Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2011, 19:07   #61

Re: For Bangalore BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" session on Sunday, 18th

Is there going to be something new? been driving for donkeys years, is it still worth it?
Old 8th September 2011, 21:14   #62
BHPian

Re: For Bangalore BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" session on Sunday, 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
50 Bhpians would mean 50 cars ! Parking will be a problem for sure .
Sure it is! Parking slots might be available around the nearby streets, but I guess 50 cars might create instant mayhem. Possible alternative would be carpool. 10 cars x 5 people would be sensible. I know it's a wishful thinking and everyone is eager to see each others car

Last edited by doxinboy : 8th September 2011 at 21:43.
Old 8th September 2011, 21:48   #63
BHPian

Keep us updated regarding the schedule for other cities (read Delhi). It would be worth attending this.
Old 8th September 2011, 21:52   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Cool. Should be fun to meet fellow BHPians at this event. And a very very very good initiative by ford.
Old 8th September 2011, 22:13   #65
BHPian

Got mail from GTO. Very Happy.

Any BHPians from Kerala planning to drive on 17th late afternoon to B'lore & to come back on Sunday night pls PM me.
Old 8th September 2011, 22:45   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Registrations closed And we're over capacity in 48 hours of putting this thread up.

I hope all of you learn from Ford's DSFL program, and find it informative. Do put up a detailed report for the rest of us.

Here's to safe driving.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 22:52   #67
BHPian

Thanks to Ford, TBHP and GTO.

@GTO, guess I am the 50th to get registered Feel lucky to get through. Looking forward to this event.
Old 8th September 2011, 23:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Done & confirmed. We had two registrations in the first 5 minutes of this thread going up

Ford india is also having a DSFL India tour in 5 cities starting in Bangalore and then moving to Mumbai, Delhi, Chandigarh and Chennai every week.
Oy! How about including GOA in the schedule? Paradise has its devils posing as drivers here! HELP FORD! You'd make many Goan Pedestrians a happier lot!
Old 8th September 2011, 23:53   #69
BHPian

Just saw the email from GTO. I am in

Parking on St.Marks road might be a problem. I guess, I can park in UB City and walk to the venue.
Old 9th September 2011, 01:23   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Now here's a company that does take "Corporate Social Responsibility" seriously. Excellent initiative by Ford. It would be great help if the powerpoint presentation is available to rest of the bhpians who are unable to attend the event.
Nice. With all respect to TBHP organisers - But why are such programs only targeted at moneyed English speaking consumers? As if the Aam Junta in India like cab drivers and Bus/truck drivers and rickshaw wallahs speak English. In fact I am dead certain they are not welcome at such events. This is all about self marketing - getting eyeballs with some well placed PR articles in magazines and media after its over.

If the corporates are serious they should organize such events at RTOs for all DL applicants in collaboration with RTO staff on a weekly basis (NGO ground worker style). Time for them to put the money where it matters rather than just make appropriate noises with some clever marketing strategy as a hidden motive. They will probably ask participants to fill-in a questionnaire to judge the number of prospective Ford customers.

I am posting this so that somebody can volunteer to ask this embarrassing question in the Q&A tomorrow. Lets watch how they fumble and squirm before responding with a "we'll get back to you on that one ..."

--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 9th September 2011 at 01:31.
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 04:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

I hope a similar event in aamchi Mumbai is on the cards in the near future.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 9th September 2011 at 04:20. Reason: Aamchi Mumbai?
Old 9th September 2011, 08:01   #72
BHPian

ALL THE BEST for the Meet, i hope you guys enjoy the session and post some memorable pictures of the meet @ India Garage. According to me driving skills needs to be updated every day, since new challenges emerge with increasing traffic, signalling and new technology emerging.
Old 9th September 2011, 08:14   #73
BHPian

I am in too. Got the confirmation last night.

Since parking will be a definite problem, I was also thinking of carpool.
Anyone going from East Bangalore - Banaswadi, Kammanahalli, Kalyan nagar, etc. ?
Old 9th September 2011, 08:45   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover View Post
Is there going to be something new? been driving for donkeys years, is it still worth it?
We all know what we must do (on the road) But do we do what we already know?

I believe these trainings help in brushing up long forgotten basics alongwith giving us simple techniques to share the road in a better way.
Old 9th September 2011, 15:15   #75
BHPian

I am confirmed for the same too.

I think we can plan breakfast at Koshy's and then head to the Venue. What say guys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks