Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 17:35   #151
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Your post further reconfirms that a ZDi variant would be launched. Good news indeed. 70K over the VDi means the OTR price of ZDi will be under 7L (in Mumbai).
I am not sure it will be coming under 7 lacs. My dealer has hinted an aprox price of 7.6 lacs OTR, chennai for ZDI variant. I asked her 7.16 or 7.6 Lacs as i am expecting a price of 7 Lacs(+/- 20 K). She replied it was 7.6 Lacs.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:47   #152
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I am not sure it will be coming under 7 lacs. My dealer has hinted an aprox price of 7.6 lacs OTR, chennai for ZDI variant. I asked her 7.16 or 7.6 Lacs as i am expecting a price of 7 Lacs(+/- 20 K). She replied it was 7.6 Lacs.
I did see your earlier post too. 7.6L OTR is going to turn away a lot of interested buyers. To top it, if the VDi doesn't have ABS, it would be a big mistake on MUL's part.

Even I expect the ZDi to have a price tag of 7L +/- 20K. Right now, VDi-ABS here is around 6.2L. If you add 65K (diff. between VXi-ABS & ZXi), it works out to 6.85L. For the ZDi OTR price to be 7.6L, the premium for the new Swift has to be 75K which is way too steep.

Right now, we are just speculating on the pricing. Hopefully, things should be clear within a month's time. Fingers crossed.
Old 15th July 2011, 18:00   #153
BHPian

RITZ VDI with ABS Ex-showroom(Chennai) price is 5.5 Lacs. The price strategy for New Swift will be to position a segment higher than Ritz. So add a 70K to 1 Lac for Swift VDI which comes somewhere around 6.5 Lacs Ex show room. If Indian Swift is coming with the features and quality like European Swift. The price above 7 lacs will be justified.

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-suzukiswift_2011_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-suzukiswift_2011_800x600_wallpaper_25.jpg
Old 15th July 2011, 18:25   #154
Team-BHP Support

Sent from my iPhone

Let me know if the link is accessible. Spy video of the Swift in India.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th July 2011 at 18:29.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 18:49   #155
Senior - BHPian

Nice video, the link is very much accessible and shows the exterior of the car, interior's aren't visible though. Alloy design looks boring.

Edit - Agree with Muni's comment below - The clear lens treatment is a little out of place, It doesnt gel with red exterior shade all that very well.

Elongated headlamps looks a little quirky but then the old swift looked the same when it was initially launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Let me know if the link is accessible. Spy video of the Swift in India.

Last edited by bala80 : 15th July 2011 at 19:02.
Old 15th July 2011, 18:52   #156
BHPian

The alloys look ugly IMO. Looks like a Vishnu chakra from Sivakasi fireworks

Does anyone feel that the clear lens treatment ( whitish look) for the rear tail lamps makes it look a bit odd and spoils the contour a bit.

I am definitely not for the bigger tail lamps and headlamp treatment. This is one maruti car that still looks decent ( too many on road and borning ) apart from the Kizashi from the MS stable.

How about the transmission tunnel. Does it protrude or not. Hope it does not.

In some of the reviews from UK/ South africa, they have mentioned that the dash plastics are hard and sound reverberates . Will book one just incase it turns out well overall to avoid delivery delays.

OTR price of above 7 lakhs in bangalore and it better have compelling reasons.

Last edited by muni : 15th July 2011 at 18:55.
Old 15th July 2011, 18:53   #157
BHPian

Swift Old vs New

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-2011suzukiswiftgallery2.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-2011suzukiswiftgallery8.jpg

Nice Cup holder

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-2011suzukiswiftgallery21.jpg
ashok_lat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 19:09   #158
BHPian

The Old swift's rear looks better.

The New Swift's Rear hatch is placed a bit high and would result in narrow loading point for the luggage. The number plate positioning looks a bit odd and probably needs getting used to.

The front looks better in the new swift although the headlamps look abit bigger.
Old 15th July 2011, 20:31   #159
BHPian

I do hope we get the same interiors that we see in the pictures above. The quality looks significantly better than the current version.

Externally, the front view of the new version looks fabulous. The rear will take time to get used to. The old Swift rear end looks better.

The VVT badge is clear from the video link. Hopefully electrically adjustable ORVMs will be standard in the V and Z variants atleast.
Old 15th July 2011, 20:46   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

The new swift looks better in most angles but the rear view seems odd but as many has stated it is the matter of time to get used this design.

Hope the Quality and layout is a notch higher than the current version!

Cheers!
Old 15th July 2011, 22:29   #161
BHPian

New swift launch on Aug 17th. There will be a Zdi variant. I shall be able to give more details in a day or two. So watch this space.
Old 16th July 2011, 00:11   #162
Senior - BHPian

The new one would have been eye catching had I not seen the old one. In the pics it just looks like the Front and the back are bloated. Thats all.

Seeing the pics somehow have a feeling the passenger space has not changed. A side profile comparing the two will give a better idea.
Old 16th July 2011, 02:26   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Great scoop.
The fit & finishing of the car is really praiseworthy. Lets hope for the better build though.
The Alloy wheels seen the video are exactly the same as seen in Dzire CS(Scoop shots) somewhere discussed here in the forum. IMHO, the 6-spoke alloys as seen in the Swift shots were somewhat better but these ones looks very Chinese-type.
Old 16th July 2011, 10:55   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Great scoop.
The fit & finishing of the car is really praiseworthy. Lets hope for the better build though.
The Alloy wheels seen the video are exactly the same as seen in Dzire CS(Scoop shots) somewhere discussed here in the forum. IMHO, the 6-spoke alloys as seen in the Swift shots were somewhat better but these ones looks very Chinese-type.
Do I see a VVT badge? Or a side indicator?
Old 16th July 2011, 11:05   #165
BHPian

Its VVT badge if my eyes are not cheating me. So finally some good surprise from Maruti. car seems to be better built then any other maruti's.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed