Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 10:49   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

The New Indian Swift Video from NDTV :

Maruti's new Swift arrives

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/new...o-story/207323

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 8th August 2011 at 10:51.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 12:52   #542
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Here are two teasers!

Can't wait for TBHP review!
Old 8th August 2011, 13:26   #543
Senior - BHPian

More pics from Overdrive:
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-1.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-2.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-3.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-4.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-5.jpg  

mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 13:39   #544
BHPian

1st Picture suggest that New Swift doesn't come with Dead pedal. Whats good to see it the Quality of interiors has improved. Maruti should at-least give Flip keys rather than the normal one.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:44   #545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Dont think if this has been shared here. All the specifications, variant wise features, pictures, functions etc are out - INDIA EXCLUSIVE: Details,specs,variant features of the new Maruti Swift! - Gaadi.com Blog
So the new Swift VDi gets the following that the outgoing model missed:
  • Electric ORVMs with indicator.
  • Keyless entry and security alarm.
  • Lane change indicator
  • A couple of reminders (key left, seat belt, etc)
  • More interior space.
  • An information display on the console.
If all the above equipment is confirmed on the VDi, then the price rise of 20-25k is justified.

Thanks for keeping the good old temperature gauge in there.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th August 2011 at 13:46.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 13:56   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
So the new Swift VDi gets the following that the outgoing model missed:
  • Electric ORVMs with indicator.
  • Keyless entry and security alarm.
  • Lane change indicator
  • A couple of reminders (key left, seat belt, etc)
  • More interior space.
  • An information display on the console.
If all the above equipment is confirmed on the VDi, then the price rise of 20-25k is justified.

Thanks for keeping the good old temperature gauge in there.
Yes, the above mentioned equipment is confirmed - I typed the stuff from the brochure
Old 8th August 2011, 13:58   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, the above mentioned equipment is confirmed - I typed the stuff from the brochure
Awesome, I see some amount of VFM in the Swift now. Thanks a bunch for the detailed info. Did you put up your driving impressions somewhere?
Old 8th August 2011, 14:03   #548
BHPian

By when shall we see the Dzire(d) version of the new Swift? There seems to be no news as of now from MSIL on launching the sedan.
8L+ for the ZDi seems little tad too high since that will put it right bang in the middle of the Sedan segment. What pricing can one then expect for the Dzire ZDI? 10L? Dont think there will be too many takers for such prices then.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:04   #549
BHPian

Quote:
They are still leaving out the rear defogger/wiper out on the VXi and VDi which is inexplicable. To make it worse, no ABS option too. The V and L trims from a safety standpoint are poorly equipped.

They could have done away with the electric OVRMs and turn indicators on the OVRMs and rather provided the above two features atleast in the VXi/VDi.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:11   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
+1 to that! Had tried to touch 160 on the expressway long time ago but just cudn't manage it. If i remember correctly 155kmph was the max i could touch before i slowed down as i did not feel that confident.
Btw, according to initial reviews the new Swift in its diesel avatar is not as punchy as before. Eagerly awaiting for the Official Team-bhp review though!
I'm quite surprised! I have a dzire Diesel and I have touched 160 on every long drive that I have been! Must be atleast 10 times in the last 3 years.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:12   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
They are still leaving out the rear defogger/wiper out on the VXi and VDi which is inexplicable. To make it worse, no ABS option too. The V and L trims from a safety standpoint are poorly equipped.

They could have done away with the electric OVRMs and turn indicators on the OVRMs and rather provided the above two features atleast in the VXi/VDi.
+1. They should have started offering the safety devices at least as options from the base variant. These are much more important than the cosmetic equipments.

Edit:: The new Swift is going to create a bigger gap with Figo & Beat Ds; and the yet to come Liva D. Lets see how the competition benefits out of these.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th August 2011 at 14:15.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:14   #552
BHPian

The information display will display fuel consumption too.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:25   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
+1. They should have started offering the safety devices at least as options from the base variant. These are much more important than the cosmetic equipments.

Edit:: The new Swift is going to create a bigger gap with Figo & Beat Ds; and the yet to come Liva D. Lets see how the competition benefits out of these.
Tilt steering option on the LXi/LDi is another feature which could have been excluded for the defogger or ABS.

The next few months should make it clear how things stand in this highly competitive hatch segment. 40K bookings before launch for Swift is something even Toyota would not be able to match with the Liva. The atrocious interiors of the Liva will not help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
The information display will display fuel consumption too.
There should be a toggle option to display various types of information - distance to empty, instantaneous FE, overall FE, avg. speed, etc. I hope Maruti won't disappoint us here.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 8th August 2011 at 14:27.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:31   #554
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the additional features in VDI , it would have been better had MSIL given Integrated Audio System as standard, Airbags as Optional since VDI should most probably sell more than other variants IMO .
Old 8th August 2011, 14:37   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are specs from IAB.
New Maruti Swift specifications revealed
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-new_maruti_swift_specifications1.jpg  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-new_maruti_swift_variants1.jpg  

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th August 2011 at 14:48.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks