Improvement Needed 33 17.37%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 09:21   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply. I actually skipped Sundaram because there was a thread specifically about their (bad) service. But that was an 2011 thread. Theu must have pulled up their socks now with more competition. I was considering Olympia and Mansarovar and Capital is far for me (Kilpauk).
Sundaram being part of the TVS group have a very high attention to reliability and quality as far as I am aware. I am not sure what previous bad experiences bhpians had. I have never used them myself but heard from other Honda owners (distant relatives) that they are excellent.
Old 17th March 2017, 11:54   #107
BHPian

Just a question....aren't the service centers responsible for our cars until they are handed back to us ? If anything happens in a service center when we are not there, are they not responsible to rectify it ? Is there any disclaimer in service agreement where it says we are not responsible for any damages or accidents that happen during servicing your vehicle ??
Old 17th March 2017, 12:18   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Is there any disclaimer in service agreement where it says we are not responsible for any damages or accidents that happen during servicing your vehicle ??
Yes read the fine print on which you sign, there is a disclaimer which washes off responsibility. This is applicable for almost all dealers across brands.
Old 17th March 2017, 12:43   #109
BHPian

My 2013 city went in for annual (4th year ) service and for the airbag recall at Spectrum Honda, Guwahati recently and I have nothing but praise for them.
Personalised attention, quick work and best of all low cost(3.7k for 4th year annual service is cheaper than service for many small cars).
Old 17th March 2017, 15:06   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes read the fine print on which you sign, there is a disclaimer which washes off responsibility. This is applicable for almost all dealers across brands.
However, that does not mean that they are not responsible. Such a disclaimer and its signing by a customer does not necessarily absolve dealer from responsibility and liability. Such declarations are not legally tenable. In fact, it can very strongly be argued that the such declarations are sought in bad faith and are imposed upon consumers under coercion as the manufacturer will not honour the warranty unless the vehicle is serviced and maintained by the authorised dealer.

Its akin to some airline saying its not responsible for your life and if there is a plane crash there is no liability on their part. In short, fly at your own risk. Now, I wonder how many people will fly if such a declaration is sought by an airline?
Old 17th March 2017, 15:45   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
Personalised attention, quick work and best of all low cost(3.7k for 4th year annual service is cheaper than service for many small cars).
Absolutely not. Bangalore city i serviced our Ritz 30k kms (i don't believe in annual service, just get it done when kms are done) at a dealer last month and charges were 1300 + mineral Oil another 1000 bucks or so. That is more than 1400 bucks cheaper and honestly apart from the size of these cars, there is nothing much different in the service. I am sure if i had got it done outside would have been couple of hundred lesser also. so close to 4k for a general check up / annual service cant be termed cheap. Maybe compared to a european car with absurd rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Its akin to some airline saying its not responsible for your life and if there is a plane crash there is no liability on their part. In short, fly at your own risk. Now, I wonder how many people will fly if such a declaration is sought by an airline?
Similar to hospitals taking indemnity from relatives before a surgery. All i said is they do have fine print. Legal or not, if it will hold in court of law etc i have no clue. But to a common joe who is an situation, this can be the first weapon from dealer end.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 16:08   #112
BHPian

@ Jaggu, it includes the oil change as well. Don't know at your end, but the rate compares favourably with the service expenses for our relatively newer grand 10. Maybe maruti service is cheaper, but with two hyundais in the house, d honda is a lot easier on the pocket.
The city goes in for service once a year, since my running is low, it translates to about every 10k kms.
Old 18th March 2017, 07:41   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply. I actually skipped Sundaram because there was a thread specifically about their (bad) service. But that was an 2011 thread. Theu must have pulled up their socks now with more competition. I was considering Olympia and Mansarovar and Capital is far for me (Kilpauk).
This is the thread I'm referring to: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ram-honda.html

I had made a booking with Olympia initially for a Golden Brown V-MT and changed it to Alabaster Silver last evening (our current and previous cars have been black so wanted a change. My first preference was the new Modern Steel color, which has a waiting period of 2 months). While the first three free services are routine (unless there is an issue), I'm wondering if I should switch to Sundaram for the paid services if they are that good. I'm coming from Maruti and serviced my cars with Maruti Service Masters, which is really good. I'm hoping decent service if not the same or better.
Wondering if there is such a thing as service center awards. Maybe Team-BHP can award the best service centers (for each brand) based on user feedback.
Cheers!
Old 11th November 2017, 11:46   #114

I have been getting my cars serviced at Pearl Honda Wazirabad since the past 4 years and have noticed a progressive drop in the quality and there attitude. The last time I was there the place was looking really run down and the service advisor offered me interior cleaning on the sly.

And now they have been officially kicked out by Honda. This came on TOI on the 9th
Attached Thumbnails
Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only-capture.jpg  

docanurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 12:49   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by docanurag View Post
I have been getting my cars serviced at Pearl Honda Wazirabad since the past 4 years and have noticed a progressive drop in the quality and there attitude. The last time I was there the place was looking really run down and the service advisor offered me interior cleaning on the sly.

And now they have been officially kicked out by Honda. This came on TOI on the 9th
Thanks for sharing!

Our City was bought from and serviced only at Pearl Honda, Gurgaon in these last seven years.

The 50k/7 year servicing was done this July so we have some time until the next one. Any recommendations on a good A.S.S. in Gurgaon?

Of course, I can't really comment on how good/bad they were in terms of other A.S.S. but I've always had a good experience dealing with them. Another story that I spent the day next to the car during each service. And that there was rarely anything done apart from periodic maintenance.
Old 11th November 2017, 16:02   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Thanks for sharing!

Our City was bought from and serviced only at Pearl Honda, Gurgaon in these last seven years.

The 50k/7 year servicing was done this July so we have some time until the next one. Any recommendations on a good A.S.S. in Gurgaon?
I have got my City serviced at Ring Road Honda in the first three years of ownership that I had spent in Gurgaon and found them quite satisfactory if you were to be in regular touch with their GM Service- Col Bharadwaj. I had a great service advisor who attended to me as well, but he moved on last year at about the same time I was moving out of the city.
Old 11th November 2017, 18:34   #117
Senior - BHPian

The experience has been good with Magnum Honda, found their Kanakapura Road service center to be one of the best-organized places than other car dealers I have visited.
Old 11th November 2017, 19:59   #118
BHPian

Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only

Don't really have a pleasant experience with Pearl Honda in the last 2 years. They have been suggesting replacements which are not required. I went there for servicing my City ZX a few months back and was told that my spark plugs are replaced because none of them were working. I was also informed that my ignition coil also needs replacement since one of the coil is not supplying current. When I contested that how could the car run if none of the spark plugs are working. I got a vague reply. On asking the brand of the plugs I was told they are made by Honda. It was then that I realised that my SA does not know anything cause the spark plugs are supplied by NGK. I went ahead with plug replacement and was told that the ignition coil is not I stock. Well if the ignition coil was at fault then obviously the set of plugs connected to it won't function. I was ignorant and later realised this. The car was stalling in first gear so I thought its better I have them changed. When I went to collect the car. I was informed that the dealer has an issue with Honda and is not being supplied any inventory apart from the usual consumables.

Later I went to my known mechanic who cleaned the throttle body and that rectified the stalling issue. So the ignition coil was never a problem. I guess I was saved since Honda did not provide them with the stock. Else the ignition coil would have costed me 5k

Last edited by v_2rahjo : 11th November 2017 at 20:01.
Old 11th November 2017, 22:02   #119
Senior - BHPian

I have had my Honda City CVT VX sold and serviced at Capital Honda, Meenambakkam, Chennai. They over charged me for accessories and after I brought it to their notice and escalated it through Honda India, they returned the money promptly to my bank a/c. Service wise they have done good. They have set right issues my car faced: replaced the light stalk that was faulty, resolved the left A pillar rattle, set right the rear parking sensors that stopped working (accessory), they send a driver to pick up car and drop it back after service for free. I'm a first time Honda owner and found the service to 'meet' my expectations. When ever I escalate an issue there is a prompt call from both Capital Honda and Honda India.
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

I had bought my Amaze in 2014 from Capital Honda Perungudi and as I’d also bought an external warranty I also had to send it to them for periodic every 10k services as per the warranty terms.

So - I was traveling in late November and my driver, who generally uses the Amaze these days to take my wife and kids around, was asked to take it to Capital Honda for the 30k Service.

OK, done, and the car was exclusively used by the Driver for another month / 1500 km or so till yesterday, when I decided to give the Amaze a spin. I was shocked to see the pickup and power delivery at an abysmal low compared to the snappy response and quick acceleration I normally expect from it.

I opened up the bonnet and surprise, surprise, the air filter was choked with dirt. They’d not changed it at all. Digging around further in a trusted FNG (Speed Motors) showed the obvious - manifold, throttle body and cat con choked with dust. I’m looking at a 4700 bill to clean this mess up and I’m not going to go back to Capital for them to mess something up again.

When I called Capital Honda Perungudi and asked them about it, they calmly informed me that the air filter is not changed in the 30k Service. I checked online and it is only changed in the 20k and 40k services. https://m.hondacarindia.com/Honda-Se...tOfMaintenance

I suppose that’s just how dealers get to do a thriving trade in throttle body cleaning. :(
Attached Thumbnails
Honda A. S. S. Experience - By Owners Only-c96cd177dda445bc952307fabcfb52df.jpeg  

hserus is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks