Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How was your Maruti Suzuki authorised service expereince?
Excellent and Outstanding 26 12.50%
Exceeds your expectations 32 15.38%
Meets your expectations 76 36.54%
Below your expectations 46 22.12%
Improvement Needed 28 13.46%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:09   #121
BHPian

Re: Varun Motors' Service centre has ruined my Maruti 800!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I guess yes. Some dealers can be really unethical and swap spares. Fingers crossed in your case. If they haven't changed anything then most probably it is the clutch setting.

BTW which variant of 800 is this?? MPFI or carb??
It is MPFI. Thanks for the details.
Monolithic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:16   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
It is MPFI. Thanks for the details.
Sorry for pestering, but 4 Speed MPFI or 5 Speed??

Both were available till 2003.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:33   #123
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah, we always gave the car to these guys. Varun Motor's does not really tell us to take car to one specific place, but this is the one close to us.
That makes the whole thing even more tragic. They are spoiling an almost 15 year old relationship with their customer. I strongly doubt that they have used your car for sourcing some genuine spare for some other car belonging to someone of their own.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 09:28   #124
BHPian

Update: Wednesday 22/2/2017, 9.20AM

The service centre just called me. Asked me why I complained to Maruti Suzuki. Says I shouldn't have complained. That is very wrong thing to do. I asked him to come check the car themselves by noon or else I'm going to go very extreme.

Quote:
Sorry for pestering, but 4 Speed MPFI or 5 Speed??

Both were available till 2003.
No problem, it is 4 speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
That makes the whole thing even more tragic. They are spoiling an almost 15 year old relationship with their customer. I strongly doubt that they have used your car for sourcing some genuine spare for some other car belonging to someone of their own.
Exactly, we've trusted these guys for so long and this is just crazy!
Old 22nd February 2017, 09:35   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The service centre just called me. Asked me why I complained to Maruti Suzuki. Says I shouldn't have complained. That is very wrong thing to do. I asked him to come check the car themselves by noon or else I'm going to go very extreme.
Is this some classroom with the teacher scolding the student. What do they mean by saying "it is very wrong to complaint".

Try to resolve this amicably with them, if at all they are willing to rectify the issue. Sometimes undue threats of going legal etc can backfire when things could have been solved peacefully.
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:20   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is this some classroom with the teacher scolding the student. What do they mean by saying "it is very wrong to complaint".

Try to resolve this amicably with them, if at all they are willing to rectify the issue. Sometimes undue threats of going legal etc can backfire when things could have been solved peacefully.
That is what I'm trying to do. I didn't threaten any legal action. I have asked them to look at the car this afternoon and do what is necessary.

We have a ramp in our house to park the car. The car usually does it in 1st gear itself. But yesterday it barely climbed the ramp.
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:20   #127
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners

Update: 12:19PM, Wednesday 22/2/2017

The Varun motor's representatives have come and test drove the car. They experienced all the difficulties I've mentioned. No pickup, ineffective brakes. They've taken the car with them. Their tone has softened down and seem to realise the problem.
Monolithic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:28   #128
Senior - BHPian

I guess the meaning of below expectations and improvements needed should be expanded for things like milking the customers for unwanted, unnecessary work, scare tactics to call customers for unscheduled services, inflating service bills with things that need not be charged etc. I don't know where these type of items fall under. So I have voted for below expectations for such malpractices. My service centre fyi is SK wheels navi mumbai,

Last edited by SPARKled : 22nd February 2017 at 12:29.
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:26   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update: 12:19PM, Wednesday 22/2/2017

The Varun motor's representatives have come and test drove the car. They experienced all the difficulties I've mentioned. No pickup, ineffective brakes. They've taken the car with them. Their tone has softened down and seem to realise the problem.
Hope they haven't indulged in any malpractices(swapping spares etc) and its just some setting gone wrong. Correcting the clutch settings and bleeding the brakes will take just 15 minutes.

Any current update??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 19:23   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Hope they haven't indulged in any malpractices(swapping spares etc) and its just some setting gone wrong. Correcting the clutch settings and bleeding the brakes will take just 15 minutes.

Any current update??

Regards,
Shashi
Just got off on phone with them. Turns out you were right. He admitted to fiddling with the clutch settings and said brakes were incorrectly installed. This is insane. In just 24 hours they went from no problems to admitting their mistakes. He said he will bring the car around in some time. I'll drive around a bit and see what happens.
Old 22nd February 2017, 19:26   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just got off on phone with them. Turns out you were right. He admitted to fiddling with the clutch settings and said brakes were incorrectly installed. This is insane. In just 24 hours they went from no problems to admitting their mistakes. He said he will bring the car around in some time. I'll drive around a bit and see what happens.
Maruti heavily penalises their dealers and workshops if any complain isn't resolved at their end and is escalated to Maruti. This explains their proactive attitude towards solving the issues in your car.
Old 22nd February 2017, 20:57   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti heavily penalises their dealers and workshops if any complain isn't resolved at their end and is escalated to Maruti. This explains their proactive attitude towards solving the issues in your car.
I hope they are very tough on these dealers and their service centres. I mean what happened to my car could've been genuine irresponsibility or something with malicious intentions like taking away my parts for other car.
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:20   #133
BHPian

Update: 10:10 PM, Wednesday 22/2/2017

The service centre representatives have come back with the car. There is ZERO improvement in the pickup. I've depressed the accelerator fully and the car still does not go beyond 40kmph. The service centre representative has admitted that problem still persists. While admitting he says clutch has a limited life. When I pointed out that it was perfect 3 days ago, he has no answer.He asked me not to talk to Maruti Suzuki anymore. I've asked them to replace the entire clutch assembly and come back tomorrow to take car back.

I think I'll give the car to new service centre. I don't trust these guys anymore.
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:57   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update: 10:10 PM, Wednesday 22/2/2017

The service centre representatives have come back with the car. There is ZERO improvement in the pickup. I've depressed the accelerator fully and the car still does not go beyond 40kmph. The service centre representative has admitted that problem still persists. While admitting he says clutch has a limited life. When I pointed out that it was perfect 3 days ago, he has no answer.He asked me not to talk to Maruti Suzuki anymore. I've asked them to replace the entire clutch assembly and come back tomorrow to take car back.

I think I'll give the car to new service centre. I don't trust these guys anymore.
Looks like they have achieved what they had aimed for-fry the clutch and then force customer to pay for it.

Do not leave these guys, keep MSIL in the loop. Make sure your car attains its previous state. Also their motives seem highly unethical. What took them so long to diagnose?? From 12:19PM today, they can install a whole half engine if they are genuinely interested in providing service. The maximum it takes to change clutch on a 4 Speed 800 is 3 hours.

They are wasting your time. Ask them to speed up.

And, if possible, please never leave your car unattended with these thugs, specially with the dealer owned workshops. A normal MASC won't rip you off like this. Even I have been ripped off like this million times by my city's dealer owned workshop(Premsons Motor). Now I never visit them. I am happy with my shabby looking but honest MASC guys.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd February 2017 at 23:05.
Old 22nd February 2017, 23:11   #135
BHPian

Quote:

They are wasting your time. Ask them to speed up.

And, if possible, please never leave your car unattended with these thugs, specially with the dealer owned workshops. A normal MASC won't rip you off like this. Even I have been ripped off like this million times by my city's dealer owned workshop(Premsons Motor). Now I never visit them. I am happy with my shabby looking but honest MASC guys.

Regards,
Shashi
I'll talk to the Regional office tomorrow and apprise them of all the things that have happened. I'm not giving my car back to varun motors. I will give it to another service centre. What is unbelievable is that the representative has admitted that problem still exists, that car still struggles to pick up and yet he suggests me alternate theories.

Last edited by Monolithic : 22nd February 2017 at 23:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks