Team-BHP - Chevy Aveo Sedan Launched in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevy Aveo Sedan Launched in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10476-chevy-aveo-sedan-launched-india-4.html)

The Aveo here does not have the Optra front end. Must say the Indian version looks much better then the North American one. I don't think the Aveo is going to sell much even as the hatcback. It's a pretty boring car.

Aveo received a measily 2 stars in the NCAP safety test

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat

can you provide source?
Because I did some quick internet search & I failed to see 2 stars

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit
Must say the Indian version looks much better then the North American one. I don't think the Aveo is going to sell much even as the hatcback.

The sedan version is European one while hatchback version is American one
Exellent strategy by GM :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat

That crazy!!... must tell a couple of my friends who are waiting to buy that!

Slightly Off topic :OT but read somewhere that our OHC had also failed all safety tests and was denied permission to be sold in the EU and USA Which is why this vesion was only sold in Asia..... is that true??

Gents

Dont get too excited...the Aveo may be new in India but its one big yaaawn to drive. Not very different from the Indigo in terms of size (not quality of plastics, et al), but over the years it has evolved into a decent looking car from the ugly box that it once was. They've done some nice treatment on the front grille, headlamps and rear fenders to make it look slightly muscular and the overall look of the car is now (2006 model) pretty good - the boot doesnt look like it was an afterthought as it is in the Indigo and City.

You can see what it looks like HERE

and download a TV commercial HERE

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100
That crazy!!... must tell a couple of my friends who are waiting to buy that!

Let him provide source first

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33
Let him provide source first

You can always check out the Euro NCAP site yourself....see this LINK - though I believe this is really an unofficial Euro Trade Barrier more than anything else.

Detailed report can be downloaded from HERE

has anybody actually driven these cars? I have seen them here but Indian cars may differ in characteristics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
has anybody actually driven these cars? I have seen them here but Indian cars may differ in characteristics.

I have driven the Aveo 1.4 here. Very, very basic model though they do have some high-end models with jazzy (yeah as in Disco Dancer jazzy) interiors.

Its the pizza delivery vehicle of choice along with the Accent and the Kia Rio.

spotted the Optra SRV testing vehicle today near MIT college... sounded good and looked good even with the chequered camouflage. no pics :( though.

PS: i dont understand why the vehicle is camouflaged even after it has already been shown off ( yeah.. i doubt saying launched.. ) to the public

of the four pages of review 80% talks about fiesta. Now whos winning !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kashd
of the four pages of review 80% talks about fiesta. Now whos winning !!!!

That time will tell. I am so sure its going to be a tough battle :Cheering:

The only reason Fiesta is winning is that its better amongst the two we have here. The sub 6.5 lakh segment has very very few new cars. Most cars that compete in this territory are dated, like Baleno, Petra, Accent, Indigo, so therefore Fiesta doesnt have much competition. On the other hand if MUL had brought a hugely redesigned Baleno with contemporary interiors, than Baleno would have given Fiesta a run for the money, however Maruti just changed the friggin lights on the new baleno. I guess till the new Accent comes, things are looking dud in this segment. Lets wait and see what future has in store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
On the other hand if MUL had brought a hugely redesigned Baleno with contemporary interiors, than Baleno would have given Fiesta a run for the money, however Maruti just changed the friggin lights on the new baleno.

Unless MUL brings out the Liana which is an Indigo with an Ikon boot.