Team-BHP - Chevy Aveo Sedan Launched in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevy Aveo Sedan Launched in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10476-chevy-aveo-sedan-launched-india-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Agreed, white and silver cars are very easy to miss, but i do have a keen eye for cars ;)
I havent even noticed any white Fiesta with a yellow number-plate, or even a single one on the Noida or Gurgaon route - where have all these fiestas disappeared ??

And I thought tourist taxi operators used to like Ikons and Lancers, besides the fleet of Indigos - since when did Fiesta become their new favourite ?

If you are so eager to see white Fiestas, just stand outside the gate of some Hotel (like Hyatt, Taj, Oberoi etc.), and take a look at those white cars whose rear seems a lot like Merc C class, look carefully, and read the words engraved.. and you will be surprised to know that its a Ford Fiesta TDCi.

Sorry that was post #8 by srekaranrao.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I see few Fiestas. Seen more of them than all the Petras & Sienas combined...:lol

Hi All !!

Siena / Petra suffered due to FIAT's inadequate support otherwise a brilliant all-round package and now with the TATA FIAT merger, a practical choice too.
As someone also mentioned in this post that GM's service costs are high ... FIAT's service and maintenance costs are less than other comparable brands like GM, Fords and also Honda.

Are Chevrolet also launching the hatchback version of the Aveo?..if I'm not mistaken,I saw the Aveo hatchback picture in Autocar India a couple of months back.

-sr

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
If you are so eager to see white Fiestas, just stand outside the gate of some Hotel (like Hyatt, Taj, Oberoi etc.), and take a look at those white cars whose rear seems a lot like Merc C class, look carefully, and read the words engraved.. and you will be surprised to know that its a Ford Fiesta TDCi.

hmmm ... think i'll keep my eyes peeled open next time i am around any of these hotels
though i find it very easy to spot a fiesta tail from a merc's - no matter how hard ford tries to copy them ;)

btw - why does any decently affordable diesel have to turn into a taxicab - would hate to own a car which is more popular as a taxi than a car :mad:

Fiesta first and Aveo now. Looks like the AMerican Manufacturers are here to stay.

But they didnt come from America. Fiesta came from UK and Aveo came from Korea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
But they didnt come from America. Fiesta came from UK and Aveo came from Korea.

I am talking about the companies. Ford and GM. The big three(read that as Ford,Chrysler and GM) have been in big trouble recently with sales with only Chrysler posting a higher profit.

Found a link on the new Aveo.....the specifications look interesting....what is to be seen is the performance and the price in india
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...evrolet/1.html

Havent had the chance to check out the aveo as yet. but im definitely waitin for the SRV which seems like a good buy.

I see a lotta fiestas on delhi roads, they have really picked up the sales, infact as satish rightly said, i have seen more fiestas than siennas and petras combined!

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche
I see a lotta fiestas on delhi roads, they have really picked up the sales, infact as satish rightly said, i have seen more fiestas than siennas and petras combined!

Delivery was an issue in the initial stages which is why there were so few visible. I think we'll see a lot more of them in the coming weeks now that deliveries have improved. That way the mystery of the missing Fiesta's will be solved;)

:OT By the way, saw a sexy Lancer with the autopsyche website ad y'day morning parked at a gate between the IIT & Panchsheel flyovers - is that yours??? Lovely machine

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002?
Found a link on the new Aveo.....the specifications look interesting....what is to be seen is the performance and the price in india
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...evrolet/1.html

Looks are indeed are very good. This car can blow away IKON and Accent. Somewhat the honda city also. Aveo looks are more acceptable than the current city. May be the price too.

Like some one said it is like a baby optra. cute!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Looks are indeed are very good. This car can blow away IKON and Accent. Somewhat the honda city also. Aveo looks are more acceptable than the current city. May be the price too.

Like some one said it is like a baby optra. cute!

it does indeed look like a baby optra from the front
the back and side seem to be inspired from the fiesta though - especially with the taillights and the wheel arches

and the specs show it to be as long as the NHC (longer than the baleno, fiesta) and much wider too - so there should be no problems of space the corsa was plagued with

what would be the expecting price of this Aveo sedan?

Monday morning there was an ad campaign shoot going on the new road at reclamation - bandra.
there were 2 Aveo's. Size must be similar to that of the Fiesta and the color was copper.