Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:49   #1021
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
And the accessory kit for 8K on the Jazz X is for the spoiler and fog lamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
The 8k is for the spoiler and front grill and are mandatory with the X.
But if you look at the feature list for Jazz X, the above mentioned are already part of Jazz X list. So, why are they charging more/extra for that? Instead, they can add this to ex-showroom price, right? There seems to be something more than what we are saying here.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:55   #1022
BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
You said it Raven, the UT is a very classy shade on the Jazz and the beige interiors gelled well with it. The chrome on the front is more palatable on UT than Red, but the one on the back is a total eyesore..would make sense to go for the base model mesh grill or the sporty one of the X.

Cheers
Uday
That is where the problem lies. I cannot go for the base as i need the reclineable seats. My parents sat on the standard position and found it too upright. However, the reclined position was comfortable.

On the x, the blue black interiors as well as the gunmetal alloys i think will not look good.

Currently my options are:

1. got for UT select, get used to the chrome overdose. like you say uday, the front doesnt look that bad.

2. go for the white x.

Will wait to see both the cars/pics before deciding. One of the dealers in Mumbai said the white X should be on display with them tomorrow.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:08   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT:Leaked Brochure Pics of new Jazz on Pg

Quote:
That is where the problem lies. I cannot go for the base as i need the reclineable seats. My parents sat on the standard position and found it too upright. However, the reclined position was comfortable.

On the x, the blue black interiors as well as the gunmetal alloys i think will not look good.

1. got for UT select, get used to the chrome overdose. like you say uday, the front doesnt look that bad.

2. go for the white x.

Will wait to see both the cars/pics before deciding. One of the dealers in Mumbai said the white X should be on display with them tomorrow.
Check out the Tafeta White X when it's available, and go with that, IMO. It comes loaded (including the recline-able seats), the sporty alloys will stand out with the white, and the interior blue-black combo will go really well with the Tafeta White exterior. Not to mention you get a few extra features as well - powered ORVMs, seat-height adjust, fog lamps, etc.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:10   #1024
BHPian

Quote:

2. go for the white x.

Would suggest you go for the Jazz-X and get some beige seat covers/ door pads. IMHO, the gun metal alloys may actually look better on the UT shade...:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
But if you look at the feature list for Jazz X, the above mentioned are already part of Jazz X list. So, why are they charging more/extra for that? Instead, they can add this to ex-showroom price, right? There seems to be something more than what we are saying here.
Not sure Selective, IIRC, even the earlier Jazz Select / X variants had something like this, though some of the features were mentioned as standard, they were actually received as a bundle by the Dealer who would then fix them up. I recollect a few posts here as well as on the Honda FB page, where folks had asked why there was a delay in getting their Select kit etc.

Cheers,
Uday
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:18   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Check out the Tafeta White X when it's available, and go with that, IMO. It comes loaded (including the recline-able seats), the sporty alloys will stand out with the white, and the interior blue-black combo will go really well with the Tafeta White exterior. Not to mention you get a few extra features as well - powered ORVMs, seat-height adjust, fog lamps, etc.
Quote:
Would suggest you go for the Jazz-X and get some beige seat covers/ door pads. IMHO, the gun metal alloys may actually look better on the UT shade...:-)

Uday
Initially that was the idea. Go with the White X. Had almost booked it before i saw your post yesterday about the UT shade. It looked really classy and made me think about switching from white.

The extra features for X, the only thing that interests me is the driver height adjust. The powered OVRMs is good to have. I would rather take the select, and use the 35k saved to get leather interiors.

My mood is currently swinging like the stock market Only a look at the cars will decide!

What colour/model are the other members who are booking planning to choose?
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:25   #1026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not OT, IMO.

I am thinking of the X with the UT shade as well. Should look pretty classy with those wonderful matching sporty alloys.

As for the interiors, a nice set of cream-colored dual tone leather seat covers should do the trick. (you can tell I am avoiding the chrome dose and the biege) Although I can live with the blue-black interiors for a while.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:49   #1027
BHPian

Spoke with 2 dealers today and only the Red Select model has come for the display. The delivery waiting period would be 3-4 weeks, and 25k is the booking amount.

As per my dealer, I am the first in the booking, If ok, I can get the jazz by this month end, but I strictly told him, need to see Red, Black and UT in flesh to decide
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:54   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Hey, Congrats on booking Jazz. Could you please confirm the booking amount? Is it 50k or 1lac with Whitefield Honda? Magnum is demanding 1 lac from me.
The booking amount was 50K.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:55   #1029
BHPian

Quote:

My mood is currently swinging like the stock market Only a look at the cars will decide!

UT in the X variant. Ideally, would have gone for the Select if it had the Driver's height adjust. If the UT does not look that great, will probably switch to silver.
why did the sapphire blue get discontinued!

Edit: Needed to ask others if they are specifically asking for Michelin tyres. Are these tyres actually better than MRF/Goodyear or its a nice to have ?

Last edited by sraye : 22nd August 2011 at 17:03. Reason: Added a query
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:03   #1030
BHPian

It's either the UT or the White for me. I just hope it does not add to the waiting.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:07   #1031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
UT in the X variant. Ideally, would have gone for the Select if it had the Driver's height adjust. If the UT does not look that great, will probably switch to silver.
why did the sapphire blue get discontinued!

Edit: Needed to ask others if they are specifically asking for Michelin tyres. Are these tyres actually better than MRF/Goodyear or its a nice to have ?
I'm actually thrilled that they have discontinued the colour. At least now, the owners of the previous Jazz (in this colour) can feel a little relieved. It's a very special colour and looks fabulous.

Here is a link on our Jazz that we'd picked up a year ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1806562

EDIT: The Michelins are much better. Go for them!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd August 2011 at 17:13.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:15   #1032
BHPian

I am going for the Jazz X and it comes only with the Blue and Black interiors. I was initially planning for UT and after find out the interior colors, am going for the Silver color. But I have kept the option of changing colors if needed.

The Red on Honda City is quite good. If only they had given the same Red on the jazz too!
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:35   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Michelins are the best for smooth, even roads. Tyre noise is minimal, riding comfort increases a lot, and the car stays planted very well due to the width.

Rough, uneven roads demand rugged tyres. Michelins are too soft for these.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:39   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Hey, Congrats on booking Jazz. Could you please confirm the booking amount? Is it 50k or 1lac with Whitefield Honda? Magnum is demanding 1 lac from me.
Magnum Honda demands 1 lakh ( seems policy of dealer!) and White fied Honda (whitefield road) asks 50K if cheque payment and 30K if by credit card.

On enquiring the 8K for Kit-accessories they say it consists of the rear spoiler only!

Cheers!
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:03   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Magnum Honda demands 1 lakh ( seems policy of dealer!) and White fied Honda (whitefield road) asks 50K if cheque payment and 30K if by credit card.

On enquiring the 8K for Kit-accessories they say it consists of the rear spoiler only!

Cheers!
The difference between select and X varient is mainly spoiler, fog lamps, blue-black interiors and smoked alloys. These features are covered in ex- showroom price differences of variants. Then what is this standard fitment and an additional cost of 8k? Contention that it is for spoiler is not going well with me. If that's the case spoiler would not have been present in the X variant when Honda launched it and ex showroom prices announced.

Last edited by Aravindpn : 22nd August 2011 at 18:09.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks