Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 15:28   #106
BHPian

Re: April 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Honda Seems to be the big loser and if we see this happened during the course of few months. This is typical case of taken for granted market. Kudos to Vento!!! good numbers
Old 6th May 2011, 17:13   #107
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Update*

BMW added to the opening post:

Quote:
BMW

X1 : 215
3 Series : 240
5 Series : 255
7 Series : 32
6 Series : 1
GT : 5
X5 : 18
X6 : 13
Z4 : 1
Old 6th May 2011, 18:32   #108
BHPian

Great to see Porsche doing some serious numbers with the New Cayenne.
Sold out all over the world, Porsche is not able to make enough cars at the moment.
Old 6th May 2011, 18:47   #109
Senior - BHPian

Wow its great to see that the 5 series is leading the way! Contrary to the expectations that the X1 would be the volume turner. The 520d is really good value with adequate performance. Maybe its bringing in volumes for BMW.
Old 6th May 2011, 21:43   #110

Finally, Vento has trounced City. Honda need to bring in the diesel if they want to survive or else they might end up like linea. FIAT: I guess they are happy selling 700-800 cars a month. Seems that they are not interested! Doesn't send out good vibes. C Segement is where all the action is happening! Gear up for a battle BHPians!!
Old 6th May 2011, 23:28   #111
rmk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
I 20 1.2 is the one that is called underpowered. CRDI is the one thats making up the numbers i guess. Nevertheless Swift just because it is selling huge numbers doesnt mean it has no drawbacks. Every car has its drawbacks. Lifeless steering is always there in I 20!!!

Dont know whether its the crdi or the 1.2 petrol thats making the numbers.. but i havent seen an 1.4 AT version at my place yet.

About the steering wheel.. This is one hot debate topic between enthusiasts and normal guys. Quoting a para from Top-gear June 2010 issue.(audi a4 v\s bmw 3 series )

"The steering in the 3 can not be operated with your little finger (like in the A4).They need the full service of your elbow and your shoulder muscles, which is a problem while parking. But trust me...the hard steering is as precise as the finger of a tailor who can easily insert a thread into a sewing needle. You take the 3 on a curvy mountain road and only cars with badges like the porsche pr the lotuscan feel better.."

Same is the case here. For a hazzle free city driving and parking... go for the i20.

And if you enjoy driving...go for some other car.. Simple...!!
Old 7th May 2011, 00:09   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Wow its great to see that the 5 series is leading the way! Contrary to the expectations that the X1 would be the volume turner. The 520d is really good value with adequate performance. Maybe its bringing in volumes for BMW.
X1's numbers may be down due production constraints, since it has waiting close to 6 months here in NCR. According to the Dealer here overall demand for X1 is higher than any other BMW.

5 Series again is very popular, especially the 520d variant which seems to very popular. Still it comes with a very good discount on price. The All inclusive maintenance packs add to the appeal too.

Overall great job by BMW.

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th May 2011 at 00:18. Reason: Typo. FlyingSpur Thanks for pointing out.
Old 7th May 2011, 00:10   #113
BHPian

Is there a figure available for Mahindra THAR? DI version of the THAR can be seen very commonly in Kerala now !!
Old 7th May 2011, 04:44   #114
rmk
BHPian

I dont think that the swift charts are dropping because of the arrival of the new model, (if its actually coming this year...). Most of the maruthi dealers don't utter a word about the new swift. Only those who update the net, or automotive blogs know about the new swift i guess. All the magazines made one cute column the very day, the new swifts started production in Hungary, that was 1 year before or something. This clearly is the aging symptoms... And i dont think that the new swift with just minor cosmetic changes and a little stretch of 10cm, will do any magic. Give it better interiors and better rear seating... if so, it stands a chance...
Old 7th May 2011, 08:19   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
Honda needs to rework the city pronto. At least get a good diesel unit in, if not buy it from someone! The new Verna & Fiesta only plaints a gloomy picture for the Jap giant

I wonder if they have a diesel engine at all.

Globally I think they have only one diesel engine and that is more than 2.0 L capacity. Please correct me if I am wrong.

IMHO, had Honda had an apt engine, by this time they would'd plonked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMartin View Post
Another reason why the Micra could doing poor sales is the mediocre interior, even in the top end version the interior does not invoke any special feeling infact the "brey" interiors make the feel somewhat cheap. That is certainly a deal killer for me. This is ofcourse IMHO.

+1 to it.

It literally turns me off and looks like a scooby-doo face staring at me.

And yes, it WAS the deal breaker for me.

Last edited by v12 : 8th May 2011 at 19:57.
Old 7th May 2011, 09:20   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post

Globally I think they have only one diesel engine and that is more than 2.0 L capacity. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Honda has been long enough in India to know that diesel is very important for sales. If they had a appropriate diesel engine they would have introduced it. I think Honda is putting all their efforts into Brio launch. They are trying a lot to make sure Brio beocmes an instant hit with the masses. I also have a feeling that Honda are going to price it right. Isnt Brio supposed to compete with Alto? (correct me if I am wrong)
Old 7th May 2011, 09:25   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I think Honda is putting all their efforts into Brio launch. They are trying a lot to make sure Brio beocmes an instant hit with the masses. I also have a feeling that Honda are going to price it right. Isnt Brio supposed to compete with Alto? (correct me if I am wrong)
Evidently True.

But, the price is hinted to be around 5.0 Lakhs OTR for the base trim.

Competing with Alto? What do you think about Honda my dear friend?

It would be interesting to look at the pricing strategy for the Brio though.
Old 7th May 2011, 13:27   #118
BHPian

Quote:

The fact that they haven't developed a good diesel unit doesn't mean that they can't source it from someone else, say Fiat! How many cars do you know that're carrying Fiat's diesel unit rebranded MultiJet, DDiS etc? I've lost count. Honda should've anticipated this by now, after all they're one of the oldest players in the indian market

Quote:
I think Honda is putting all their efforts into Brio launch. They are trying a lot to make sure Brio beocmes an instant hit with the masses. I also have a feeling that Honda are going to price it right. Isnt Brio supposed to compete with Alto? (correct me if I am wrong)
I think the Brio will fill into the 5-6L ex-showroom bracket. It should compete with the i10, i20, Swift, Polo etc. The Jazz after all did price itself entirely out of the hatchback segment & the April sales figures did show that. It was 112 units for the entire month while all the other so called competitors did more than 6000 !

Last edited by Musicmaker23 : 7th May 2011 at 13:30.
Old 7th May 2011, 17:13   #119
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me why Mercedes is not reporting the sales figures for the S Class? They have not been doing so since Februrary IMO.
Which is very odd, because it is their flagship product.

Here are Mercedes' April figures:

Mercedes-Benz April sales up 67% at 537 units
Old 7th May 2011, 22:35   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Globally I think they have only one diesel engine and that is more than 2.0 L capacity.
Honda has a 2.2L Diesel engine globally. I went thru an OD interview with the MD or so of Honda and he told that they are bringing in Diesel for India [It was an old interview I guess].

Quote:
Brio will compete with Swift / i20 and so on - not with Alto. The price assumed is in the 5-6L range for the car. They are sure serious with the Brio - extensive testing for the car was done keeping the Indian families in focus, ingress & egress for ladies who wear saree was one of the keen points. Now they should just price it right & they have a winner. Except price, I believe everything is set for Honda. They have a beautiful engine, Honda reliability, image and what not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks