Team-BHP - Chevy Aveo Sedan Launched in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevy Aveo Sedan Launched in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10476-chevy-aveo-sedan-launched-india-8.html)

Well, the base price is already 50K cheaper than Fiesta and it more of a looker than the Ford.

But, I'll hold off my comments till I see the interior. Any interior pics yet?

Quote:

But still waiting for the hatch...
Anyone going for the test drive do ask them about the hatch launch...
Hatch is 2 months away from what the dealer told me and the SRV is 6 months away.

Quote:

Any interior pics yet?

Fiesta Base is 5.70 delhi ex showroom. and it also have ac in it. so more like the base Aveo is 5.74 ac one. Looks are gr8and stunning. agree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Well, the base price is already 50K cheaper than Fiesta and it more of a looker than the Ford.

But, I'll hold off my comments till I see the interior. Any interior pics yet?

Wow, looks hot.

Nothing like the US market AVeo we are getting. Thanks for the gyan abhibh, I didnt think they offer any C seg cars w/o AC.

Ya, Dunno what GM is thinking launching a car for rs 5.5 lac without ac.

:OT
Also i was just getting a thought why are they selling 1.4l with 94 PS power. and guess what. Out of 100 people only 20 will go for 1.6 and rest 80 wil buy 1.4 (as per opel corsa 1.4 and 1.6 figures). So they much be thinking why not give more power in 1.4 :Shockked:

Will provide more details tom after the test drive if its available with dealer. :I Rule:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Wow, looks hot.

Nothing like the US market AVeo we are getting. Thanks for the gyan abhibh, I didnt think they offer any C seg cars w/o AC.

saw a orange(the same colour which is available for fiesta as well) aveo sedan on the way to gurgaon.the car looked stunning and the width of the car was huge.it definitely attracts a second glance compared to a fiesta.also it had bold stickers on the side which read "demo car".so i presume that gm has started its test drives and the car is already available in the showrooms.

It is surprising how little interest this car has generated, even though its priced per expectations and looks good. At 6.85 ex showroom you walk away with Optra engine, its quite a steal! Fiesta 1.6 will have nice competition!

reallyn cant understand the logic behind releasing a car priced at 5.5 without an AC !!!lol:

Anyways the base model will only be available from Aug 06.

Also, ABS, Air+Bags are optional in top end and will cost more...

i saw a black one in town already delivered to a client i guess. saw another 2 in national garage. looks aright if cheaper than fiesta i guess it should sell nice for sure. no sunroof in LT :(

Got this info from a friend of mine who took a test drive yesterday. The interiors really rock and the car in 1.4 Ltr variant isnt as fun to drive as the 1.4 Fiesta.

Looks like i better get myself a test drive .

Hi... Test Drove the Aveo 1.4 LS yesterday.. The car is too good to resist... The front seats are very comfortable and makes you feel like a king. Although, the rear seat leg room was not that convincing. There are some issues related to the pricing (which, I hope, includes MP3 player).. The car is a steal... I read some people talking about the AC. I have been told that the base model has AC but NOT HEATER...... I tihnkn this is fine. If they have to make the base model affordable then it just works out fine.

you guys are still posting the replies of spotting the Aveo!

all 3 chevy cars regularly comes to my colony (in delhi).
actually a person here works for GM and he used to bring cars from office to home!
these are the same cars which are on test-drive since eternity, roaming the streets of delhi in a so-called and much-tried but all in vain disguise of black-white chequered flag!
what a unique way to propogate about your product!

to me the hatchback never appealed, coz once he brought the commercial model too, but still then, it looked outdated!

the notchback, AVEO sedan, is the car i am waiting for in the evenings! it really looks big, much in the league of NHC. once i saw its interiors too, looked quite spacious, but then with all those wires and instruments scattered all over i couldnot figure out the actual space. and the boot is too huuuggge!
what i liked most about the Aveo is its ride. when he just cruises over the smoothened speed-breakers of our colony, without using the brakes at all, car's shell doesnot shows any sign of movement (!!) while the suspension travels quite a bit up and down but car never lost its composure! very similar to the way Corsa glides over the rumblestrip-speedbreakers in the ageold TV commercial !!

and the SRV, he brought a blue coloured one. not upto my liking. but it is also giving the impression of a big car. seems to be quite spacious from inside.

now, i am also hoping for all 3 cars to arrive in delhi showrooms soon. so that i can take a test drive of Aveo and SRV !

GM will sell everything as extreme VFM till they get a good reputation..

my optra is excellent, cud'nt have asked for more
ya the engine isnt peppy, but i dont race on the roads either

Just go to google, select 'News', and search for General Motors.

It is hard to imagine that we are even discussing a GM product here. Whatever the virtues of the car might be, they have to be put in perspective of the business scenario developing at GM. Remember the Matiz/Cielo..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipul_singh
It is hard to imagine that we are even discussing a GM product here. Whatever the virtues of the car might be, they have to be put in perspective of the business scenario developing at GM. Remember the Matiz/Cielo..?

(Sigh) With $10.6 Bn losses, surgery is inevitable... With US Govt refusing to bail them out, I'm convinced GM will end up in Toyota's stomach and Ford in Honda's... Tora! Tora! Tora!