Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2012, 10:52   #436
gemi_kk

Re: Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
I will try it tomorrow but I have one more question.How to fast forward the song being played?
In most of electronics, The button used to change the track itself would be used to fast forward the song too. Try holding the button for longer period around 3-5 seconds. It will fast forward the song.
It should work as we are trying the same formula of electronics, unless fiat messed with it. Try it and update us.

Old 25th October 2012, 12:01   #437
BHPian

Quote:
I will try it tomorrow but I have one more question.How to fast forward the song being played?
If you're using the stock system including B&M you wouldn't be able to FF whilst playing off the USB.
Old 25th October 2012, 17:44   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
1.I am not sure about MP3 disc but you can try this. On the right side of the head unit there is a round button with direction keys as icons indication 'up, down, left, right'. Try hitting one of these to see of it changes folder.

2.For usb, using the steering wheel controls, press MAIN, go to MEDIA PLAYER - hit OK on the steering wheel, scroll to USB OPTIONS - hit OK, and scroll through the list till you find FOLDERS, hit OK and you should find all folders in the usb drive. Hit OK again and it should ask you if you want to PLAY ALL or just scroll through the list of songs in the folder and hit OK if you wish to listen to a particular track in the folder.
1.No.those keys do not change folders.
2.When I press MAIN on steering controls the 'female voice' tells me that no BT phone is connected.She is right because I have not paired any phone with my Linea's Blue n Me.I dont get any thing else apart from her voice.
Do I have to pair my phone 1st to get to 'USB options' and rest?

@teky;- You are right.So far I have tried all what I could but did not find this function.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 25th October 2012 at 17:45.
Old 25th October 2012, 20:31   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me get back to you on this. I have not tried this myself with a mp3 cd. They work for a audio cd.

Quote:
No. MAIN is supposed to bring up the Blue N Me menu on the multi information display. This should not work different for you. I don't understand how the voice recognition system is being called up when you hit MAIN. Voice recognition comes only when I hit the Windows logo button on my steering wheel.
Old 25th October 2012, 20:32   #440
BHPian

Quote:
2.When I press MAIN on steering controls the 'female voice' tells me that no BT phone is connected.She is right because I have not paired any phone with my Linea's Blue n Me.I dont get any thing else apart from her voice.

@teky;- You are right.So far I have tried all what I could but did not find this function.
press the windows button, and say out loud 'Folders' you have to be very clear 'F' should sound like 'F' otherwise it switches to loop on/off you can similarly say "artists' etc. and it should open 'Folders' after that you have to use up/down key to select folders. I guess in the new MS blue and me like ford ecosport you can even say what song to play.

@sandeepmohan buddy i guess main button is the 'Phone' icon, it actually brings 'last calls' so it searches for connection...

Last edited by Mindgrinder : 25th October 2012 at 20:33.
Old 31st October 2012, 16:05   #441
BHPian

Slightly off topic, but a point to ponder upon.

The Fiat Linea might not have attracted huge crowds here in India, but in its home market (which weirdly is Turkey) it has consistently been a top performer. Since its launch in 2007, it has always been the best seller there. This just shows what an epic oppurtunity lost by Fiat India. Have a look.

Here is an interesting quote that never could become a reality in India

"while the Fiat Linea enjoys its 7th month in a row in pole position thanks to 2,375 sales and 5.8%, reinforcing its 2012 leadership at 20,956 units and 6.3%"

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/category/turkey/
rohittunga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 17:45   #442
BHPian

Quote:
For usb, using the steering wheel controls, press MAIN, go to MEDIA PLAYER - hit OK on the steering wheel, scroll to USB OPTIONS - hit OK, and scroll through the list till you find FOLDERS, hit OK and you should find all folders in the usb drive. Hit OK again and it should ask you if you want to PLAY ALL or just scroll through the list of songs in the folder and hit OK if you wish to listen to a particular track in the folder.
Update!
I did tried it out in my car, but the options were in this sequence

Main>>Media Player>> Settings>> Loop on/OFF

At this point I think I cant recall whether the "loop on /off" toggle was named differently, will do another update :P. but the sequence is true for my car, may be updated version ? or not mine is linea 2011 Feb build (according to vin no).
Old 31st October 2012, 22:02   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saargoga View Post
but the sequence is true for my car, may be updated version ? or not mine is linea 2011 Feb build (according to vin no).
This has nothing to do with vehicle identification number. It could only be a older or more recent Blue N Me software that is different in my car and yours.

If you are able to get the Loop On/Off option, try disabling it to check if tracks stop repeating over and over.
Old 1st November 2012, 08:58   #444
BHPian

Quote:
This has nothing to do with vehicle identification number. It could only be a older or more recent Blue N Me software that is different in my car and yours.

If you are able to get the Loop On/Off option, try disabling it to check if tracks stop repeating over and over.

May be as I keep updating my Blue & Me.

Sorry should have clearly said it earlier, 'it works'. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks