Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2011, 12:13   #61

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Kindly update me, as i m planning to buy a new polo ................
Old 15th August 2011, 18:25   #62

Even am looking forward to booking 1.6, in case there is any news for new model, kindly do let me know. Will be finalizing only after TD of new swift ZXI.
Old 16th August 2011, 19:21   #63
BHPian

Re: Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
Anyone with any updates? I've been wanting to buy a Polo 1.6 Highline for the last 2 months but have waited patiently in the hope that this updated Polo will be available soon.
Saw an advt hoarding today highlighting the offer -Polo 1.6 Petrol available at 6.99% rate of Interest.

I think each & every carmaker is waiting for the 17th of August(New Swift's launch date) to decide the future statergies.
First one amongst them is the Tata Motors(going to launch Vista refresh on 22 Aug), then is the HSCI(going to launch Jazz refresh in last week of Aug), then is the Toyota India(going to launch their Etios D on 14th Sept).
So VW will also try to take the Advantage of Huge waiting queues of New Swift, to encash their sales by launching New updated Polo with new features & All-New 1.5 TDI engine.

Till then, they're in a hurry to liquidate their stocks by offering huge Discounts, Offers.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:15   #64
BHPian

Someone I know is working for Polo's electronics and he confirmed to me that 1.5 is not going to be launched anytime soon. They have not even done any sort of preparation for it and as per him its not going to be launched in another one years time.

I fail to understand how all the 'hot' news get spread and published so fast without being confirmed. I was happily waiting for the 1.5Tdi 94hp diesel rocket.
Old 19th August 2011, 17:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

This information seems to be correct, this 1.5, 94 bhp engine (if it comes) is most likely to make it debut in the upcoming skoda sedan - Lauretta. I read in the other threads, this is due to the fact that VW is running severely short on supplies of 1.6 TDI engines and hence may decide to plonk the 1.5 TDI instead.

Whether this engine makes it way into the polo in the near future is not certain at the moment. We can safely assume this is not going to happen atleast till the end of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Someone I know is working for Polo's electronics and he confirmed to me that 1.5 is not going to be launched anytime soon. They have not even done any sort of preparation for it and as per him its not going to be launched in another one years time.

I fail to understand how all the 'hot' news get spread and published so fast without being confirmed. I was happily waiting for the 1.5Tdi 94hp diesel rocket.
Old 1st September 2011, 05:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

I happened to see a host of cars from the Volkswagen group inlcuding the new Touareg testing together in Pune a couple of days back. I have posted the picture of the Touareg and a short description of how it was in the Touareg thread.

Also seen testing along with the new Touareg were many new variants of existing Volkswagen group models like the Polo and Vento and Skoda’s Fabia, Laura and Yeti. Though more details about these new variants could not be observed, one particular Polo even had steering mounted buttons in it indicating that the launch is not too far off. If you are planning to buy a Polo now, better watch out for this one! With one of its major grouses of lack of features all set to become history with this new variant, we can expect Polo’s sales to increase further.
Attached Thumbnails
Polo with bluetooth HU & steering audio controls spotted edit:1.5L, 94bhp Diesel also-vw-new-polo-1.jpg  

arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 06:15   #67
BHPian

Excellent move by VW. A powerfull hatch with decent FE should appeal a lot of buyers.
Old 1st September 2011, 08:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I happened to see a host of cars from the Volkswagen group inlcuding the new Touareg testing together in Pune a couple of days back. I have posted the picture of the Touareg and a short description of how it was in the Touareg thread.

Also seen testing along with the new Touareg were many new variants of existing Volkswagen group models like the Polo and Vento and Skoda’s Fabia, Laura and Yeti. Though more details about these new variants could not be observed, one particular Polo even had steering mounted buttons in it indicating that the launch is not too far off. If you are planning to buy a Polo now, better watch out for this one! With one of its major grouses of lack of features all set to become history with this new variant, we can expect Polo’s sales to increase further.
This Polo you spotted does not sport the TDI badging which kind of upsets me because it probably goes on to show that the 1.5 TDI is nowhere near its launch. Any sound from the engine bay that you might have heard (hopefully) to suggest that it was probably a diesel ?
Old 1st September 2011, 19:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
This Polo you spotted does not sport the TDI badging which kind of upsets me because it probably goes on to show that the 1.5 TDI is nowhere near its launch. Any sound from the engine bay that you might have heard (hopefully) to suggest that it was probably a diesel ?
You need not worry PlatzdaTurbo. As I stated, there were a whole bunch of cars being tested but I could snap only this one as this was stuck in a toll-gate at a perfect angle enabling me to capture it. There were atleast a couple of red Polos and two to three white Polos and I am sure I saw a TDI badge in atleast one of them. Even the new Touareg had the TDI badge. I am sure VW is really betting big on diesels in India. When a manufacturer is launching an all-new model (Jetta) with only diesel-engined option, we can understand the importance being given. I think with the recent boom of diesel cars in India, VW is very very smart to let go of an opportunity like this.
Old 1st September 2011, 22:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the catch arvi86 - I dont see a point in doing any testing, unless there is a engine change under the hood. But then, few informed members in the forum have already hinted, there isnt any 1.5 TDI in the pipeline for the polo (In related threads), the initial scoop pic's of added features originally appeared about 3-4 months back and then there hasnt been any positive developments thereafter.

I have also read some comments about VW testing the export to SA models (Polo with smoked headlamps, Vento sedan badged as polo for export markets, etc).

God knows what's cooking in VW! Till some official clarification, we will continue to keep our fingers crossed.
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks for the catch arvi86 - I dont see a point in doing any testing, unless there is a engine change under the hood. But then, few informed members in the forum have already hinted, there isnt any 1.5 TDI.

God knows what's cooking in VW! Till some official clarification, we will continue to keep our fingers crossed.
You know what bala80, companies do conduct on-road testing even for feature additions or a slight facelift. I have seen this a lot of times before. The only thing is that these facelifts or new variants will not be run as extensively as brand-new models. But, as you said, VW is tight-lipped on its plans for Polo upgrades and so all we can do is wait and watch.
Old 4th September 2011, 23:44   #72

Not very sure whether there is a facelift in near future for 1.6 petrol. Have booked a red one today ) it will cost me 6.89 lacs on road with insurance registration and 3 years AMC. They promised some accessories like mudguards sun film etc too.

Missing Bluetooth and USB/Aux-input was a big putoff. But a test drive did the job. Loved it !

Will cancel my earlier swift ZXI booking tomorrow. Waiting period was killing and on top of it, sales guys at Rohan motors are very arrogant. :(
Old 5th September 2011, 01:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh Mishra View Post
Not very sure whether there is a facelift in near future for 1.6 petrol. Have booked a red one today ) it will cost me 6.89 lacs on road with insurance registration and 3 years AMC. They promised some accessories like mudguards sun film etc too.
Even am planning to plonk my money on a Polo 1.6. Did you get any cash discounts apart from the Insurance and AMC + accessories? Also are you getting floormats, reverse parking sensor also free?

Thanks much
Old 5th September 2011, 21:14   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz

Even am planning to plonk my money on a Polo 1.6. Did you get any cash discounts apart from the Insurance and AMC + accessories? Also are you getting floormats, reverse parking sensor also free?

Thanks much
I just cross checked with my dealer, the final cost I will bear is 6.67 lacs. And it will include floormats too but no parking sensors. Have got 12K as corporate cash discount.
Santosh Mishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 12:02   #75
BHPian

Came across 2 Polos, 1 Fabia and 1 Touareg running Red TC Plates, under going testing on the Panvel Sion Highway. From the exterior couldnt tell much difference in the Polos, so I guess the update has to with the interiors and/or the engine.
Had noticed the set of 4 cars doing the rounds last month also on the same roads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks