Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 04:42   #4966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

All,

Need some advice here. I am planning to buy an i10 from my sister, as she is getting a brand new Venue. i10 is on full insurance for the last 8 years with 0 claims. If I we transfer the transfer the NCB from the i10 to the venue, will the i10 be left with only 3rd party insurance?

I would like to retain the full cover insurance on the i10 while my sister also getting the NCB benefits. If the i10 returns to only 3rd party insurance, can I pay the difference and get a full cover insurance for the i10, when doing the insurance transfer?
Old 11th February 2021, 08:07   #4967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
All,

Need some advice here. I am planning to buy an i10 from my sister, as she is getting a brand new Venue. i10 is on full insurance for the last 8 years with 0 claims. If I we transfer the transfer the NCB from the i10 to the venue, will the i10 be left with only 3rd party insurance?

I would like to retain the full cover insurance on the i10 while my sister also getting the NCB benefits. If the i10 returns to only 3rd party insurance, can I pay the difference and get a full cover insurance for the i10, when doing the insurance transfer?
The i10 insurance can be totally transferred to your name once the ownership change on RC is completed retaining the comprehensive coverage. Your sis needs to get the NCB endorsement from existing Insurance co to use the same for the Venue Insurance purchase. Once the i10 ownership transfer is completed, the NCB certificate can be obtained from the i10 insurance co and submitted to the Venue insurance co. The only thing which needs to be accounted for is the pro rata NCB amount which was claimed ion i10 insurance, you may have to pay the difference during Insurance transfer.

The process can be even more smoother if the i10 and Venue insurance cos are same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Please let me know if this is some sort of game or really he is innocent? Second query, is there any risk for me if I pay second time and get new policy? Can the wrong policy be cancelled?
The agent is BSing you. The dates on the Insurance policy can be changed through back end provided you have given the previous insurance policy copy. Raise the issue with coverfox management with the proof of the payment. In case required mention the correct name of the person who accepted his mitake.

Any wrong info on the Insurance policy is a risk for you.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th February 2021 at 08:26. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the EDIT / Multi-QUOTE function within 30 minutes of posting.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 12:14   #4968
BHPian

Dear All,

I’ve booked a Creta diesel SX(O) recently and I’m currently in the process of taking quotes from different insurance companies. They are as below :

1. Showroom insurance quote - 82k (B2B, not sure of RTI) and insurance provider would be of my choice and IDV will be 95% ex showroom.

2. TATA AIG - approx 43k (IDV is same as ex showroom- ₹16,07,800). It’s their sapphire ++ offering that has below coverage

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-418a5180506b4f65abdec8cebaa0bab2.jpeg

2. Bajaj Allianz - approx 65k (IDV - ₹15,80,000) with RTI, B2B, engine protect and consumables

3. HDFC Ergo - approx 70k (IDV - ₹15,60,000) with RTI, B2B, engine protect

4. Go Digit - approx 75k (IDV- ₹15,80,000) with RTI, B2B, engine protect

5. United India Insurance - approx 50k (IDV - ₹15,50,000) with B2B, RTI and engine protect

All of them are 1 year OD and 3 years TP policies. Apart from TATA AIG and United India Insurance rest of the quotes have been received either through the respective company portals or through their call centres.

I’m confused which one to go for.

1. How can TATA AIG give such a low premium when most of the insurance companies that I’m looking for are nearby the showroom quote. Having read few negative experiences related to TATA AIG, I’m worried that I may have issues if there’s a major claim (assuming and being ready for a bad scenario of an accident since we can only control our cars and not other vehicles)

2. The insurance agent who gave me the united India insurance quote informed me that any PSU quote would be around this price. He also mentioned that private companies may quote less but they may deny claims where they may have to pay a substantial amount.

3. I’ve already claimed insurance through HAP for my existing car that was taken with the dealer and even major claims have been settled without me visiting the service centre even once after giving my car for repairs. So I’m familiar with the system and know how Hassle free it is.

4. Is saving 20-40k up front worth it if we end up in a scenario where the insurance companies just deny the claim or where we have to go back and forth with them for claim settlement? I guess if we are prepared to fight it out with them (maybe legal as well) then it seems worth it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Old 21st February 2021, 15:45   #4969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
All of them are 1 year OD and 3 years TP policies.
Any particular reason why you are opting for the 3 yr TP insurance, it was withdrawn IMO.

Have you checked with the Hyundai workshop where you intend to service the vehicle about the claim process for TATA AIG, if you get good reviews then no harm in going ahead with Tata. Check with the workshop with whom do they have a cashless tie up and get the quotes from those Insurance co only.

Alternatively find out with which Insurance co does Hyundai has a national tie up. Such insurance co will provide cashless option at Hyundai workshops Pan india level.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 16:06   #4970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any particular reason why you are opting for the 3 yr TP insurance, it was withdrawn IMO.

Have you checked with the Hyundai workshop where you intend to service the vehicle about the claim process for TATA AIG, if you get good reviews then no harm in going ahead with Tata. Check with the workshop with whom do they have a cashless tie up and get the quotes from those Insurance co only.

Alternatively find out with which Insurance co does Hyundai has a national tie up. Such insurance co will provide cashless option at Hyundai workshops Pan india level.
I was told that 3 years TP is mandatory and only the 3 years OD is withdrawn. Let me confirm on this once again but all the insurance providers are selling this 1 OD + 3 TP combo. Thank you.

I spoke to the body shop manager at the service Center where I’ve been giving my cars for the last 10 years and have a very good relation with. He assured me that there wouldn’t be any issues with regards to the claim but that I would have to initiate the claim with Tata AIG and maybe have to follow-up during other stages that would follow. The surveyor may or may not agree with their estimate which otherwise usually doesn’t happen in HAP. But he assured complete support from the dealer side since I’m their customer and they wouldn’t want to lose a customer (felt quite happy to hear such a statement). Another difference between Hyundai Assurance Program and outside insurance is that there’s no salvage deduction in HAP but outside there may be around 5-10% on parts. In HAP we have unlimited claims where as outside we can claim only twice during that year. Also they have a tie up with Tata AIG and it is cashless.

After speaking with him I’m quite relaxed and I’m inclined towards Tata AIG since 40k discount is quite lucrative considering there are no dealer discounts.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 19:13   #4971
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I’ve booked a Creta diesel SX(O) recently and I’m currently in the process of taking quotes from different insurance companies. They are as below :
Those are good quotes compared to the 83k quoted by Hyundai dealers for Creta Diesel Automatic. Here in Pune, 2 dealers have informed me that insurance is non-negotiable and I can choose to not book with them if I am not okay with the price. I asked them if they can match the price instead me buying from outside and their answer is it depends on the difference in cost. The 3rd dealer mentioned he can match the price from outside only if the price difference is less than 10K but he can add EP and RTI to 83K which is sold separately for Rs. 6540 (which effectively means consumer will end up buying from dealer and keep the transaction hassle free rather than saving 3.5K!!

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 21st February 2021 at 19:14. Reason: Grammatical correction
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:02   #4972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told that 3 years TP is mandatory and only the 3 years OD is withdrawn. Let me confirm on this once again but all the insurance providers are selling this 1 OD + 3 TP combo. Thank you.
Please see point no 4 of the attached document.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Motor-Withdrawal of Long Term Package Cover (1).pdf (808.8 KB, 138 views)
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:08   #4973
BANNED

I am trying to see my 10 year old Civic.I have full NCB. The best way to transfer the catr without losing the NCB
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:30   #4974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am trying to see my 10 year old Civic.I have full NCB. The best way to transfer the catr without losing the NCB
The NCB always stays with owner and not with the car. The best way to use the NCB accumulated for new car purchase is to get an endorsement from the existing car Insurer and use this when buying insurance for new car. Once the ownership change for existing car is completed, ask for the NCB certificate and share with the new car Insurer.

If the existing and new car insurance co are same, the process is somewhat easy.
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:26   #4975
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for this document. I’ll use this as reference and ask the insurance providers to give me a revised quote for 1 year OD+1 year TP. Let’s see what their response is because when I asked them again they were insisting on 3 year TP being mandatory.
Old 22nd February 2021, 23:53   #4976
BHPian

My BIL is selling his car which is on my wife’s name. We didn’t do the registration to keep single owner clause during the sale. Now this car has 50% NCB. He is buying A new SCross and the old vehicle Wagon R is being exchanged at the dealer. We were able to get loyalty bonus though the owners are different.

The question do we have a possibility to transfer that NCB to the new car?
Old 23rd February 2021, 07:48   #4977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
My BIL is selling his car which is on my wife’s name. We didn’t do the registration to keep single owner clause during the sale. Now this car has 50% NCB. He is buying A new SCross and the old vehicle Wagon R is being exchanged at the dealer. We were able to get loyalty bonus though the owners are different.

The question do we have a possibility to transfer that NCB to the new car?
No, the NCB cannot be transferred to your BIL, it will always remain with your wife. Why not register the new car in your wife's name and then claim the NCB on insurance buy.
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:49   #4978
BHPian

Have few queries related to insurance claims and would appreciate if you all can help me make a decision.
1. My car Ameo DSG has been hit on multiple sections (front bumper, rest bumper, orvms, bonnet and boot) spread across different events.
2. My wife is learning to drive amd hence I kept it as is till she is confident enough and I fix all issues at once under insurance.
3. My current zero dep insurance is to be renewed by 30th March'21.
4. The cost of repair would be higher as the damage is considerable. So would be good to have them covered under insurance than paying off my own.

Queries:

1. Will I be able to cover all the dents, scratches and paint work on different panels in one go?
2. Shall I wait for renewal before claim or do it before renewing it?
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:11   #4979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Have few queries related to insurance claims and would appreciate if you all can help me make a decision.
1. My car Ameo DSG has been hit on multiple sections (front bumper, rest bumper, orvms, bonnet and boot) spread across different events.
2. My wife is learning to drive amd hence I kept it as is till she is confident enough and I fix all issues at once under insurance.
3. My current zero dep insurance is to be renewed by 30th March'21.
4. The cost of repair would be higher as the damage is considerable. So would be good to have them covered under insurance than paying off my own.

Queries:

1. Will I be able to cover all the dents, scratches and paint work on different panels in one go?
2. Shall I wait for renewal before claim or do it before renewing it?
If the dents are at multiple places, you need to create a good enough story about the incident. It is very difficult to convince the insurance guys tha all these dents at various places happened during a single incident. Hence, you will have to prioritise the ones you will go for based on the expenses.
Other dents you will have to repair by your own. Of course all these can be avoided if you make a great story of how all these dents came during one single incident
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:45   #4980
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to a couple of insurance agents. They are insisting that the withdrawal is only for multi year OD policies and 3 year TP is mandatory.

Most Viewed