Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 17:39   #151
BANNED

Re: April 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Suzuki - It never ceases to amaze me how a company which makes average cars with same pedestrian interiors manages to maintain this 40%+ market share.
Only Suzuki has that kind of interiors? What about Santro, Accent, Etios, Getz, Palio, Uva, Verito etc? BTW, the interiors of Ritz, WR, Swift etc are far better than many of the 'beige'ified cars, IMO.
Old 11th May 2011, 17:45   #152
BHPian

Maruti has got the pulse of indian market. "Kitna deti hai?" is the only question that matters for most Indian buyers and hence we see huge numbers of DZires getting sold.
Add to this the trust that Maruti generated years before other players came in, still riding high on that.
Old 11th May 2011, 20:14   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpmeister View Post
Ok, apart from Swift I dont think Beat is inferior to anyone else.
Well it depends how you see things. Part quality of beat is miles ahead of Maruti. It feels much better built.
On the other hand Maruti is much more fun to drive. Leave Swift alone. I would pick a Ritz or Astar or even K10 just for driving pleasure.

I myself own a beat and still dont think anyone else can be more suitable for playing the second fiddle. Of course I10 is a better car in many aspects but so is the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk View Post
The procedure was simple. He got a car that ticked all his columns. (intelligent neighbor you got there, i'd say)
Awesome logical reasoning!!
You seem to be able to think like an am janata.
Just wondering what is stopping manufacturers from designing more cars like I20. You are right, most am janata's dont have choice other than this one.
Old 12th May 2011, 11:57   #154
BHPian

Thats a double blow for Honda. What are they doing???

And given the trend of numbers falling for many well to do companies( compared to Maruti and Hyundai), the customers simply want something good enough to move from place A to B. They dont care about the brand now, which is why the Swift, the i20, Ritz are selling so well. Also adding to the fact that they got diesel versions to boot. And with fuel prices expected to be hiked this week, I really cant figure out, what are they going to do?

Damn! The first month of the financial year has opened up a big can of worms. Hope these companies realise that fact soon enough.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:09   #155
BHPian

Does anybody have the breakup for the i20 petrol/diesel. I am interested in knowing if the i20 petrol/diesel breakup has changed now. The sales used to be 85% petrol and 15% diesel. Quite possible that the Punto diesel sells more or almost 90% of what the i20 diesel sells.

Publish the breakup for the Punto/Figo/Swift also if you have it.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 12th May 2011 at 12:10.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:57   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Average cars? I don't agree to that only. The newer cars made by Maruti are all good like SX4, Swift, DZire, etc. They are very much in comparison with there competitors. I am using 2 Marutis at home & they are highly reliable cars. Plus the maintenance costs are very less. Other manufacturer are not able to make VFM products & also try to loot people in price & service. So Indians trust Maruti.
I've owned a few of them over the years - 5 actually. I currently have Swift as well. They are not bad cars but they certainly are not that good so as to deserve 40-50% market share. In fact in every segment, there are better cars - i20 vs Swift; everyone vs. SX4, i10 vs WagonR etc.
Old 12th May 2011, 13:00   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Only Suzuki has that kind of interiors? What about Santro, Accent, Etios, Getz, Palio, Uva, Verito etc? BTW, the interiors of Ritz, WR, Swift etc are far better than many of the 'beige'ified cars, IMO.
I am sorry - I do not wish to argue or put down Suzuki as a manufacturer nor offend its owners. You are right - many of the other manufacturers have bad interiors too - but not in their flagship models or their recently launched models.
Old 12th May 2011, 15:32   #158
BANNED

Quote:
In fact in every segment, there are better cars - i20 vs Swift; everyone vs. SX4, i10 vs WagonR etc.
Under which criteria are you saying that i20 is better than Swift and all other sedans than SX4? In some parameters, like feature list and build, i20 may be better, but in some other parameters like mileage, pickup and handling, Swift may be better. And SX4 is far far better than Accent, old Verna, Ikon, Verito and Etios, IMO.

Quote:
I am sorry - I do not wish to argue or put down Suzuki as a manufacturer nor offend its owners. You are right - many of the other manufacturers have bad interiors too - but not in their flagship models or their recently launched models.
Isn't Etios launched recently? And models like Accent and Santro were recently updated, but with un-inspiring interiors! But look at the recent Maruti launches like WR and Ritz. They have got better interiors compared to these cars.
Old 13th May 2011, 00:43   #159
Team-BHP Support

A little contribution from my side - hope this helps in some more analysis. I have compiled the sales data for all the cars for the first 4 months of this year.

April 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-total1.jpg

April 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-total2.jpg

I have ignored BMW & Audi because we don't have sales data for all the four months. We don't have Mercedes sales data anyway, so there is no point of including these 2 Germans. I have also ignored exotics like Porsche (all cars) and a few expensive individual models like Evo, Landcruiser or 370Z. Their sales numbers are insignificant.

Happy Number Crunching!

Top 20 Cars By Sales (Year To Date)

April 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-top20.jpg

SALES TRENDS:

Cruze, Etios, i20 and Nano - these cars are seeing a steady month-on-month increase in sales

April 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-trend1.jpg

Another trend is - Endeavour, Civic, Jazz, Fortuner, Corolla Altis, A-Star, City, Innova and i10 - are seeing a month-on-month decrease in sales.

April 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-trend2.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 02:12   #160
Senior - BHPian

For Innova, specifically, while the trend is month on month decrease, at least in Hyderabad Innova is not available off the shelf and has a 3 month+ waiting period according to my friend who has been trying to buy a V model for the past fortnight.
Old 13th May 2011, 08:39   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
A little contribution from my side - hope this helps in some more analysis. I have compiled the sales data for all the cars for the first 4 months of this year.
Those are the figures I wanted to see. Now the analysis has become perfect. Thanks a lot of sharing these numbers. If it is not a problem can you please share the excel file of this(assuming you made these graphs in excel). Even I would like to have a record of all the cars and update them every month.

The addition of new Verna will be interesting to see from next month. I expect Vento to top the segment but verna will not be much behind.

Last edited by Saanil : 13th May 2011 at 08:41.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:49   #162
Team-BHP Support

Saanil, Check attachment
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx sales.xlsx (23.2 KB, 521 views)
Old 13th May 2011, 13:18   #163
BHPian

Honda will take more than two years to develop new diesel engine for City. Till that time what will Honda do in India?? Survive on only one product Brio??

Last edited by akj53 : 13th May 2011 at 13:19.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:59   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
What wrong with bolero. Why mix it up with Dzire and Santro. Justification pls

Not mixing them up. They are two different points.

Nothing wrong with the Bolero ( infact I said I salute it), its numbers raise an eyebrow because of the sheer time its been in the market ( not many products will have the kind of Product life cycle as the Bolero).

Hope I am clear.
Old 13th May 2011, 17:02   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
What's so surprising bout the Dzire doing killer numbers?? Indians love the boot!! Bolero's an awesome VFM product for those who can't afford the Scorpio/Innova, read rural India. Santro's still got the charm i guess! I'm a Santro owner n' still love her behaviour as a city car.

The issue is - its absolutely ugly.. not a sedan at all.
Just a personal opinion.

Santro - Selling very well despite its age. Guess its fans that are keeping it alive.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks