Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 11:03   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!

I love the new design philosophy from Hyundai - and the Eon personifies that. Brilliant styling/packaging! Who said entry-level cars should be multiple generations old, eh ?!
Old 24th September 2011, 11:05   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm at the local Hyundai dealer workshop(came for some repairs on my Santro) and have enquired about Eon.According to the owner,the cars are expected to arrive in 1st week of October,around 5th before the actual launch.I'm not sure if this has to be believed but if it is true,i hope to see it in flesh sooner than i expected.
Old 24th September 2011, 11:23   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
They were until a few years back but I can see that attitude of Maruti-Suzuki changing in the recent past. Starting from the Swift, they started bringing in newer models to India unlike the decade old models they were selling previously. But, in Alto's case, it is still true. They are still pushing the model which came in 2002. The Eon will surely force Maruti to take some measures in improving the Alto.
I agree you to some extend. But then Maruti could have bring the complete package of Swift (with engine start-stop button, Bluetooth, etc. - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2431461) here when they charge a premium for it.

Hyundai did it almost with i20 but sans Distance to empty, Real time mileage and ESP. But All New Verna is a game changer. Hope the upcoming i20 too will boast all missing features stated above.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 24th September 2011, 12:08   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I love the new design philosophy from Hyundai - and the Eon personifies that. Brilliant styling/packaging! Who said entry-level cars should be multiple generations old, eh ?!
You nailed it sir. If the Eon is launched at the expected price of 2.5 - 3.5 Lacs, the Alto should well and truly run for cover. My only worry is, just like the all-new Verna, Hyundai would most probably not have enough capacity to build as much Eons as needed and again, we would be looking at a waiting list extending for months together. If the Verna (at that price point) can garner 25000 bookings in the first few days, I can only imagine the flutter the Eon is going to create at Hyundai dealerships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I agree you to some extend. But then Maruti could have bring the complete package of Swift (with engine start-stop button, Bluetooth, etc. here when they charge a premium for it.

Hyundai did it almost with i20 but sans Distance to empty, Real time mileage and ESP. But All New Verna is a game changer. Hope the upcoming i20 too will boast all missing features stated above.

Cheers!

Vinu
In terms of loading their models with features and forcing the competition to up their ante, there is absolutely noone to beat Hyundai. We saw it with the i10, the i20, the new Verna and I am sure that the Eon is going to set benchmarks for features offered in the A segment. I love this competition and we the customers are the ultimate winners here.
Old 24th September 2011, 17:49   #200
Senior - BHPian

This is real 'shock and awe' from Hyundai, just by the looks people will be prepared to spend a little extra and go for this instead of Maruti. Compared to this Maruti models look jaded and tired. I really don't know if this will be able to compete with Alto, but rest of the Maruti "Tupperware" better "beware".
Old 24th September 2011, 23:32   #201
Senior - BHPian

Shes quite the looker and if the real thing is as good to the touch as it is to the eye then Hyundai should have another winner on their hands.
Old 25th September 2011, 09:10   #202
BHPian

This may be a real game changer for Hyundai in the small car segment and might eat away all Alto in long run. Unless MSIL comes up with a facelift, it would be difficult to survive and this should not be any normal facelift. They have to really work upon the design aspect and the interiors + quality.

However coming to the EON, the kind of interiors that Hyundai is providing in this car I don't think this would be ranged anywhere near 2.5 - 3 Lac segment. As always the prices of Hyundai products are on the upper side, this might also come in the rage of 3.5 Lac+ segment.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-eon-main-_f4v9800_590-x-298.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-imag0272-1024-x-768.jpg  

ankurvirmani19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 09:26   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86
Here are the clearest and the closest shots yet of the soon-to-be-launched Hyundai Eon.
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundai-eon-4.jpg
Thanks for the pictures arvi86. Wow! This looks a class act from Hyundai. Inside out, the Eon doesn't feel like a budget hatch at all.

I think Hyundai will pull the plug on the age old Santro. Why would anyone buy the age old Santro if the Eon is priced well? Secondly, Hyundai can very well do with more volume if the rumoured pricing of the Eon are true. The Eon will sell like hot cakes and freeing up the Santro assembly lane will help Hyundai to bump up the production capacity for the Eon.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 09:30   #204
Senior - BHPian

WOW ! Those interiors are super good !! The car is styled well too.

But I think this could be the Santro replacement ...not a segment lower. If this is priced at 2.75 L ex-showroom - Hyundai sales will skyrocket !!

Let's hope it is under 3 L.
Old 25th September 2011, 09:36   #205
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Watta change in design strategy by Hyundai.
From tall box Santro (ugly for many) to Smart from all angles - Accent to ultra sporty i20/ Fluidic and now we have the EON..

I think its a Diwali launch, cars are coming to dealers around the 1st week of Oct for training purpose.

IMO, the final price is gonna be around 3.25 with one model below 3, may be without PS and PW.
Santro is still selling and i10 is priced around 4, i wonder what they are gonna do.
Old 25th September 2011, 09:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

I liked the interiors and the overall package and if priced right Hyundai is going to have a trump car up its sleeves. Maruti Alto/K10 and Spark take cover from the Eon onslaught & Hyundai is going to laugh Ha!
The highly flared front and rear wheel arches are the only sore points.

Last edited by rajeev k : 25th September 2011 at 09:41.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:22   #207
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai should be more worried about the cannibalization of i10 if eon is priced in the 2.5 - 3 Lac band. This car looks much better in all angles and the interior also belongs to two segments higher. People who are looking for a good city hatch will flock to this car from one or two segment higher.
Alto can come nowhere close to this.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:59   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Hyundai should be more worried about the cannibalization of i10 if eon is priced in the 2.5 - 3 Lac band. This car looks much better in all angles and the interior also belongs to two segments higher. People who are looking for a good city hatch will flock to this car from one or two segment higher.
Alto can come nowhere close to this.
+1; I feel this is a great car from Hyundai. This will definitely eat into santro and i10 to a great extent and less of alto, purely because people who consider a maruti do so for other reasons than just the car especially in the alto segment. So in my estimate it is the other Hyundai siblings that need to worry more.
Old 25th September 2011, 11:06   #209
BHPian

I have paid an advance of Rs.5000 to the new "V3 Hyundai" dealership in Chennai. I am apparently #3 on the list and they expect to start deliveries on October 13th. This is not a formal booking, but more of an advance to get onto the list.

Anybody else booked this car yet?
Old 25th September 2011, 11:13   #210
Senior - BHPian

If the interiors turn out anything close to the pictures shown above, then Hyundai have made an entry level car that looks good enough, both inside and out, to compete in the segment above it. Goes to show that entry level cars need not be dour and unimaginative. And Hyundai, when is that 1.1 CRDi coming to our shores?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks