Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 21:02   #181
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Thanks for the sccop videos moralfibre. The roof design isn't inspiring and not aerodynamic as was expected. Inclusion od indicator lights on the OVRM is ceratinly a plus though the alloys wheels don't suit the car. This might just make Vxi a better candidate than Zxi.
Old 17th July 2011, 22:52   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Did a couple of screen grabs and finally managed to get the single shot of the new alloy from the official site.
Name:  New Swift OEM Alloy.bmp
Views: 3637
Size:  637.7 KB

I would say it is too aggressive a design for an OEM and I would have never picked it from any accessories shop. MSIL had to work their design charm on something, didn't they? Thank God, it's only the alloy and hope it looks better in flesh.

Also, I am hearing some insane prices for the Z varients. Cue anyone?
Old 17th July 2011, 23:14   #183
Team-BHP Support

Wow! The badge is VVT! Any idea of the powerspecs for the VVT version? Safe to expect 90+ bhp?

Waiting for the team-bhp official review of this car. Will redefine the segment once again if they get the pricing right!
Old 17th July 2011, 23:49   #184
BHPian

The Maruti Suzuki Swift has been getting alot of attention lately and now we have got some exclusive information for you. The all new Swift 2011 will be launched in the third week of August, around the 17th to be precise. Bookings have already started and waiting period is close to 3 months already. Maruti Suzuki has tried its level best to get all features on the international Swift to the local Swift and has succeeded to quite an extent. The new Maruti Swift carries alot of features from the international Swift, which you would never dream a Maruti to have as standard equipment. There are two engines on offer and the petrol is available with a 4-speed automatic as well. Maruti Suzuki wants to prevent cannibalization of the Swift with the Ritz by positioning the new Swift as a premium hatchback.

New Maruti Swift 2011 Engines

1.2L VTT Petrol Engine – 89.6 bhp of power
1.3L Multijet Diesel Engine – 80 bhp of power

New Maruti Swift 2011 Fuel Efficiency
Swift Petrol – 21.5 kmpl
Swift Diesel – 25.8 kmpl

New Maruti Swift 2011 Variants
Swift LXi
Swift LDi
Swift VXi
Swift VXi AT
Swift VDi
Swift ZXi
Swift ZDi

New Maruti Swift 2011 Features
Push button start
Electric operated outside rear view mirrors
Electric folding rear view mirrors
USB, Aux port
Bluetooth connectivity
Steering mounted audio controls
Climate control
15-inch wheels (all models except ZXi, ZDi), 16-inch alloy wheels (ZXi, ZDi)
Rear wiper washer demister
Xenon headlights
Sunroof (Optional)

New Maruti Swift 2011 Price
(on-road, Delhi) Swift ZXi Price – Rs. 6.8 lakhs
Swift ZDi Price – Rs. 7.6 lakhs
For other variants – Rs. 30,000/- more than the old Swift.

New Maruti Swift 2011 Colours

White
Black
Silver
Glistening Grey (new)
Blazing Red (new)
Torque Blue (new)

Source: New 2011 Maruti Swift Features, Variants, Price, Colours | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Last edited by 0-100 : 17th July 2011 at 23:51.
0-100 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 01:01   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 View Post
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has been getting alot of attention lately and now we have got some exclusive information for you.
Personally I would wait for this car to be launched to believe whatever is written here. I would say there is too much contradiction to what we have been reading / hearing about this. But if it really comes, its nice I would say.

Some points which I could not really take

1. Power on Diesel version - its expected to be the same 75 bhp & not 80 bhp
2. Xenons
3. ARAI FE - 25.8 ? I read its going to be 24 for Diesel and 20 for petrol

But an AT would be great. Again why is it going to be only on VXi ? To control the price?

Could anyone let us know how reliable is Motorbeam scoops?
Old 18th July 2011, 08:44   #186
BHPian

Was an half page advt in the local newspaper today by MSIL , announcing that the new swift is just round the corner.There were jigsaw like pics just like the website.
Old 18th July 2011, 08:53   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Was an half page advt in the local newspaper today by MSIL , announcing that the new swift is just round the corner.There were jigsaw like pics just like the website.
Saw it in the Times of India as well.
I'm tempted to book it but I too am sceptical about a few things and want to see the car in flesh before deciding anything.
Old 18th July 2011, 08:54   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 View Post

New Maruti Swift 2011 Price
(on-road, Delhi) Swift ZXi Price – Rs. 6.8 lakhs
Swift ZDi Price – Rs. 7.6 lakhs
For other variants – Rs. 30,000/- more than the old Swift.

Source: New 2011 Maruti Swift Features, Variants, Price, Colours | MotorBeam
- Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

499072.45: Thats the price of Ritz ZXi ABS BSIV and they want 6.5lac for what? 1.5 lac between Ritz & Swift ?

Did the management of Suzuki and Ford smoke the same thing at some conference or meet?
Old 18th July 2011, 09:03   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Did the management of Suzuki and Ford smoke the same thing at some conference or meet?
this had me in splits for a while.
But seriously MSIL have to price the swift higher for 2 reasons - firstly the new swift is to be positioned higher than the ritz, and secondly if they wanna enter the i20/Jazz/Punto segment, they have to price it accordingly. Besides high pricing never affected the i20 and is even less likely to affect the swift. People are gonna buy it anyway.

The swift has many many things going for it but as you said 1.8 lacs is kinda high, but this seems more about brand status elevation than anything else. MSIL wants to be perceived as being able to manufacture cars for the masses as well as cars that arent built to a budget. If the new swift looks and feels as promised then people wouldnt mind paying the premium for it IMHO.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:21   #190
BHPian

+1 It pulls the Punto, POLO and i20 towards Swift if it is better built. If priced higher than Ritz, Ritz will sell more nos via rural markets.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:22   #191
BHPian

Anything above 7L for the top end diesel on road Bangalore would force me to think about other options. I also am disappointed with the choice of alloys and the not so impressive exterior looks.

The real plus point for me has been the Kizashi like dark interiors and the features on offer. I quite like it.

Does it have a MID like that of Punto or it only has the basic display Giving info about the total kms, trip meter and temperature.
muni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 09:29   #192
Team-BHP Support

I wouldn't care for the ZDi over 7 lakhs on road because:

1) I'll choose my own Alloys + tyres - 20 - 25k
2) I already have ICE from my previous car - 0k
3) The steering controls and all that is just ok.
4) Can start the car without the start / stop button. And it wouldn't be difficult to get Maruti genuine parts to install the start / stop button myself.
5) Climate control will be missed in the VDi. Any idea if it could be added to the VDi as a custom install taking parts from the ZDi bin?
6) Can do without the Electrically folding and adjustable ORVMS.
7) Already have an iPod connector on my HU.
8) I just hope they have the rear wash pipe + wiper and demister on the VDi. I'd really miss it in monsoons on the highways.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:30   #193
Senior - BHPian

Booked the car in March 2011. No word from dealer or anybody. No letter, no calls, no nothing.

Anybody from TN, please share.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:35   #194
BHPian

Check this... They have asked to contact your dealer.

Welcome to MARUTI SWIFT
Old 18th July 2011, 10:03   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
Anything above 7L for the top end diesel on road Bangalore would force me to think about other options. I also am disappointed with the choice of alloys and the not so impressive exterior looks.

The real plus point for me has been the Kizashi like dark interiors and the features on offer. I quite like it.

Does it have a MID like that of Punto or it only has the basic display Giving info about the total kms, trip meter and temperature.
+1

I quite like the fact that MSIL has managed to steer clear of the Indian market stereo types of beige interiors and 'dollops' of chrome. I appreciate that they have kept the same interior and exterior as that of the international version, despite the competition going the other way. Shows, the confidence they have in the 'Swift'. Now, if only they could have given a more 'neutral' alloy like in the UK.

Also, I like the preference given to cabin space over boot space and as someone posted, MSIL should consider the split seats for lower variants as well. Now, lets hope they price the car well. And MSIL, pls consider the VDi with ABS like before.

Refer the UK site for more details. I am sure the Indian market is getting a lot of those features. All New Suzuki Swift - Designed For Life

And the Autocar UK review of the car. It should give some pointers as to what to expect. Suzuki Swift - Autocar.co.uk
Closed Thread

Most Viewed