Below Your Expectations 42 22.11%
Improvement Needed 33 17.37%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 11:18   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Guys got an aircon issue in my city zx. It will not cool when it's sunny. But starts cooling as soon as it's cloudy or during evenings and night. Is it only a gas refill issue or am I looking for something else.
You're probably looking at a proper ac service including cleaning of cooling coil, condenser servicing and gas topup. Costing outside for this would be around 2- 2.5k and ASS could cost around 4k to 5k.
Old 21st March 2016, 11:25   #77
BHPian

Re: Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

I voted for below expectations.

The last instance - I gave it for servicing at Solitaire Honda in Andheri, Mumbai.
The SA put in three unrequired items (not part of the service manual) on the list and was keen that I go ahead with it. All of this without asking me. I crossed them off much to his reluctance.

During delivery he claimed that the fan motor is not working and needs replacement. This would cost me Rs.12k. I decided to get a second opinion outside and needless to say the roadside mechanic resolved it free of cost!
Although the SA needs to take the blame directly, Honda should not be allowed to let such malpractice flourish. Even TATA ASC's were better compared to this!
Old 30th March 2016, 16:42   #78
BHPian

I have a City that's over 6 years old now. I have stopped going to the Authorised service centre, knowing that they will try to sell me what I do not need and try and do things that are not necessary just because the car is now old. Once out of warranty there is no need to go to them. Sometimes I am even scared that our cars will be used by them for personal purpose OR in case of some Honda ASC it would be a case of swapping of parts.

As a company when Honda was not doing well (Uptil 2012), their service centres were extremely good in their service as well as customer handling. As their sales has improved with the diesels coming in and City generation4 claiming back its crown, it has gone bad again. They do not even clean the car well as a part of service and will always add things like AC disinfectant without asking.

We have a Civic as well as a Jazz(previous gen) in family and none of our Hondas are going to ASC any more. The cars are doing great and are reliable to the core. But Authorised service centre is an absolute No. Note that all our cars are now well outside warranty.
Old 31st March 2016, 07:18   #79
BHPian

Guys my CityZX 2006 needs some love and care - servicing, some AC job, some paint (if budget and time allows) Can someone recommend me a fng in Gurgaon. Looking for something around Sec 56.
Old 1st April 2016, 14:48   #80
BHPian

Surprised to see no Kolkata owners posting here.

I have a Honda Brio SMT from 2013. One of my friend had the Honda Amaze from 2015. Another friend bought the City VX a few months back. I went with them most of the time during service, so i spent quite a few number of hours in two service centers cum dealerships.

Pinnacle Honda- This dealership is from where I bought my Brio, followed by my friend's Amaze. Dealership experience was fabulous. Service initially was very good. The service guys knew what they were doing, and work was top notch. My Brio was serviced pretty well. The cleaning could have been better though. The SAs were all pretty knowledgeable, surveyed the car well and put forward reasonable estimates which were still more than I had to pay at the final bill.

Friend's Amaze had crashed 3 times (recently 4th crash totalled the car). Every time it was front bumper that was damaged. They fixed it promptly in a day or two. The 3rd crunder wheeld. The front bumper was extensively damaged, the AC and radiator grill was damaged, front passenger side under wheel cladding was gone. But worse was even the chassis was bent. It took 2 weeks to fix everything. Since my friend had zero depreciation, he had only to pay the processing charge + service tax only. The SAs covered all the damage under insurance without any problems.

However things started to change after the 3rd service of my friend's Amaze. The SAs could not fit the under wheel cladding as it was unavailable, as well as the tow hook cover which had surprisingly had gone missing. We never got these two parts back. Also because of the slew of launches following the Amaze (Mobilio, new city), the service got flooded with cars and servicing took a nosedive. I kept my car for servicing, only to come and find out my car lying in a corner had not been cleaned. Although they serviced the internals, i felt let down for the first time with their service. Fortunately there was a new dealership in town, which was near my house. So i paid them a visit.

Shree Honda- Located in Rajarhat near City Center 2, the area was spot on. The service center, was small, but their body shop was located in a separate area nearby (also had service). Being new on the scene, incoming cars was few and I decided to take a shot as I knew they should service well in order to make an impact on Pinnacle Honda's sales.

And boy I wasn't wrong. Service was topnotch. The car was cleaned and polished very well. Looked like an almost new car. Drove around and immediately felt the improved servicing effects under the hood. Interior cleaning was top notch as well. There wasn't even a speck of dirt anywhere.

Took my friend's Amaze there as well. Not only did they service it well, they also fitted the under wheel cladding and the tow hook cover. Surprised that they had it for immediate stock but Pinnacle Honda didn't for months. Unfortunately we had to pay for these two, even though it was covered under insurance.

Don't know how the service is now as there has been a huge flow of cars into their service, presumably due to their good work. My service is around the corner, so will write more as soon as I'm done.

Eastern Honda- No idea. Never did any service with them as their service location was very far and outside city limits. Dealership experience felt sub-par, whatever little I had with them.
Old 31st May 2016, 10:51   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Honda a.s.s. In Gurgaon is just pathetic. I got my city in 2006 from ring road honda, during the first couple of services I saw my car mal handled by their service staff. My side wing mirror was hit and bumper was badly scratched while the car was at service. When I went to complain to the manager I got so much attitude from him that I hated having bought a honda. Around 2011 pearl honda started their operation in Gurgaon. I gave them a try, location pace city. When I went to collect the car, to my horror, I found my front bumper badly damaged. When I raised a concern I was threatened by the service staff. They did repair the damage but I got no apology for this and neither did they give me a receipt for the repair bill. Frustrated I tried the last remaining service shop for honda - pearl honda sector - 52. When to collect the car after service and what do I find? Bumper is out of its slots for some reason, entire bonnet is filled with scratches, wherever there was a bend in the panel, I could see the paint being eroded. I got frustrated and they suggested to repair the damage using a 3m solution to which I declined as I did not want my paint to get thinner.
Apart from regular service, I had 2 accidental repairs done by ring road honda in 2010. Till date the repair is not done upto my satisfaction as rain water enters the car cabin during monsoon. I curse myself for buying a honda. The car is great but the folks who repair / service the car live on cloud 9. For that matter I loved the Tata service. Had an Indica for 9 yrs and loved the Tata service in comparison to honda. Specially delta motors around sec56.
This is just my experience and I am positive folks would have some good experience with honda as well. But no good experience for me. I am currently looking for a good fng to service my car and probably paint my damaged panels. Any suggestions? I stay around sec54 gurgaon

Hi, has your service experience at Honda in Gurgaon improved in the last few years. Mine has deteriorated. Earlier Pearl Honda used to provide an efficient, hassle free service, however, my last few interactions have resulted in extremely poor service and workmanship. In one instance to repair damaged rear door they took more than a month. Ring Road Honda has been no great shakes and their service standards are at best acceptable. Should I still get my car serviced by them or look for alternatives in Delhi.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:41   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maktags View Post
Hi, has your service experience at Honda in Gurgaon improved in the last few years. Mine has deteriorated. Earlier Pearl Honda used to provide an efficient, hassle free service, however, my last few interactions have resulted in extremely poor service and workmanship. In one instance to repair damaged rear door they took more than a month. Ring Road Honda has been no great shakes and their service standards are at best acceptable. Should I still get my car serviced by them or look for alternatives in Delhi.

With no choice left I am trusting pearl Honda Sec -52 since then. My car was serviced and a part replaced this year. So I interacted with a SA - Kashif. This guy has been pleasant and I have had no complaints so far. But I always ensure to get my car at 9 am so that I beat the rush at the workshop. And I avoid sat/sun. I was cheeky enough to ask for a discount this time when I called for service appointment. I did get around Rs 1000 off on my bill. So worth a try. If they don't offer you cash then ask for interior dry cleaning / alignment balancing. They might provide this free of cost
v_2rahjo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:47   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avikbrio View Post
Surprised to see no Kolkata owners posting here.
I have had a long (still continuing) relationship with the Honda brand.

We bought our first-gen City in 1998 and got the second-gen City in 2003, from Windsor Honda. They were the very first Honda dealer in Kolkata. Windsor closed sometime back in 2009. Since I was still in school back then, I never really interacted with them as such. Hence, can't comment on what the experience was like with them.

Another dealer (Imperial Honda) had opened up in Kolkata at some point, but are now defunct. Never had any interaction with them.

Pinnacle Honda - We got our 2010 City and 2016 City from Pinnacle Honda. The experience of dealing with them has been very good till date. Their sales staff are well informed and helpful. They always showed up on time while bringing a car for a test drive. On the service front, I am pretty satisfied too. I haven't had any bad experience with them so far. Whenever my cars have gone to them for repairs/service, they have gotten the job done properly and on time.

The only fly in the ointment has been the delay in supplying a part (Illuminated Scuff Plates) that I had chosen from the accessories list. It has been 3 months since I got my car and they still haven't received it from Honda. I have had to follow up with them multiple times with no positive results yet.

Eastern Honda - I had visited an Eastern Honda showroom to check out the current-gen City when it was launched, but found the staff attitude to be a little disinterested. A couple of my friends have bought from them and are very unhappy with their (sales + service) experience. Their word was enough for me to write these guys off.

Shree Honda - They are located too far from where I live. Thus haven't gone to them ever. Only interaction was over the phone + email to get a quotation. They seemed pretty prompt and efficient in giving me the requested details.
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 18:57   #84
BHPian

I too am witnessing the deterioration of the service standards at Honda service stations. This coming from someone who owns a Skoda laura L&K should speak volumes...

My historical experience with the Honda City made me purchase another car from their stable ie. the Brio.

Of late however the service managers seems to be too keen to pad up bills. For instance the last service before monsoons, I had asked to change the wiper blades. Lo and behold, the manager got the windscreen polished and interior enrichment done as well. The fact that it cost me more than 20 sets of wipers would cost, was besides the point I guess for him.

Got my AC serviced at believe it or not, 12.5K for the Honda City. I did complain to the team lead and he gave me a free service for the Brio. Things are definitely going downhill.
Old 16th August 2016, 20:09   #85
BHPian

I own a 2010 honda ivtec. I give the car for servicing at the kalina honda. Overall the experience is average. No great shakes. But sometimes I feel cheated for parts which they put in but fail to give a detailed explanation. There are certain things I request in particular to be looked at but they tend to always forget.
Many times the car is handed over dirty or they have forgotten to clean the wheel wells or underbody which is part of their free service.
The experience when you give the car to them for servicing is great and but the handover time is not great. It's like then they don't care after they get the payment.
Old 16th August 2016, 20:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

Much the same with Capital Honda in Perungudi, Chennai.

They once added on a car interior shampooing and full wash that left some of the shampoo slightly sticking to the seats and a windscreen spray that was not fully rinsed off so that I had to spray water and use the wipers to remove a lot of smudged traces on the windscreen.

And a slightly malfunctioning orvm adjust switch has been pending for months with periodic reminders (well, two in around five months) to the SAs and feedback team getting oh sorry sorry type reactions and promises for ASAP action, but no switch forthcoming.

When the feedback call arrived I gave them a bad feedback on both, following which they offered a free repeat wash (which I declined) and a promise to source the part ASAP and call me, but that's just remained a promise so far
Old 16th August 2016, 20:45   #87
BHPian

I had some bad experiences with the Dakshin honda Hosur road regarding my Civc service, and voted for "Below expectations". Their customer service is poor, compared to some of the other brands as per me.
Old 7th September 2016, 07:08   #88
BHPian

Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

I have moved recently from Gurgaon to Bangalore and took my Honda City to Dakshin Honda Hosur Road. Was quite disappointed with the level of service - took them 25 minutes to attend after having an appointment, did a shabby job and instead tried forcefully selling things like new brake pads, wipers, etc. They even didn't fix the bolts back to secure the spare tyre and went looking for the bolt (another 15 minutes) after being pointed about the miss. They took more than 10 days to update the service record online (that's when I could find it updated on my Honda Connect compared to a 1 day gap at my previous ASC in Honda Gurgaon).i had put in a feedback email to their management (after seeing the posters in their service centre with escalation matrix) but no one even bothered to acknowledge the email, leave alone acting upon it.

I have a question for fellow BHPians in Bangalore- can you please let me know which are the better Honda Service centres in Bangalore? I live on Sarjapur Road. TIA :-)

Last edited by outdoorlover : 7th September 2016 at 07:09.
Old 7th September 2016, 08:25   #89
BANNED

Yes, Honda have grown too fast and are unable to handle the service load. Now the outside of an ASS resembles a Maruti ASS in their halcyon days. Big queues of cars. By and large I have found Pushp Honda Kanpur quite decent. Remember they are owned by Alcohol barons, so cars are a side line. Now the service is managed by the 'family' which earlier the GMs were almost all ex-services. It shows.
Old 7th September 2016, 10:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I have a question for fellow BHPians in Bangalore- can you please let me know which are the better Honda Service centres in Bangalore? I live on Sarjapur Road. TIA :-)
I used to live on Sarjapur Road last year so I am sorry but the only other option for you is Whitefield Honda.

They are sort of better than Dakshin Honda but that's like saying a 10th fail is better than a 6th pass.

Identify good FNGs for your day to day needs, use the ASS only for scheduled service so your warranty is not affected. eg: Trend Automobiles in Electronic City for any denting and painting or other exterior work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks