Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 13:53   #286
BANNED

Yes many of us have got it changed, please call your nearest service center and ask them by giving detail of your car's manufacturing date, they will let you know weather you need to change or not.
Its a half an hour job.
Old 25th April 2010, 19:07   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Yes many of us have got it changed, please call your nearest service center and ask them by giving detail of your car's manufacturing date, they will let you know weather you need to change or not.
Its a half an hour job.
thankyou sir for your reply. did it cause a noticeable change in the vehicle?
Old 25th April 2010, 19:23   #288
BHPian

The clutch slave cylinder as being discussed about here has been changed in many vehicles, it doesn't make too much difference, the clutch seems a bit softer, that's about it.
Do get it replaced though, mostly in the case of cars manufactured prior to oct 09 as I was told.
Old 25th April 2010, 20:55   #289
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
thankyou sir for your reply. did it cause a noticeable change in the vehicle?
Singh, read post before mine of coolboy, there is some noticeable change after replacement.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:00   #290
BANNED

Some features I noticed in Punto:
  1. You can play the music system even when there is no key. This is for Emotion, Emotion+. If I am right, this is not the case in many OEM fitted stereos in some cars like i10, Swift etc.,
  2. When front wipers are on, and you engage reverse gear, the back wiper will be switched on automatically
  3. The stereo in Emotion comes with aux-in feature. Only cable is missing which can be fixed easily...HOW TO DO: Check my reply in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-stereo-2.html
  4. You get a warning tone in addition to light when you drive the car with little fuel. And it repeats on regular interval so that you don't forget
After my first service, when I reached home all of a sudden the driver side window stopped working. It was already 6:00 PM TASS closing time. I immediately called the service adviser and he told me that he is leaving for his native and his colleague will help me. When I reached TASS @ 7:00 PM, another service adviser was waiting and they noticed that connecting pin was broken (plastic one) inside and they said since it is under warranty they wanted to replace the entire motor assly. They procured one from stores but the Fiat window expert had left for the day and they tried with Tata windows expert who was still there. With 30 minutes of try he couldn't do it. They obliged to call back the Fiat window expert who returned from home to workplace and fitted it. By then all this was done it was 8:30 PM. Great work by Prerana motors service station @ Hosur Road, Bangalore.
Old 14th May 2010, 19:00   #291
BHPian

B&M...feature!

Wow, 20 pages of pure Linea content out here is good, good enough for me to make my wife and dad wait for the last 20 mins at least . Great great info guys, moving forward I have subscribed.

As a contribution to this thread and to all you fine gentleman who own a Linea/punto I would like to add something here

Did you know that the when you are in the middle of a phone call you switch off the car your call will still continue on the speakers even when you remove the key from the ignition. This goes on till you are in the Blue-tooth range or disconnect the device. .

I will back later today to check back on the Clutch Slave Cylinder.

BTW I drive a Line E+ Petrol, clocked 11K with an average of 9.9 in Hyderabad.

Last edited by downsouth : 14th May 2010 at 19:01.
Old 15th May 2010, 02:43   #292
Senior - BHPian

Linea has a mechanism that prevents airlock when the fuel goes empty. The car stops with 3 litres of fuel still remaining in tank which will be in accessible . So when you refill again your car is back to normal unlike other cars where the airlock has to be released.

I personally experienced this and this was duly informed to me by the SA of Concorde chennai
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2010, 21:19   #293
BHPian

Linea AC ineffective in scorching Delhi summer day

I drove my Linea today, fully occupied with 5 full size passengers in start-stop traffic, during the day when it is the peak of Delhi summer with outside temperatures as high as 41degrees. To my utter disappointment, the AC was absolutely ineffective. Within moments everyone inside the car was sweating profusely. The situation improved marginally only when I sped the car continuously at over 70KMPH.

Has anyone faced similar embarrassing situation in their Linea when the AC proved to be highly ineffective.
Old 15th May 2010, 21:45   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
I drove my Linea today, fully occupied with 5 full size passengers in start-stop traffic, during the day when it is the peak of Delhi summer with outside temperatures as high as 41degrees. To my utter disappointment, the AC was absolutely ineffective. Within moments everyone inside the car was sweating profusely. The situation improved marginally only when I sped the car continuously at over 70KMPH.

Has anyone faced similar embarrassing situation in their Linea when the AC proved to be highly ineffective.
Out of curiosity, what temperature did you set it to ?
And did you use the auto mode or the manual ?
Old 15th May 2010, 22:05   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Out of curiosity, what temperature did you set it to ?
And did you use the auto mode or the manual ?
Fully auto & set at 'LO' setting. Additionally I toggled between fresh air & recirculation mode during heavy & moderate or low traffic.
Old 15th May 2010, 23:09   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Linea has a mechanism that prevents airlock when the fuel goes empty. The car stops with 3 litres of fuel still remaining in tank which will be in accessible . So when you refill again your car is back to normal unlike other cars where the airlock has to be released.

I personally experienced this and this was duly informed to me by the SA of Concorde chennai
This feature is present in most modern day cars I guess. Even Marutis don't utilize every litre of fuel AFAIK. All this while I thought it was a standard thing. Isn't it @geeash?
Old 16th May 2010, 00:40   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Fully auto & set at 'LO' setting. Additionally I toggled between fresh air & recirculation mode during heavy & moderate or low traffic.
That shouldn't happen. How many kms have you covered ?
Reason I ask is because my AC too didn't cool very well post 14k but it got ok after the second service.

Ps- you're posting in the wrong thread.
Old 16th May 2010, 10:04   #298
Senior - BHPian

forbhaskarm

I have experienced such things in past.

There are 2 solutions for it

1. set the teamparature to LO. first open all the windows and keep the ACC in fresh air mode and press the down arrow and keep the fan at full speed and keep it like this for 5 minutes. Then close the window and turn the knob to 16 and keep the car in recirculation mode and press the middle arrow button.

In my experience i have seen that the ACC optimal cooling occurs only when the MID shows temparature below 42. when it shows above 42 you have to drive the hot air out before you can cool the air inside.

When you do the above procedure you can see the temparature in MID dropping from 47C to below step by step and cooling returns.

2. Check and clean your pollen filter/ ACC filters.

Last edited by geeash : 16th May 2010 at 10:05.
Old 16th May 2010, 11:24   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
That shouldn't happen. How many kms have you covered ?
Reason I ask is because my AC too didn't cool very well post 14k but it got ok after the second service.

Ps- you're posting in the wrong thread.
My car has just past 6K & sparingly used. I don't see any reason for the filter to get choked or dirty this early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
forbhaskarm

I have experienced such things in past.

There are 2 solutions for it

1. set the teamparature to LO. first open all the windows and keep the ACC in fresh air mode and press the down arrow and keep the fan at full speed and keep it like this for 5 minutes. Then close the window and turn the knob to 16 and keep the car in recirculation mode and press the middle arrow button.

Surely did that but in stop-start city driving, this procedure can hardly be repeated again & again.

In my experience i have seen that the ACC optimal cooling occurs only when the MID shows temparature below 42. when it shows above 42 you have to drive the hot air out before you can cool the air inside.

When you do the above procedure you can see the temparature in MID dropping from 47C to below step by step and cooling returns.

2. Check and clean your pollen filter/ ACC filters.
Well, I would really be surprised big time if the filter has choked or got dirty as my car has clocked only 6K. My Scorpio has 90K on its odo & never have I faced this issue, if et al, of choked pollen filter. A choked filter would result in under par cooling at almost all time. This wasn't the case when I drove my car in relatively cooler outside temperature.

Well I really can't fathom the fact that one spends 9+lakh INR to buy a world class car & then has to fiddle with the ACC controls to get optimum/comfortable cabin cooling in peak summer.

Could it be that the car's engine has just about enough power to provide an optimum, not exhilarating, driving experience? But once you push it to its limits, something does give way. I can recall my past driving experience in Delhi summer in other small cars with similar engine power & capacity wherein AC not being effective under similar circumstances was a common phenomenon.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 16th May 2010 at 11:26.
Old 16th May 2010, 11:43   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I really can't fathom the fact that one spends 9+lakh INR to buy a world class car & then has to fiddle with the ACC controls to get optimum/comfortable cabin cooling in peak summer.

Could it be that the car's engine has just about enough power to provide an optimum, not exhilarating, driving experience? But once you push it to its limits, something does give way. I can recall my past driving experience in Delhi summer in other small cars with similar engine power & capacity wherein AC not being effective under similar circumstances was a common phenomeno
I really dont know. i have also had my doubts about this before my first service when the ACC was worse. but after the cleaning of pollen filter the cooling drastically improved. Just get your pollen filter and a/c filter cleaned and just see the effect of what i am retierating.

Even now I sometimes feel that the ACC is below par. but i get a feel that it is because it is ACC and not Manual one unlike other cars., which doesnt think twice before coolingBut anyways the car many times really surprises me when it makes the cabin so cold.

I now think that the ACC struggles a bit when the outside temparature is above the optimum cooling capacity of the ACC, so you need to goad it and give it a pat on the back by doing the above procedure and then it really gives you a great chilling experience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks