Meets Expectations 73 38.42%
Below Your Expectations 42 22.11%
Improvement Needed 33 17.37%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 20:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

i get my car serviced at courtesy honda wazirpur, prime honda delhi and vaishali, and ace honda noida. overall i am satisfied. not overly excited or delighted.

at all place the service advisors are a bunch of greedy 'moolah seeking' leeches, only bothered about additives. the moment you say NO VALUE ADD SERVICE OR ADDITIVES and insist on taking a road test, then they understand you're knowledgable, and do everything perfectly.

the road test experts (they're not advisors) are the best in the industry, I've seen hyundai, maruti, and by far the honda tech.experts are the best. quickly diagnose tappet noise, suspension trouble, alignment issues, and hidden impending repair work. and their recommendations are also reasonable. they let you know how good or bad the alignment is, and when one should go for brake pad comprehensive check or not.

my requests are carried out well, after road tests, since they are all technical in nature. (check tak tak noise over small breakers, check rear right door vibration on loud bass music, check seat/seat belt noise on undulating road, etc..). so much better experience than Maruti or Hyundai.

Avg servicing cost - 2300 per service. i've got 2 paid services only till now. 3 free ones costed me net 2000 bucks. that's 5 services in ~7000 bucks! amazing.
Old 20th January 2013, 20:07   #32
BHPian

I have had 2 services from Whitefield Honda in Bangalore for my Honda Jazz. The first one was ok but the second one was returned with a dent which I noticed only a couple of days later!

Later, I had to get one of the side panels fixed because of a scratch and gave it to their body shop and they did a shoddy job and then they returned with another dent! The workshop manager was a real liar and claimed that I put the dent after I took it out of the workshop. However, I could prove it to them from the pictures that were taken that it was indeed put before.

They agree to fix it, but made me write "complimentary" on their internal documents which I did not mind.

I live in Kasturi Nagar area and my car is due for third service. I wonder if I need to take it to them or if there are other alternatives? Let me know your thoughts please. Also, when brake the car, I feel a little "grrr" in the pedal and the brake is not applied properly. Anything specific that I should be worried about?
Old 31st January 2013, 21:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
Also, when brake the car, I feel a little "grrr" in the pedal and the brake is not applied properly. Anything specific that I should be worried about?
areddy, just to understand a little better, do you feal a "grrr", or do you hear it (also)? Did you experience this straight out of the workshop (after service)? or was it after a few months of regular use? I have felt a little 'grabbing' of the brakes, but after the third service it seems to have gone. I think it may have to do with a little air in the system (read air bubbles).

Regards your service center, I wouldn't chance them again.
CowlFlap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 21:31   #34
BHPian

Hi CowlFlap, the gear problem is more of what I feel in the hand rather than something audible. At least this is what it is at this stage. I think my Jazz is long due for a service and I should probably leave it soon.

What do you mean by "grabbing" of the brakes?
Old 6th February 2013, 19:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
areddy, just to understand a little better, do you feal a "grrr", or do you hear it (also)? Did you experience this straight out of the workshop (after service)? or was it after a few months of regular use? I have felt a little 'grabbing' of the brakes, but after the third service it seems to have gone. I think it may have to do with a little air in the system (read air bubbles).

Regards your service center, I wouldn't chance them again.
I should have learnt from mistake. The fact that Whitefield Honda is the closest to my house. I gave in to the temptation of comfort. They chipped the side panel this time. I told them to fix it properly and come back. They asked if they can spray paint that area, and I insisted on a proper job.

More importantly, how can this be happening every single time -

first service - a big dent that I noticed a day after and they refused to do anything
second service - I noticed the dent a hour later and fought with them and they fixed it.
Third service - a chip on the side panel and they tried to argue that it has been there. I promptly showed the slip that they signed before they took the car.

Is there a way to complain to Honda about this bad service! I have a feeling that its a poorly maintained workshop or just "business development" for their body shop!
Old 7th February 2013, 09:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:

I should have learnt from mistake. The fact that Whitefield Honda is the closest to my house. I gave in to the temptation of comfort. They chipped the side panel this time. I told them to fix it properly and come back. They asked if they can spray paint that area, and I insisted on a proper job.

More importantly, how can this be happening every single time -

first service - a big dent that I noticed a day after and they refused to do anything
second service - I noticed the dent a hour later and fought with them and they fixed it.
Third service - a chip on the side panel and they tried to argue that it has been there. I promptly showed the slip that they signed before they took the car.

Is there a way to complain to Honda about this bad service! I have a feeling that its a poorly maintained workshop or just "business development" for their body shop!
Had this experience one time at Whitefield Honda, and they painted it when I visited them the next time.

The space they have is very limited, and literally you get a heart attack when you watch them handling the cars there. I have given feedback numerous times whether they could move the service center to the place where their body shop is at present.
Old 7th February 2013, 10:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Contact Honda on twitter, @HondaCarIndia, tweet photographs also. They respond promptly.
Old 7th February 2013, 20:08   #38
BHPian

Overall average experience with Crystal Honda here in Pune. Purchased my Honda City SMT on March 2012. Have gone through the gamut of the first three free services and the first paid service (for 15,000 kms) this month.
The first experience was by far the most irritating wherein I was not called up by the service centre after my vehicle was picked up. Gave them quite an earful.
The other three services went OK. Cleaning is always an issue. The washing is clearly below par each time and this is with repeated feedback.
Have highlighted this in all the follow up calls that they make post servicing. They are apologetic and post my third service I was even told that they would send someone over to wash my car to my satisfaction but no one showed up.
Overall strictly average.
Was intending to give my car over to Deccan Honda but was put off by a colleauges less than stellar experience service experience with them.
Old 7th February 2013, 20:35   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Can people put out the best service advisors to deal with in their relevant Honda Service Centers in their respective cities? I have noticed that its just one or two guys in each service center who are the real deal - whilst the rest are just bogus.

