Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2020, 09:10   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda India : The Way Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
I had booked Honda Amaze recently but after going through the thread I am in dilemma should I continue with Honda Amaze or go for Maruti. My fear is Honda may close its operations. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Honda closing operations is a very, very remote possibility, their sales are still way more than various other brands which are alive and kicking in the Indian market. So do not worry about this, please go ahead with your booking and enjoy the car without any apprehensions.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 10:44   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
I had booked Honda Amaze recently but after going through the thread I am in dilemma should I continue with Honda Amaze or go for Maruti. My fear is Honda may close its operations. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Honda is not closing operations for the foreseeable future. Do not hesitate in your booking. Amaze is a great car, Honda after sales service is also strong. Go ahead with the booking, is my opinion.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 11:27   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post

Rumour: Honda to exit Australia.
Don't know rumour or fact but Australia was never a Honda stronghold. Australian market is mainly utes (pick-up trucks) and diesel cars. It's the North America where Honda is super strong. They have their complete range for sale in USA and Canada - Accura, NSX, Accord, CRV, Civic, Fit, Odyssey, Pilot, Passport, Element and Ridgeline. And, they are consistently doing very well there.

But, in India? Just like in Australia, they are throwing away their market share to Koreans. They're doing good in SE Asia, too, but don't know what has possessed them here in India. The writing on the wall is screaming SUVs and they're still stuck in City. WRV with 1.5 vtech plus CVT should have happened in 2016 itself. And, yet no word on it even in 2020.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 12:52   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I owned 3 Honda's at a point of time. I now own 2. I would still rather prefer a Honda over any other European brand as the reliability and low maintenance is of paramount importance over the lack of spares and service attitude in other brands. Toyota being the other good reliable brand.

Coming to the state of affairs at Honda I feel there is a massive leadership vacuum in India and globally. There is a lack of direction and confusion. They keep thinking should we launch this or that, give quality and charge more or give crap and still charge more, they've sadly forgotten their ethos. The CRV and the Accord and CIVIC continue to give quality but then they will screw it up over bad engines and underpowered engines.

If I had to buy a suv I would still buy another CRV as it has been maintenance free, has enough power ( petrol ) and has every feature. I am waiting to see when they launch the hybrid CRV or electric CRV. Will definitely get one and same goes for a compact WRV automatic to replace my brio. Sad part is that Honda just doesn't listen. Not to customers not to dealers. Leadership is busy sleeping.

It's at the end a matter of preference, if you can stomach the recurring maintenance and pain of going and fixing something then European cars are for you.

In my opinion to fix Honda India, WRV auto with 6 airbags and 1.5 should be here by now, HRV should be here by now, forget the damn brio amaze platform and play to your strength of reliable, safe, fun to drive platform even if cost goes up per model by a lac, launch city hybrid, launch CRV hybrid, launch dual turbo CRV diesel, launch accord hybrid, and quickly hybridise your range ( I would even suggest to abandon diesel completely), and launch that new cute EV concept that they have in Europe.
You have summed it up very nicely. IMO they should now start to look beyond the City as the be all end all of their India operations. Yes the city is a very good car and they should ensure that they continue to garner sales. But the customer preferences in the 1-2 mil rupee segment has changed drastically. The customer wants an urban SUV mostly. They already have the HR-V in Thailand which does well and it is a direct competition to the Koreans.

I currently own 2 Honda's and recently when I was looking to change my City (3rd gen) I found the Civic to be dud and uninspiring engine wise. Really that is a horrible engine gearbox combo. People would have been ready to pay the premium(which they are already charging). Sadly it seems I have to look elsewhere now.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 12:58   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
You have summed it up very nicely. L). Sadly it seems I have to look elsewhere now.

Thanks. I would suggest you look at the upcoming city as it has gotten bigger so I think quality and space wise it should be good. Or if you are okay with preowned than a preowned CRV petrol 2.4. Suggesting you these as you are a loyal customer so I understand that like me the peace of mind reliability is more important. Otherwise yes options like Octavia, seltos, creta, etc etc are there.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 09:17   #681
Senior - BHPian

Honda Cars India rejigs its product lineup

Honda India : The Way Forward-screenshot-82.png

BR-V & Accord Hybrid have been discontinued

New BS6 Jazz Expected soon along with Updated WR-V

Civic & CR-V Diesel Discontinued (Might relaunch after BS6 Update)
CarguyNish is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 16:29   #682
Team-BHP Support

Looks like someone is waking up from their deep slumber or is it just to turn over and go back to sleep.

Good move on killing the BR-V. Was never going to sell with the options now in the market.

Good to see Jazz coming back, hopefully with the facelift it got last year internationally but they got only the tail lights from that to India. It also needs a lot more features to fight with the upcoming i20.

The new City will be out soon after the lockdown. Should be decent.

The CR-V diesel was a disaster but the Petrol did need a price correction to compete with other 5 seater options and not vs the 7 seater big boys.

The only thing which is missing is the W-RV with the 1.5L engine!!! Come on Honda what is wrong with you? Why can't this be done.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 16:45   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looks like someone is waking up from their deep slumber or is it just to turn over and go back to sleep.

The CR-V diesel was a disaster but the Petrol did need a price correction to compete with other 5 seater options and not vs the 7 seater big boys.

The only thing which is missing is the W-RV with the 1.5L engine!!! Come on Honda what is wrong with you? Why can't this be done.
Lets see whether theyre waking up or going to sleep. I hope theyre waking up.

I have a strong feeling the Diesel CRV is out permanently now. They will continue to sell the petrol in one model guise till the Hybrid Petrol Facelift is released later this year. I for one am eagerly waiting for the hybrid petrol launch.

Agree 1000% on the WRV, i just cant understand the stubbornness of Honda India to launch the WRV with 1.5 and 5 airbags as standard, and a central armrest at the back. just cant understand the reason why they resist it so much.

On the jazz front it is the same old jazz with new alloys, and BS6 update and maybe few cosmetic updates. We wont be getting the new international jazz. I like the current jazz but i hope the interior quality, build quality and cosmetic updates are good for people to keep buying this. Jazz also needs the 1.5 engine and 5 airbags.

Last edited by M00M : 1st April 2020 at 16:48.
Old 1st April 2020, 17:06   #684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
On the jazz front it is the same old jazz with new alloys, and BS6 update and maybe few cosmetic updates. We wont be getting the new international jazz. I like the current jazz but i hope the interior quality, build quality and cosmetic updates are good for people to keep buying this. Jazz also needs the 1.5 engine and 5 airbags.
Yeah new International Jazz not coming is fine but they did a half decent facelift in 2018 which never made it here. Check this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...spotted-4.html (Brazil: Honda Jazz facelift spotted)

Also, I forgot to mention on the Civic. That one badly needs a petrol manual or a 1.5L turbo not the ancient 1.8L NA engine. The 1.8L NA engine is fine with a manual box but not with a CVT.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 07:48   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yeah new International Jazz not coming is fine but they did a half decent facelift in 2018 which never made it here.
Going by the retro 'cute' looks, it's better it doesn't come to IN at all:
https://www.autoevolution.com/cars/2...-europe-review

The first Jazz was the best looking of all. We nearly bought it in ~2008 as a second car but ditched it because of that firm rear seat ride. In terms of practicality it was amazing with those magic seats.
Old 2nd April 2020, 10:33   #686
Senior - BHPian

BSVI Honda Jazz to be launched soon. However some minor cosmetic changes can be expected like DRLs, LED Headlamps & Foglamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda India : The Way Forward-jaz.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2020, 16:20   #687
Senior - BHPian

I thought they would kill the Jazz - very happy to note its coming back! Jazz/Fit is a global model (unlike the City which was developed for ASEAN/SAARC) and is an excellent package for what it offers. If I change my city (12 yrs on but still not due for a refresh!), its likely to be the Jazz Auto!
Old 18th May 2020, 13:12   #688
Senior - BHPian

Honda is following Ford as 'one-trick pony'. Ford has Ecosport & Honda has City. Beyond those, the sales are void.

Unlike Ford, Honda is trying hard to be a premium player in value-segment and is getting culled. 15 years back, a typical Honda showroom had CRV, Accord, Civic & City. They could demand a premium for City. In the last 5 years, the showrooms had only Brio, Jazz, WRV, Mobilio, BRV, Amaze & City. Haven't seen Accord or CRV on display (unless CRV was waiting for delivery). Civic is a recent addition and can be confused for Amaze.

Way forward for Honda: Introspect on their strengths & weakness. Get cars at the right time, not after the party has ended. If they think their competitive edges are the brand name, Asimo, engineering & quality, they are mistaken. Even the value players have overtaken Honda in these aspects.

Last edited by msdivy : 18th May 2020 at 13:16.
Old 18th May 2020, 13:46   #689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Honda is following Ford as 'one-trick pony'. Ford has Ecosport & Honda has City. Beyond those, the sales are void.
Not really. Amaze is the best-seller for Honda, and by a huge margin. In 2019 - Amaze accounted for more than 50% of Honda's overall sales.

City was a distant second - with 21% sales in 2019.
Old 18th May 2020, 14:16   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Amaze is the best-seller for Honda, and by a huge margin.
Though like Rapid is the best seller for Skoda & Punto is the best seller for Fiat and both by a long margin, the completion of Amaze sells at least 6 times its numbers. It is also ran situation for Honda.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks