Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite?
Acko General Insurance Limited 41 12.77%
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company 31 9.66%
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company 5 1.56%
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company 1 0.31%
DHFL General Insurance 0 0%
Digit General Insurance 20 6.23%
Edelweiss General Insurance 1 0.31%
Future Generali India Insurance 2 0.62%
HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company 41 12.77%
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company 30 9.35%
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company 13 4.05%
Kotak Car Insurance 1 0.31%
L&T General Insurance Company 0 0%
Liberty General Insurance 0 0%
Magma HDI General Insurance 0 0%
National Insurance Company 11 3.43%
Navi General Insurance Ltd. (COCO) 0 0%
New India Assurance Company 32 9.97%
Oriental Insurance Company 5 1.56%
Raheja QBE General Insurance Co. Ltd. 0 0%
Reliance General Insurance Company 5 1.56%
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company 26 8.10%
SBI General Insurance 1 0.31%
Shriram General Insurance 1 0.31%
Tata AIG General Insurance Company 24 7.48%
United India Insurance Company 18 5.61%
Universal Sompo Insurance 1 0.31%
Other (please specify in your post) 11 3.43%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 11:53   #91
BHPian

Re: The 2020 thread: Your preferred car insurance company & why

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic.dwarf View Post
I have purchased a pre owned tata hexa on 19 december 2022. And the vehicle ownership was transferred and new rc was issued to me on december 24 2022. The insurance policy was from new india assurance and was valid till april 2023 and hence i decided to get the insurance policy transferred to my name.

I went to the insurance company's branch office near my home and they refused to do anything about the same saying they can't do anything since the policy is taken through an online site called coverfox. I have contacted the site guys through their help desk and through email and had to encounter the worst experience i have ever had when it comes to dealing with so called customer care centers. They were either always too busy and was unable to get connected on call and on those rare instances when the call was connected, the behavior of those guys were rude and not helpful. None of the queries from my side was answered correctly and the behavior was totally disrespectful. The guys were trying to make me take a new policy instead of transferring the policy to my name.

I really don't understand why companies like the new india assurance allow these middlemen like coverfox to issue policies if they can't support the customers when they get policies through them. The car is currently sitting idle at home because the rc book has my name and the insurance policy has previous owner's name, and i don't want to take it to road and face some unfortunate incident. The coverfox guys are now asking a time of one week to ten days from now for the process. Since i have some important family commitments I cant really spend more money and take a fresh insurance from elsewhere at the moment and all I can do is to wait and hope these guys sort out this issue. There is no way I will ever take service of such online insurance people anytime in the near future or let anyone from my social circle do the same.
Try to get it officially on email from New India that they dont support coverfox. The policy is theirs so it doesnt matter where its bought from. If they dont support coverfox then they should not have issued it. You can then escalate the matter once you get official response.
I feel the branch person is acting like a typical government office tryin to avoid work.
Old 17th August 2023, 12:51   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
The issue with going through policybazaar and other aggregators is that they mandatorily want you to share your mobile number and then that's more of the same harassment where they will call you and hound you to know if you went through with the policy purchase from their site.

I'm utterly fed up of being harassed every year by nearly 30-40 different callers.

So how do you guys handle this??
Absolutely! I realized that in just one day post requesting the quote on policybazaar. Got tens of calls in a day. Was overwhelmed, baffled, tired and annoyed! I hate lying to anyone, but was forced to trick them by saying "I am going to stop using this mobile number, soon. Please update your database with the new number", and then I gave them my own "previous" number that I am no longer using.

Restored my peace post that act!
Old 17th October 2023, 09:34   #93

Hi folks,
I would like to know the claim experience of fellow bhpians from SBI general. I've received below quotes from SBI and RS. Both with almost all add-ons added.

SBI - 14L
30k premium

RS - 14L
41k premium

SBI quote seems to be too low when compared with any of the other competitors as well. That's why I am quite confused there.
Old 5th January 2024, 14:14   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_noob View Post
Hi folks,
I would like to know the claim experience of fellow bhpians from SBI general. I've received below quotes from SBI and RS. Both with almost all add-ons added.
I have SBI General Insurance for both my Brezza and my Grand Vitara. I have had New India in the past. The claims process was slightly slower in SBI than for New India. More like the surveyor for New India just went with the claim, while the SBI surveyor both called and wrote to me and obtained the spot photographs directly before the claim could be approved.

SBI seemed decent enough for me, so I decided to continue with them. I have no thoughts on Private vs PSU insurance companies, because I'm ok as long as my claims are reasonably honoured. I think both New India and SBI have >95% settlement ratios.

I had a mixed experience with ICICI Lombard for my scooter earlier. They were good at customer service, but I felt they were a bit more snooty and holier-than-thou. I received way too many calls too from ICICI.

No idea about Royal Sundaram, sorry.

On the premium difference, it might be worthwhile checking out what all are covered in each policy proposal and what is the IDV in each.

Last edited by Small Bot : 5th January 2024 at 14:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks