Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2018, 18:38   #751
BHPian

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

It is indeed in my case too. Affirming that it is no longer cheap. Paint and Denting charges for a Dog attack on my car (story here) is astronomical.

They charged me Rs.300 which is Overnight Parking charge under the guise of Outside Labor. Not sure what outside expert help they required for fitting bumper and side panel of my car after painting. I am not a happy customer this time.

Bill for your kind reference.

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20181120_182619.jpg
Old 8th March 2019, 10:09   #752
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Our first gen Maruti Swift Dzire, Dizzy® has completed 10 full years of trouble free running and maintaining the car has been quite painless. When it comes to paperwork, I'm usually meticulous and keep all the records of the car safely in folders (blame my old-school ways!).
Recently, I found that the printed matter on some of the service bills had started to fade, so used some free time on a weekend to digitize the service records. Unlike the Waggy®, our 2016 WagonR, I did not get to writing down an ownership thread for the Dzire, so let me just share the service summary of the car.

I sold my previous car in Dec 2008 and waited for almost 2 months after booking the Dzire (I specifically waited for the new year model to come out after the annual Maruti factory shutdown ritual). The car is a Mid-Jan 2009 manufactured model that I took delivery of in the last week of Jan 2009.

I haven't babied the car nor restricted the usage to good roads alone, nor pampered it (not even mid-year early engine oil changes with < 10k Km on Odo after previous service). It's mostly just having had the annual services done as per the maintenance schedule and it has been a true workhorse. Of course, during the services over the years, I also learnt how to be more diligent in checking what is being billed for and obviously there were some items as you can see that may not have been required or charged for additionally (AC top up, throttle body cleaning, caliper pin greasing, premature replacement of brake pads and the like - thanks to this forum, I've learnt a lot on identifying such stuff over the years).

Without further ado, here are the details of each service carried out:

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-1.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-2.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-3.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-4.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-5.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-6.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-7.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-8.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-9.png

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-year-10.png

TOTAL Maintenance Expense : Rs.71794

I will leave it to you to conclude if the Maruti service has been cheap or expensive

Last edited by NPV : 8th March 2019 at 10:17.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 10:15   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
so used some free time on a weekend to digitize the service records.
If you have got the service done only at Dealer workshops as I see in your post, you can ask your SA to email you a PDF right from the first service all the way till the last one.

Regarding your brake pad wear, didn't you get any hints at all that their performance was fading that it had worn to an extent that it started to make such noises? A grinding noise, especially while reversing is the first hint, followed by similar grinding noise in forward motion too but only in the last split second while coming to a complete halt when you press the brakes.

Glad that your discs didn't get affected due to the worn out brake pads.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 11:19   #754
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If you have got the service done only at Dealer workshops as I see in your post, you can ask your SA to email you a PDF right from the first service all the way till the last one.
Thanks Parag, will get this from the SA for my records

Quote:
Regarding your brake pad wear, didn't you get any hints at all that their performance was fading that it had worn to an extent that it started to make such noises? A grinding noise, especially while reversing is the first hint, followed by similar grinding noise in forward motion too but only in the last split second while coming to a complete halt when you press the brakes.
During the last service, on inspecting the brake pads the service personnel felt it had about 5k Km of life, so didn't replace it. My usage over the past few months had come down and then there was a trip to Chennai. On the way back, almost when reaching home, I heard the squeaking sound faintly but it would go away and not return for sometime. Strangely, the sound would never coincide with braking, so I did not suspect the brake pads. A week or so later (had not used the car in between), I drove to the service centre and on the way I heard the sound again. But, just like how sometimes symptoms vanish when a patient visits the doctor, there wasn't any sound during the test drive with the SA, so took a long drive in the bylanes of Koramangala (couldn't do speeds > 40kmph due to nature of roads and traffic) before it surfaced again just when we were almost back at the service centre. Then it got a bit louder and it was a no-brainer Brake Disc wasn't damaged luckily (last Disc set change was at 60k Km), so didn't replace them.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 09:25   #755
BHPian

Just gave my Alto800 for a regular 3rd year service. The running is very less at <10k kms. The service advisor came up with brake cleaning i.e. front and rear brake with caliper greasing, injector cleaning, AC gas, wax polish. Regarding AC he started off with AC performance and switched over to the mould issues in the ducting. Told him to stick to the basic servicing only inclusion of WA/WB. Estimate is 5k, need to check the final bill.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 10:39   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Just gave my Alto800 for a regular 3rd year service. The running is very less at <10k kms. The service advisor came up with brake cleaning i.e. front and rear brake with caliper greasing, injector cleaning, AC gas, wax polish. Regarding AC he started off with AC performance and switched over to the mould issues in the ducting. Told him to stick to the basic servicing only inclusion of WA/WB. Estimate is 5k, need to check the final bill.
Call him and make sure they do the caliper greasing without any additional charges as its part of the paid service.

The advisor was about to fleece you bad in the name of all those additional items which weren't needed at all at just 10k on the odo. Better to avoid this service centre or the particular advisor in question for future services.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 13:40   #757
Senior - BHPian

Just one point. 10K km a year in open roads, or in cities with relatively free moving traffic is one thing. It is totally a different matter if most of that distance is done in stop and go, bumper to bumper traffic. Then it should actually count as closer to 20k km.

BTW I am not defending your MASS.
Old 15th June 2019, 17:39   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
The front calipers were greased but was charged for (2) grease satchets Rs10/- each. Oil, Oil filter were replaced, other fluids topped up, Wheel balancing and alignment done. Total bill 4.8k.
No where in the service center could I find the labour charges, the boards displaying this information was wiped clean. So much for transparency. Message, just stick to the service manual.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 13:19   #759
BHPian

So I had gotten my Swift serviced last week from a Maruti service centre. It was just a routine service and everything was up to my satisfaction except washing.

Yesterday afternoon, I got a feedback call enquiring if I am satisfied in all the areas like quality of work done, interaction with the advisors, waiting time at the workshop and quality of washing etc.

I told her that after washing, they had applied the plastic shiner way too much and as a result, the surrounding areas including glasses had marks all over.

The lady asked me to bring the vehicle again but I told her its okay and not a big deal and overall I am satisfied. She thanked me and we cut the phone.

This morning, unexpectedly, I got this free car wash coupon hand delivered at my home.

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20190704_130138.jpg

Small gestures like this really counts and certainly make me wanna stick with this service centre and Maruti in particular because I know my feedback matters. So kudos to Maruti and KP Automotives for that.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 14:29   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post

Small gestures like this really counts and certainly make me wanna stick with this service centre and Maruti in particular because I know my feedback matters. So kudos to Maruti and KP Automotives for that.
Most companies are happy to hand over these coupons even at the slightest of complaints. I have received them from Ford and Maruti thanks to some greasy stains.
But why can't they get it right the first time around and where is the supervision? I have never utilised these coupons as getting to Service center and wasting another 1 or 2 hour is a bigger pain.
Old 5th July 2019, 14:45   #761
BHPian

Quote:
But why can't they get it right the first time around and where is the supervision? I have never utilised these coupons as getting to Service center and wasting another 1 or 2 hour is a bigger pain.
Yes, washing quality in authorized service centers are never that great. For me, they are best suited for under body wash and interior vacuuming.
Old 22nd July 2019, 10:36   #762
BHPian

Gave my 2 year old WagonR Vxi AMT for 24 month service. The service estimate is Rs.5,200. This after sticking to only work suggested in user manual. The run in mileage is 8200 kms. Opted for regular (mineral) oil.

As usual, the service advisor tried to include and sell a multitude of services.

Service Centre : Pratham Motors, Rajajinagar
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-inkedimg_20190722_095146490_li.jpg  

Last edited by dish : 22nd July 2019 at 10:37. Reason: Update info
dish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 12:38   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Gave my 2 year old WagonR Vxi AMT for 24 month service. The service estimate is Rs.5,200. This after sticking to only work suggested in user manual. The run in mileage is 8200 kms. Opted for regular (mineral) oil.

As usual, the service advisor tried to include and sell a multitude of services.

Service Centre : Pratham Motors, Rajajinagar
How much was the labor in this? Excuse me, not able to read the text in job card.
Old 24th July 2019, 15:31   #764
BHPian

Is this the final invoice? Why is it hand written and not printed? Just curious, can we validate the figures they have written against any chart within Maruti premise?
Old 26th July 2019, 19:22   #765
BHPian

The final Invoice amount was Rs.4280. Out of this labour is Rs.1925

Most Viewed