That would be VERY helpful and that is what folks new to the Honda badge would be looking for! A friend's just gotten herself a Brio, and I sure as hell want to make sure it gets serviced well.
Old 8th February 2013, 11:53   #40
BHPian

Honda City S/MT, 2010 - I've got servicing done at four service centers. Here are the experiences.

Crystal Honda, Pune – I purchased the car from them and for first 3 services done (free ones). The driver never came on time and the car was never delivered on time, in spite of repeated complaints. Once, the car was delivered at 10 in the night, as against the committed time of 5 in the evening.

Deccan Honda, Pune (Satara Road) – Got one paid service done, it was OK. However, the car was not cleaned; it was delivered in a very bad shape (I was out of station). When my wife complained, they said that they will send somebody to clean the car, shame on them. I gave this feedback and pursued the case. Deccan Honda closed the case by offering a cake! Wow, what a way to achieve customer satisfaction, don’t do what you are supposed to do and try all available means later!

Hallmark Honda, Thane – The worst of the lot. I got 2 paid services done, not done to satisfaction and charged much more than average cost with flimsy services. Once, I got tweeters fitted and they goofed up mirror controls; shamelessly avoided fixing the problem even at the time of appointment. They did a very shoddy job of AC problem, so badly that I had to complain to Honda. When the servicing was done in the presence of Honda representative, I was told to sign a letter saying that I am satisfied with the work done. I asked how can I sign when I have not driven to check whether the problem is fixed or not! My take – AVOID

Linkway Honda, Chandivali – I’ve got 2 paid services till now, convenient because their workshop is close to my office. The first one was decent, no complaints. At the time of second one, they missed out on fixing one of the issues (it had been noted by the service adviser), I had to take the car back. No complaints other than that. I will persist with Linkway Honda.
Old 8th February 2013, 12:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

I have been dealing with Pushp Honda who are the only concessionaires in Kanpur. I also got the second service of my Civic at Heritage Honda, Gwalior.

Experience / comments:

Heritage: Did an excellent job, even though they had been flooded the previous day. The SA wanted to change the oil, and after referring to the Owner's Manual agreed that it was not required. When I took delivery the SM again questions ad to why no oil change to be told by the SA that it is no longer done at 3 months as per manual. Only minor glitch - their network was not up after the flood so could not give me a printed receipt.

Pushp: Good service so far. I got pick up and delivery only twice on my Civic and they were late a usual. Excellent body shop work. By and large I am quite happy with their work, staff and attitude. Only had a bit of a run in with a SA after the first service of the Civic, but they later apologised in writing. Of course I have developed a personal rapport with the SMs and now the GM so that helps!
Old 10th February 2013, 11:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

I've done all the services for Honda City at Linkway Honda, Chandivali, and I would certainly recommend them. The only issue I had with them was the long time it took for them to get a light for the gear shift lever (mine had died of natural causes, RIP) leaving me to shift gears at night (when needed) by feel.

They've been very co-operative and good on the whole though. When the City's fuel sump had cracked and needed a replacement, they left me out of the picture almost entirely and helped me to get the replacement done in reasonably quick time. Sure, they keep on mentioning they'll put in those little additives that inflate the bill, but a stern 'No' sees them back off.

On the whole, quite good. Average service cost is 4-5k, and I can certainly live with that every 3-4 months.
Old 11th February 2013, 21:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Can people put out the best service advisors to deal with in their relevant Honda Service Centers in their respective cities? I have noticed that its just one or two guys in each service center who are the real deal - whilst the rest are just bogus.

That would be VERY helpful and that is what folks new to the Honda badge would be looking for! A friend's just gotten herself a Brio, and I sure as hell want to make sure it gets serviced well.
Great initiative. Who are the recommended guys in Bangalore? I have scr*w*d over and over again by the Whitefield honda guys. I will not be going to them anymore. Any thoughts?
Old 11th February 2013, 22:09   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Great initiative. Who are the recommended guys in Bangalore? I have scr*w*d over and over again by the Whitefield honda guys. I will not be going to them anymore. Any thoughts?
And YOU my sir, are the very reason why I am not going to visit Whitefield Motors

Wonder why this thread isn't getting enough traction on TBHP. Looks like the "cooking for men" thread has more action.
Old 13th February 2013, 09:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
And YOU my sir, are the very reason why I am not going to visit Whitefield Motors

Wonder why this thread isn't getting enough traction on TBHP. Looks like the "cooking for men" thread has more action.
May be you should not completely go with my experience. A shrink friend recently was saying may be its me that is attracting bad karma!

On a more serious note, if we live in the IndiraNagar, White field area, looks like Whitefield honda is the only option? or there is one on Yeshwanthapur too!

Dealer : Akshara Motors Pvt.Ltd.
Address : Sy No 8, M.E.S road#70, Tumkur Road,Yeshwanthapur,Bangalore- 560 062
City : Bangalore
Email : servicemanager_yp@magnumhonda.com
Phone : 080-23575892/93
Fax : 080-23515890

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks