Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2020, 12:06   #4801

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
It will be cheaper because the insurer has more scope to structure the policy for you, the brokers at corporates like car dealers are under strict targets to sell insurance so they won’t be flexible to accommodate your customisations and you end up paying a lower premium, they get less commission.
Yes.But no brokers/dealers can force a policy on us,if we ask them to customise,they have to do it,if they don't do,it is a violation of the IRDA guidelines.They have to comply to the IRDA guidelines on MISP.And most motor companies have their own licensed Brokering entities too,it is not some tie up with some external brokers,maruti has Maruti Insurance Brokers,Hero has Hero Insurance Brokers,these are all IRDA licensed entities.They need to follow the IRDA guidelines,they can't force a policy on us.

Isn't it better to retain a customer by customising the policy than to let him go?If I move to other Insurance Brokers/Agent,they get no commission,retaining the customer,they will at-least get a lower commission.I see it more as an organisation issue,that has to be seriously looked by the motor companies.The problem is not just with the dealers,it emanates from these motor companies.If the motor companies are ethical,it will not happen at the dealer level.
Old 6th August 2020, 14:41   #4802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspoetry View Post
Yes.But no brokers/dealers can force a policy on us,if we ask them to customise,they have to do it,if they don't do,it is a violation of the IRDA guidelines.They have to comply to the IRDA guidelines on MISP.
Try complaining to the IRDA. 99% of the time you won't get anywhere much in particular. And that complaint is only after following the process to complain to the bank's ombudsman etc if you want it to be taken seriously. Long drawn out process.

In the interests of saving time you may be much better served either buying an online plan that lets you customise on the fly, or working directly with an insurer who will have more basic plans available to sell and won't behave like a dealer's agent who will be incentivised to hard sell the most expensive and most fully loaded plan the insurer has ++ his commission and the dealer's and manufacturer's fat margins.

The same reason I would say avoid buying life insurance from your neighbourhood LIC agent uncleji and just buy a pure term plan online.

Neither the insurance agent, the manufacturer or the dealer are concerned with you as much as they are with their own margins in such cases.
Old 6th August 2020, 15:46   #4803

Quote:
Try complaining to the IRDA. 99% of the time you won't get anywhere much in particular. And that complaint is only after following the process to complain to the bank's ombudsman etc if you want it to be taken seriously. Long drawn out process.

In the interests of saving time you may be much better served either buying an online plan that lets you customise on the fly, or working directly with an insurer who will have more basic plans available to sell and won't behave like a dealer's agent who will be incentivised to hard sell the most expensive and most fully loaded plan the insurer has ++ his commission and the dealer's and manufacturer's fat margins.

The same reason I would say avoid buying life insurance from your neighbourhood LIC agent uncleji and just buy a pure term plan online.

Neither the insurance agent, the manufacturer or the dealer are concerned with you as much as they are with their own margins in such cases.
Yes,I agree nothing will happen so easily.It will eat our time too.But,even to buy our own plan,there is a struggle to convince the dealers, the motor companies etc,this eats our time too.It's our lack of time that these companies are capitalising on,the time am spending with these guys and the associated time loss that incurs is more compared to the monetary loss.Am more concerned about our time lost due to these companies unethical practices.The so called most customer friendly maruti's service is as bad as any other companies. These can't be fought as an individual but collectively if everyone keeps questioning,atleast 10,20,30 years down the line it should change.We can't fight the system as an individual but we can't stop challenging the system otherwise no change will occur here.
Old 6th August 2020, 16:26   #4804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes,I agree nothing will happen so easily.It will eat our time too.But,even to buy our own plan,there is a struggle to convince the dealers, the motor companies etc,this eats our time too.
I admire your zeal to change things but you can simply tell Nexa that you will get your own insurance, buy your own accessories (cheap floor mats, mudguards etc etc) and move on from there. Saves you time. It is only when you decide to buy from them and then argue about the plan you want them to sell you that your time gets wasted.
Old 6th August 2020, 16:41   #4805

Quote:
I admire your zeal to change things but you can simply tell Nexa that you will get your own insurance, buy your own accessories (cheap floor mats, mudguards etc etc) and move on from there. Saves you time. It is only when you decide to buy from them and then argue about the plan you want them to sell you that your time gets wasted.
I would have loved it,if they would have agreed to when I had said to them that I would buy my own insurance in the beginning itself. I know,these things will happen so wanted to avoid it completely from the beginning itself.

I hope,we all know that these companies don't agree to us buying the insurance outside so easily too,there is a time loss there as well.And it is not about arguing with them,it's just about claiming our right.
Old 7th August 2020, 00:39   #4806

Quote:
My experience with the maruti insurance broker and maruti suzuki,just sharing my experience.I am sure that most of you would have faced such issues in someway or the other.I had faced so many of these issues in the past with several business where customers are not listened at all,just another experience which I can handle it,the outcome am not very sure.Writing this here so as a forum,collectively if there will be any possibilities for us to avoid these issues for future vehicle buyers at-least.

My Initial official written communication to the dealer regarding Insurance.

Attachment 2038630

The first official written communication to maruti insurance brokers.

Attachment 2038631

The first acknowledged reply from maruti insurance brokers,until before this there have been no official acknowledgement with a ticket number.Before this too,I had asked for a ticket number,the several times I spoke with the customer care etc,but not once they were giving a ticket number.

Attachment 2038632

The final email sent now,hoping for the best,will keep you posted.

Attachment 2038633

I had requested the Dealer's insurance manager several times to reach out to MIBPL and get it done,it all went into deaf ears.I had also asked him to give a email stating the reasons why they cannot issue the policy as required by me.He was not ready to provide me any written communication/acknowledgement,how will he?

The only consolation is my young Relationship Manager,he is sincere and fair in providing his support and not trying to play any pressure tactics from the beginning!
Just an update:

I was hoping to get it done by 11 am yesterday,but could get it done only by 9.30 pm today.As a consumer,if we will know our rights and challenge the system,the system will change if not today sometime later.It took me more than 2+ days to bring them here.Hope it will change at-least in the future.

I had asked the insurance manager just to reach mibl and get it done,he didn't,now he has to mail me @ 9.30 PM.If he could have stood by a fellow human's right and been true to his job,it could have saved both of our time and agony.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-insurance2.png

At least there is a system in place with maruti that we can reach out to,but still it should not been this tiresome.The territory manager has been helpful from the beginning,he said he will get it done by today and he has done it.But still maruti has to improve,it will not happen at the dealer end, had maruti been real serious about customer service.Customer service is not about smiling faces and sweet words,it is about respecting a customers preferences and cater to it.Lot of our indian companies,in the name of customer service, wear smiling faces and sweet words to mask their wickedness.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-insurance1.png

I hope the insurance will be done tomorrow in my terms.But am still not 100% sure.
Old 7th August 2020, 16:54   #4807
BHPian

I have been facing a huge amount of frustration with GoDigit insurance where their person that came to check the damage to the car randomly decided that a dent on the front bumper will not be covered under insurance as it's unrelated to the incident. When checking the car he did not ask me questions and later when I contested his claim, he asked details of how the damage occurred but refuses to accept the claim for silly reasons like there are scratches, etc. on the other side of the bumper as well.
This has been going on for a month with no resolution. Can somebody help me with what is the escalation process available if I want to dispute the claim that has been admitted?
Thanks in advance.
Old 7th August 2020, 23:02   #4808

Quote:
Just an update:

I was hoping to get it done by 11 am yesterday,but could get it done only by 9.30 pm today.As a consumer,if we will know our rights and challenge the system,the system will change if not today sometime later.It took me more than 2+ days to bring them here.Hope it will change at-least in the future.

I had asked the insurance manager just to reach mibl and get it done,he didn't,now he has to mail me @ 9.30 PM.If he could have stood by a fellow human's right and been true to his job,it could have saved both of our time and agony.

Attachment 2039237

At least there is a system in place with maruti that we can reach out to,but still it should not been this tiresome.The territory manager has been helpful from the beginning,he said he will get it done by today and he has done it.But still maruti has to improve,it will not happen at the dealer end, had maruti been real serious about customer service.Customer service is not about smiling faces and sweet words,it is about respecting a customers preferences and cater to it.Lot of our indian companies,in the name of customer service, wear smiling faces and sweet words to mask their wickedness.

Attachment 2039249

I hope the insurance will be done tomorrow in my terms.But am still not 100% sure.
The final update.
I had asked to add a voluntary deductible cover of INR 7500 which entails a maximum discount of INR 2000/- in the OD premium which will give an effective rebate of INR 2360/- with GST.

MIBPL gave a proposal for INR 23430/- with a three year CPA cover added to that without the voluntary deductible.While the proposed price for an IDV of 464584 was the lowest compared to the quote received for a similiar policy from new india assurance and also through policy bazaar which came around 23719/-,this cover was not a wise choice to be made taking into account the NCB in subsequent years of premium renewal and the current rate of discount available if we take a voluntary deductible.

So,I asked for the policy with a voluntary deductible capped @ 7500/-.

Opting for the voluntary deductible capped @ 15000/- with a 2500 discount would not be a wiser choice,the risk to reward ratio is less in this context.

Finally they agreed to my terms(they still added a one year CPA cover which is also not required because I already have that in my two wheeler policy but I didn't wanted another 2-3 days delays so agreed to it because the quoted price was still lower than that from other sources) and gave a proposal for INR 20106/-,the quote for the same from New India and Policy Bazaar was INR 20710/-.I was sure about one thing from the beginning,with the volume of business that Maruti brokers do,the price negotiated by them with the insurance companies would not match any other brokers,so decided to stick onto them and I also didn't want to lose the discount offered while taking insurance in house.Also, in case of claim assistance too, it will be slightly easier with the warranty binding us with maruti for the first two years

Effectively reduced the premium by INR 3613/- rupees.In case of a claim,I need to the pay the first 8500/- but the effective risk amount today is just INR 4887/-.(8500- 3613)

If I had paid the extra INR 3613/- now,the effective risk amount would have been INR 1000/-.

It didn't make sense to shell an extra INR 3613/- to cover a risk of just INR 3887/-(4887 - 1000). (a premium of 0.92 paisa for a rupee covered,this is not the right way to do this calculation,this just for an indication,the effective rate will be little lower too but it is definitely higher for me considering my driving habits and the associated risks).The insurance companies should be designing the policy like this because there should have been a very high number of claims for small small damages like bumper hits etc.In-order to cover that risk and also to protect their interest they should have a higher premium for the first few thousand claims.

The insurance companies know the community driving patterns and the associated risks.They don't know our individual driving habits and patterns,a little bit of thought while choosing the right cover for our driving behaviour and the way vehicle is going to be used can reduce our premium cost,while the insurance companies aren't going to give us any advantages/special treatments during a unwarranted claim,a claim free insurance history would always reduce the premium cost and would give a edge in premium pricing.These are just like our credit histories,just because we have a very healthy credit history,the banks aren't going to let us free in case of a default but would be willing to lend us ever happily.I had to write this specifically here because,i vaguely remember in some of other forum posts here or elsewhere people were disgruntled the way the insurance companies treated them during their claims in-spite of years of claim free history and commitment to the insurance company.

Last edited by endlesspoetry : 7th August 2020 at 23:30.
Old 7th August 2020, 23:28   #4809

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravTaneja View Post
I have been facing a huge amount of frustration with GoDigit insurance where their person that came to check the damage to the car randomly decided that a dent on the front bumper will not be covered under insurance as it's unrelated to the incident. When checking the car he did not ask me questions and later when I contested his claim, he asked details of how the damage occurred but refuses to accept the claim for silly reasons like there are scratches, etc. on the other side of the bumper as well.
This has been going on for a month with no resolution. Can somebody help me with what is the escalation process available if I want to dispute the claim that has been admitted?
Thanks in advance.
Find who is officially responsible for grievance redressal for Go-Digit,mark your email to customer support detailing your disputes and also copying the Grievance redressal officer or whoever is responsible for that.Be point blank on why your claim is right and why the surveyor was wrong.Read your policy specifics thoroughly,understand it and indicate the references supporting your claim.If all this has already been done with evidence and with no satisfactory resolution for the same within 15 days,you can reach out to the grievance redressal cell of IRDA. Just going to all these places will also not find you results,you have to keep creating evidences and know what your insurance cover means,the most important weapon here is knowledge and patience.50% of times you could win it easily if your claim is right,the other 50% of times it could be a nightmare and a hard fight even if you are right.
Old 17th August 2020, 10:23   #4810
BHPian

Hi,

I got my car delivered last year via company car program. The company faciliatated the insurance and finance both. I am having a strange issue now, I am getting mails from dealership about the insurance renewal despite having taken 3 years insurance. So I checked the vahaan portal and there I saw that the insurance end date is 2020. But the insurance letter has end date of 2023.

Any one know how to fix this? Will it create any problem with traffic police?
Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 17th August 2020, 10:27   #4811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post

Any one know how to fix this? Will it create any problem with traffic police?
Any suggestions are welcome.
Its simply because your insurance consists of two parts, own damage cover for one year and third party cover for three years. So, examine your policy copy, you will be able to spot the dates and proceed accordingly for the renewal of own damage portion only.
Old 17th August 2020, 10:40   #4812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Its simply because your insurance consists of two parts, own damage cover for one year and third party cover for three years. So, examine your policy copy, you will be able to spot the dates and proceed accordingly for the renewal of own damage portion only.
I got the insurance for 3 years which includes both own-damage and TP cover. I rechecked the insurance letter it does not have any mention of the 2020. I am not sure where the problem is.
Old 17th August 2020, 11:23   #4813
Senior - BHPian

I am using Go Digit car insurance for my vehicle since 2nd and 3rd year. For the 2nd and 3rd year, I got the zero dep. as per my requirements and as recommended.
However they are also offering me zero dep. Insurance in the 4th year.
As per what I read on various forums online, zero dep. can be only given for first 3 years for a new car. Am I missing something here. Is there some hidden clause. I don't want to pay the extra premium and then not receive all the benefits for some hidden regulation.
Any updates.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 17th August 2020 at 11:24.
Old 17th August 2020, 12:51   #4814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravTaneja View Post
Thanks in advance.
I too faced issues with GoDigit, my Maruti Insurance was with Godigit. Unfortunately, my car met a small accident because of a big pothole. Firstly the surveyor said pothole damages are not covered by insurance, but still I am approving the claim. It took the surveyor 8 days and 4 visits just to approve a total of 4 parts to be repaired/replaced. Also during the 4th survey I myself was present at the service center where the surveyor didn't come himself, instead someone else appeared to survey the vehicle who, upon asking identified himself as surveyor appointed by IRDA, to which me and service advisor had a good laugh. Later, after an earful he admitted that he is just a friend of surveyor, no where related to GoDigit. I have lodged a formal complaint, but it's been 5 days and I am yet to hear anything.

Last edited by AnkitAnimesh : 17th August 2020 at 12:54. Reason: Spell check.
AnkitAnimesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 16:08   #4815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
I got the insurance for 3 years which includes both own-damage and TP cover. I rechecked the insurance letter it does not have any mention of the 2020. I am not sure where the problem is.
Can you share your policy copy? Usually dealers provide one year own damage and three years third party insurance unless you opt for 3 years package policy.

Also, please share what was the insurance amount you paid while purchasing your car and make and model of your vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I am using Go Digit car insurance for my vehicle since 2nd and 3rd year. For the 2nd and 3rd year, I got the zero dep. as per my requirements and as recommended.
However they are also offering me zero dep. Insurance in the 4th year.
As per what I read on various forums online, zero dep. can be only given for first 3 years for a new car. Am I missing something here. Is there some hidden clause. I don't want to pay the extra premium and then not receive all the benefits for some hidden regulation.
Any updates.
Few companies offer zero depreciation policies upto 10 years of vehicle age also. However, it is upto you whether you opt for it or not.
tp_dominator is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks