Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 09:58   #316
BANNED

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
...... When I asked the SA about it, he said not to worry and come in only when I complete 6k on the car. So no three month / six month interval for me.
Hope you do not have to ever contact another dealer!
Old 24th June 2011, 10:06   #317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
SG even if Honda recommends 3 months as service interval you can always go for every "other" - i.e. 6 months interval.

What will Honda do to you?

As a matter of fact even if you go after 1 year - what will they do? Refuse to take in your car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Until the warranty is over, they can refuse to honour it. Once out of it (I do not care two hoots about the dealer enrichment programme called Extended Warranty) you are free to do what you want. I do under 10k per annum on each of my cars, and since about 1991 all have been on an annual service plan.

When they call you they try and scare you by their tone, as if heavens will fall, and the flood will come if you do not send the car in for service. Most people get scared!
True that. My folks received a call from Pearl Honda, Gurgaon saying exactly the same. "Bring in the car for servicing else if any issue comes up within warranty; although warranty will not be void, there MAY be a possibility that the parts are not approved".

My dad did take it to Pearl Honda anyway. Servicing was carried out with engine oil change etc; this despite the 3rd free servicing having been done just 4 months and 3400 kms ago.

I sent some mails to Honda and subsequently a credit note was issued to us because the dealer carried out the service unnecessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
When I asked the SA about it, he said not to worry and come in only when I complete 6k on the car. So no three month / six month interval for me.
When my folks had gone for the above service; the SA said the exact same thing : "these front desk guys have nothing better to do; it is their job to gt cars for servicing. Get your car only every 6months/5k kms".

Problem is : you never know how these guys will act and god forbid, if you do need to get some parts changed under warranty, they can very well claim that the service intervals were not adhered to.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 11:19   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
The ANHC manual says 3 months or 5000 Kms whichever is earlier. The manual also points to the checkpoints that undergo check every 3 months.
Remington,
Service manual states that engine oil change is a must on 6 months or 5000 km, whichever is earlier. Other changes/part replacements are at a longer interval. So, I guess, we have to take this 6months/5000 km as the service period.

However, Honda recomends visual inspection (I mentioned these as general health checkup) for tie rods, brakes, brake pads and hoses, fluid levels, etc on a 3 moths interval and this is not mandatory.

Please refer to page 25 & 26 in the service/maintenance manual.

Cheers
Pratim
Old 24th June 2011, 11:42   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Hope you do not have to ever contact another dealer!
I hope to have it that way.

@libran: You are right on how the service centre guys can react and that is where the rapport one builds comes into play.

Last edited by rr_zen : 24th June 2011 at 11:44.
Old 24th June 2011, 12:09   #320
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I sent some mails to Honda and subsequently a credit note was issued to us because the dealer carried out the service unnecessarily.

When my folks had gone for the above service; the SA said the exact same thing : "these front desk guys have nothing better to do; it is their job to gt cars for servicing. Get your car only every 6months/5k kms".
I hope this mail is sent out to all Honda dealerships, and stops them from pestering customers. The front desk knows its job - maximise revenue and customer annoyance and inconvenience does no matter. For many people a Honda is an aspirational buy and they give in meekly.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:03   #321
BHPian

There seems to be more in store for City apart from the price cut.

Quote:
The refreshed car is likely to have top-notch optional features such as sunroof, new multimedia and infotainment additions like Bluetooth and iPod connectivity and a new colour combination, an industry executive said.
Finally, Honda does seem to be acting in the right direction

Source : Honda to revamp 'City' sedan in a bid to revive its fortunes - The Economic Times

Last edited by windsurfer : 24th June 2011 at 13:05.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:11   #322
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the discount is announced to clear all the old inventory...
Old 24th June 2011, 13:20   #323
Team-BHP Support

I feel the discounts are now making perfect sense (for Honda).
1) Accelerate sales of the existing stock
2) Reduce the burden of dealer discounts
3) Leave some space for a potential hike due to the reported facelift plans
Old 24th June 2011, 14:34   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If Honda does this, it'll be so blindingly obvious that people will call their bluff...

...and continue to buy ANHCs .

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th June 2011, 18:19   #325
Senior - BHPian

I hope the changes are substantial and not just cosmetic. I want to seebetter inernal plastics, a climate control system and longer service intervals as a first. Rest all things are fine.
Old 25th June 2011, 00:36   #326
BHPian

Quote:
If the article is correct (Honda denies it), it also mentions a probable launch during festive season. That is around 4 months away. I doubt if a Jap company like Honda will be running on 4 months of stock. These guys are known to have very good supply chain and inventory management skills to be running on so much stock.
So if anything, the third point seems apt...price reduction of current model to accomodate the face lifted one.
Old 25th June 2011, 11:34   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
So if anything, the third point seems apt...price reduction of current model to accomodate the face lifted one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
If Honda does this, it'll be so blindingly obvious that people will call their bluff...

...and continue to buy ANHCs .

Regards,
spadix
Yes, and possibly will hail Honda for providing all those new features for the ‘original’ price

But jokes apart, I guess Honda is managing it pretty well here. The price reduction definitely help them to get back in contention, and then the paying public will definitely don’t mind those additional set of features for a price. It’s sort of a win-win situation for both Honda and its customers.
Old 25th June 2011, 12:50   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I fail to understand as to why Honda is limiting it to just the City and why not offer the same to other cars from the Honda stable esp the Jazz which would generate more sales had it been rightly prices. This was the right oppurtunity to slash the Jazz prices too along with the City. Or are they all too aware that Jazz was anyways not going to be revenue generator for Honda and wants it to keep only to those who really could afford it.
Old 25th June 2011, 19:07   #329

I got this information from a senior person at my Honda's dealership:

Honda is currently testing a diesel engine for its Accord and CRV. I asked him how long will the launch take? The reply was - "A couple of Years!"

If that be the case, I can expect to see fewer (new) Accords and CRV's on the road. I am also a Honda fan, but I am very disappointed with the fact that they haven't lived up to the competition. Just 2-3 years ago, my City was definitely among the fastest out of traffic signals. Now, any new generation diesel car (read: CRDI ) gives me a hard time. Nevertheless, I still love my car - its smoothness is still the way it was in August 2007 when I bought it.

But, City / Civic need a high-performer diesel. These cars were always about top performance, and Honda needs to do something to keep that slot.
Old 26th June 2011, 09:00   #330
Senior - BHPian

Recent proposal to reduce insurance premium on petrol cars by as much as 20% and to increase the same for diesel by 10% might benefit Honda the most. This would widen the gap between petrols and diesels. Hurray! Honda would rejoice now
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks