Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 00:06   #121
BHPian

Re: Gift for Sales attendant at Car Delivery time

I have worked as a showroom sales executive (in Qatar) & have received gifts ranging from 22K gold plated watch (which i still wear for marriages etc) - 100 USD cash - Perfume bottle - Lunch @ nearby restaurant - Cigar box.

All received the same service from me & i did not expect a gift from any of them. (BTW these were not rich Arabs)

When i took delivery of my Figo last year i invited my guy @ Kairali Ford (Paul) to join me for dinner & a carbonated drink, but he denied. 1 year down the line i call him atleast once a month & have given him some references.

OT: There is premium car dealer in Kochi who has all his field staff designated as Territory Managers. Job spec is "managing the territory" by visiting each & every customer & making cold calls. Salary Rs 10K all inclusive. Title is very much misleading in this particular case.

End of the day, a waiter is a waiter but we can make his life better by calling him 'Boss" or "Bhai" & saying Thank you.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 14:39   #122
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Please keep the arguments at bay and stick to the topic of discussion.
Old 4th May 2012, 12:32   #123
BHPian

Yes, normally it is just a box of sweets from me, last time gifted a desk clock. However, i have never felt that they expect anything from us.
Old 4th May 2012, 13:05   #124
BHPian

I dont quite think Auto Sales Guys (All i know) even expect a gift (Tip is too small a word to be used here). Not all might give their 100% in making it smooth for all their customers all the time. But when they do, a word of appreciation is good enough to motivate them to continue doing better work as much a they can. Sharing the experience with seniors is another motivation for sales guys.

Also, not all organizations or dealers are making good commission packages for them. None in some cases and there are guys who have still worked hard for each one of their customers without discrimination.
Old 4th May 2012, 18:39   #125
Senior - BHPian

I too agree to this - Sending an appreciation email to the sales person's manager / 1 up manager would/should help him. He too would feel motivated and will help him in his appraisal

I think this appreciation + a box of sweets to be shared with the dealership should be a good gesture. A pen / gift-vouchers etc would be a good personalized gift.
Old 17th October 2013, 12:47   #126
Team-BHP Support

I did not get the gifts on the day of delivery. But went back to the dealership 3 days later with:
  • Box of chocolates for everyone.
  • A folder for the bank loans guy
  • A Gillette Fusion Power Razor for the always smart and well groomed Salesguy.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 00:31   #127
Senior - BHPian

IIRC I gave a box of chocolates 3 yrs back for the Nano.

My dad specifically made it a point to give nothing more than a box of chocolates because he considered that anything more substantial would be unethical as the sales executive, afterall is the employee representative of the seller. To profit him substantially could (incase of an unfortunate turn) raise a question of integrity.

In any of our businesses too, we particularly do not over-benefit the company representative. Yes, treat him/her well, but not much beyond that.
Old 19th October 2013, 14:03   #128
Senior - BHPian

I had given a shirt to the sales executive when I took delivery of my Storme. Overall buying experience was good and hence gave it to him.
Old 20th October 2013, 16:54   #129
BHPian

We will be taking delivery of our new car next week - plan to gift the SA a 500 bucks Lifestyle along with a box of sweets. It's not the matter of will he get commission, etc - it's more of the personal satisfaction for the wonderful job done.
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:39   #130
BHPian

So, I see that Parker pens are the most popular gifts here. I was torn between a Scheaffer pen and a FastTrack watch, and while the former looked more appealing to me, thought that the latter would be more appealing to the receiver.

I usually tip for my own sake. Seeing a smile gives me pleasure, however old school and boring I may sound.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 19:05   #131
BHPian

can some someone tell if gift voucher is a good choice? if yes, what is a reasonable amount?
Old 4th March 2016, 19:09   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
can some someone tell if gift voucher is a good choice? if yes, what is a reasonable amount?
You can gift a gift card from SBI. Its available at most branches of SBI from Rs. 500 onwards in multiples of 100s. Issuance fees is Rs. 50. It can be used at any Swiping Machine which supports Visa.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 20:33   #133
BHPian

Gifted a shirt to the sales executive when I took delivery of my Renault Fluence. He had been very helpful and courteous. Saw some of his colleagues exchange glances when they saw it. The man was very happy. I guess its the thought that counts.
dr_anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 15:20   #134
BANNED

When I purchased my car way back in 2004 I didn't gift the sales executive anything but now after going through this thread I would make it a point to give them a token of love to them.
vdm295 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 21:54   #135
BHPian

Last december after taking possession of my ertiga, gifted the sales exec a shirt and also emailed a note appreciating his services to his team. Was really pleased by the sale exec's attitude and support. So conveyed the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks