dealer. Parts quality was so bad that window regulators suspension bushes, exhaust muffler, etc we're replaced at least every 25000 kms or so.
But taking into consideration inflation over 20 years the current charges seem reasonable. Also quality of parts have improved significantly.

My Baleno 1.2 has not exceeded 7000 rs till date even after crossing 80000 kms (8 paid services so far). Service bill usually for 10,30,50,70 k has been around 3.5k and 20,40,60,80 has been around 5.5 k.
I had the brake pads replaced at FNG once, apart from this no major parts replaced yet out of warranty.

Clutch was replaced under warranty at 70k, because of hard action. It wasn't a demanded repair.

All the scheduled service was done at Sai Service Edapally. These guys have taken good care of the car so far.
sureshkishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 08:32   #828
BHPian

Guys, how do the attached charges look ?

Ciaz - Diesel - 60K servicing.

Specially, labor charges - I know it varies as per City tier, but is it the same in all Arena service centers in Delhi/NCR ?
I have been trying to find an artifact supporting this charge ... any one has a photo/screenshot ?

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-20210724-08.28.01.jpg

Last edited by ptaneja : 24th July 2021 at 08:33.
Old 22nd August 2021, 15:59   #829
BHPian

Dear BHPians - Need some help here. Yesterday, I went to MSSD - Naraina for my Brezza 70,000 service. Advisor told me it will be 1000 bucks for brake cleaning. I told him that isn't this part of normal servicing cost which they charge ? He said "Brakes are not considered as part of routine inspection" What ???

Would appreciate if anyone could share some insights on this, as I would be visiting the service center next week for the steering column assembly change under warranty. Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd August 2021 at 18:44. Reason: Typos
Old 22nd August 2021, 17:14   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Would appreciate if anyone could share some insights on this, as i would be visiting the service center next week for the steering column assembly change under warranty. Thanks
Brake inspection and cleaning is included under PMS labour charges. They are not supposed to charge you extra. Just tell the dealer you will escalate it to Maruti
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 18:48   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Ciaz - Diesel - 60K servicing.
Couple of things you might want to check with them.
1. What injector cleaning did they undertake, which costs 1.5K INR?
2. Ensure that it is reflected as injector cleaning in the dealer/maruti systems as the last thing you want is for your injectors to have a problem and then their systems to say that they never did clean your injectors
3. What is a "service kit" that costs 1.5K INR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Advisor told me it will be 1000 bucks for break cleaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Brake inspection and cleaning is included under PMS labour charges.
Oh wow, this seems to be a new low. I knew they used to charge separately for caliper pin greasing, now this is even better. Will need to keep an eye on all these shananigans.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 18:54   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
3. What is a "service kit" that costs 1.5K INR?

Consists of air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, drain plug and washers etc. Spark plugs too in case of petrols. These kits work out cheaper than buying those things individually.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 01:03   #833
BHPian

Maruti Ciaz owner pays Rs 10,800 labour charge for 60,000 kms service

Hi All

I was browsing the internet when a particular article caught my attention.
Maruti Ciaz owner Pays Rs10800 labour Charge for 60000 service This was an article that I had read on Carblog india.com. I searched the teambhp forum and could not find any information about this on our site.
Here is the information which was posted on that site though which we can discuss and understand what should be done if one of our friends are charged like this.

Request Moderators to move the thread to the appropriate section if required.

Here are the excerpts from What I read on the website:
Problem:
In a shocking incident, a Maruti Ciaz owner has paid almost Rs 10,800 in labour charges after getting the service of his car done. This is one of the most surprising aspects of the service of a Maruti product. Maruti has always been known for low maintenance and service costs. That is true but the labour charges are exorbitantly high. The Ciaz owner shares the bill of service on a Facebook page along with the details. Ciaz is a sedan with not so expensive spare parts but the total amount that the owner paid was still Rs 19,479 which is a lot even though the service was after 60,000 km. The guy is concerned and is asking for advice from other Ciaz owners if it is a good idea to go for the service outside the official service centre of the dealership.

Almost all car owners are fed up with the extremely high labour charges for the service of their cars. This is irrespective of the brand you own. No carmaker can keep these costs in check and people often end up debating if they should do their car service at a reputed mechanic workshop instead. The answer is not quite simple. People are afraid of the local mechanics not being expert enough in handling the modern features and components in a car. The mechanics at the official service centre are well-versed with the drill every day. To trust your local mechanic to do the job is a bit dangerous. This is not to say that he/she can’t do it, it’s just that you can’t be sure. Also, with the official service centre, you can hold them responsible for anything wrong done to your car and there is a proper way of intimating the higher officials if something goes wrong. This is not possible at a local workshop.

Suggestion by the website:
On the contrary, the labour charges for just about everything seems so high at the official service centres that it becomes a very expensive affair after a few services. On top of that, if the prices of spare parts of your car are also high, then people don’t buy such vehicles at all because the overall cost of ownership becomes too high. We would suggest that there are certain things that one can avoid doing at the official service centre like washing, wheel-related services, etc. These don’t require a high level of expertise and could be carried out by any mechanic at much lower costs. We hope that you don’t have to pay so high labour charges for your next service like this Ciaz owner.

Here is the source of the article:
https://www.carblogindia.com/maruti-...00-km-service/

Request inputs from other on sharing their opinions on what they would do if they face a similar kind of issue.

Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Attached Images

sushil_n79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 07:51   #834
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz owner pays Rs 10,800 labour charge for 60,000 kms service

Dealer's workshops are the culprits. Their service costs are ridiculous and their bills defy reality IMO

But Maruti also has the benefit of Maruti Authorised Service Centers which aren't dealer owned and can now service (Maruti is now allowing Nexa cars to be serviced by Maruti authorised service stations) NEXA cars.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd September 2021 at 21:27. Reason: As requested
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:00   #835
Senior - BHPian

The car would have been dropped off at 0800 and picked up at 1600. A total of 8 hrs of work done. Rs. 1350/hr for a company trained and supported mechanic does not seem like too much.

The solution is to reduce the number of hours it takes to service. Change your oil, brake pads, etc by yourselves. Washing is anyway not done at ASS. Just take it in for major works which would be done in say 2 Hrs. Total service labour will be Rs. 2700/- everyone is happy.
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:25   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
…..Change your oil, brake pads, etc by yourselves. Washing is anyway not done at ASS. Just take it in for major works which would be done in say 2 Hrs. Total service labour will be Rs. 2700/- everyone is happy.
If your car is still under warranty and if you do on your own and did not opt for oil change or spark plug for example, during the service. Maruti service centre mark in the job sheet / bill that the customer did not opt for it.

They can deny warranty on product failure stating that the service was not performed as per Maruti recommendation.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 22:59   #837
BHPian

Got my 2020 Swift VXi AMT's 20,000 kms paid service done today. Servo 5W-30 engine oil was filled, oil filter changed, spark plugs checked, brake pads checked and cleaned, mud flaps tightened, Servo coolant and battery water topped up followed by a wash. I paid Rs. 5100, which included approximately, Rs.2100 of labour and Rs.3000 worth of consumables and parts.
Old 31st December 2021, 11:38   #838
anb
BHPian

Yesterday, My cousin did 6 year service of Alto 800 CC LXI (24k run) from Popular Vehicles, Vazhimukku, Balaramapuram. The bill was Rs.5449, slightly on the expensive side for a cheap vehicle like Alto. They even managed to change 4 spark plugs of 3 cylinder 800cc engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-suzuki.jpg  

anb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:01   #839
BHPian

I just went in to drop our Ignis for its 40000/4 years service in Nexa, Kollam, Kerala. The vehicle has run 20000 kms so far. Yet they insisted me to go with the 40000 service and I was given a shocking estimate of Rs. 8000+. The service advisor claimed that it's a 'Major Service'.
I confirmed the parts they were going to change and it was just the regular fluids, filters and 4 spark plugs. The service cost estimator tool from Suzuki gave me an estimate of some 4.5k. I saw a similar estimate on the tablet with them as well.
Yet, they were claiming that with taxes and labour charges it would come to 6-7k if i opt out of spark plug change.
They also showed me the AMC package which costs some 9.5k which covers 2 periodic services including wheel balancing/allignment.
I opted for the AMC since it made more sense for pay the 9.5k for 2 services.
It's hard to swallow the fact that a small car like Ignis costs 8k for a normal periodic service these days and there is literally no point in choosing Suzuki over other brands like Hyundai for the sake of affordable maintenance.
Suzuki parts are cheap. That's true. But they add miscellaneous charges here and there and inflate the final amount. As many have pointed out here, labour charges end up being more than those for parts. This was an eye opener for me.
Old 3rd January 2022, 17:37   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Got my 2020 Swift VXi AMT's 20,000 kms paid service done today. Servo 5W-30 engine oil was filled, …...............
AFAIK, Swift 1.2 K Series needs a 0w20 grade oil. 5w30 was for the last batch of MJDs only. (from Baleno onwards)

This is one huge blunder many MASS do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
They even managed to change 4 spark plugs of 3 cylinder 800cc engine.
Ridiculous! No wonder they are scared of dashcams.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks