Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:31   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
seems to be rattling sound like from orvm which cuts air at 80+kms speed.
I too have the same issue before and checked with TASS and drive some other linea too.
Every linea has the design issue and which is in Fiat R&D dept to rectify it in near future.
if you lean towards co-passenger side you should hear the same sound as your side.
Possible.. again like i said.. thats my worry cos.. passenger side is clean and the same noise doesn't exist on passenger side..
Old 9th April 2010, 14:30   #257
BHPian

New color for Linea appears on website

Tuscan Wine....

In pictures, it looks "yuck"... Have to see it in flesh to check out the new color... Sometimes pictures don't do any justice to a car....
Old 9th April 2010, 14:38   #258
BHPian

Change in Tech Specification

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Tuscan Wine....

In pictures, it looks "yuck"... Have to see it in flesh to check out the new color... Sometimes pictures don't do any justice to a car....
When I looked at the technical specification for diesel, seems like they have improved to 93 PS from 86 and torque RPM reduced to 2000 from 2500 if I remember right.

They have tuned the engine for better performance?
Old 9th April 2010, 14:45   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Some Air Noise like you mentioned is normal at higher speeds . I drive a Petrol Linea too. So , you can Relax
I don't think it is normal, I too have the air leak noise in the Punto from the left side OVRM when I drive at 80+ Kmph. My Palio doesn't have any such issues at all.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:57   #260
Senior - BHPian

check this URL

Fiat India#

click BSIII link too
The FE of Diesel linea BS III and BS IV also has huge difference.

Diesel linea BS III - 17.3 kmpl
Diesel linea BS IV - 19.9 kmpl

I definitely need FIAT to do tune my car as BS IV.
Guys please send mail to mangesh and ashish and get the details.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:58   #261
Senior - BHPian

^^ I had recently taken my friend's Linea to Kerala. I could hear this air leak noise particularly at high speeds. Something like a window was not fully closed. Looks like a common thing in the Linea & Punto then.

The Tuscan Wine should be similar to the Morello in the Ford

Last edited by anachronix : 9th April 2010 at 15:07.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:45   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Tuscan Wine....

Just checked the fiat website for Tuscan Wine. It looks like some dark pinkish cough syrup. Thumbs down from me. However now with this new addition, our Flamenco Red looks more orangish in comparison.
Old 9th April 2010, 16:36   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
Just checked the fiat website for Tuscan Wine. It looks like some dark pinkish cough syrup. Thumbs down from me. However now with this new addition, our Flamenco Red looks more orangish in comparison.

Is it the same color as in the Fiat Logo? a bit more darker. may be!
Old 9th April 2010, 18:38   #264
BHPian

Quote:
check this URL

Fiat India#

click BSIII link too
The FE of Diesel linea BS III and BS IV also has huge difference.

Diesel linea BS III - 17.3 kmpl
Diesel linea BS IV - 19.9 kmpl

I definitely need FIAT to do tune my car as BS IV.
Guys please send mail to mangesh and ashish and get the details.
Can you do that?
if you do manage to get your car tuned to BS IV then please post on the forum, we'd all have to get it done.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:10   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Yesterday I noticed some white patches on my Linea bonnet and it seems like a colour fading or something like that. I own a vocal white Linea. So I took the car to Hyson motors today and showed it to them. The service advisor looked at it and advised me to take to to RF Motors, Cochin, from where I had originaly bought the car. So Monday I would be taking it to RF Motors. I called and spoke to RF and they advised to bring the car and after taking the photo they would send it to TATA/ FIAT for their approval.
Has any of the Linea owners (especially Vocal white owners) come across such paint defect.
Please advise if I should also put this in the FIAT website under Customer complaint box.
I took my car to RF Motors the next week on 24th March and met the Senior Service Advisor. I also had taken the photos of the white patches and forwarded to this person before going to RF motors. They inspected the car and also took photos. They informed me that they forwarded the photos. He advised me that once they get the approval from TATA they would re-paint my bonnet. But till today I have not received any feedback from him. I have sent several mails to this Advisor and he never bothered to reply back on the current status.
Please advise what should I do.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:33   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Can you do that?
if you do manage to get your car tuned to BS IV then please post on the forum, we'd all have to get it done.
No Idea.
I have sent mail to local CSM and hope and possible he will definitely tune it up to BS IV.
Definitely i'll post if it happens
Old 10th April 2010, 17:08   #267
BHPian

Linea/Punto Owners :

Please check the rubber beadings on the top of the rear doors. These beadings are suspected to be faulty and may cause rusting.

Rusting happens due to the Iron metal strip running across the rubber beading which when contacted with water/moisture causes rusting.

FIAT confirmed today that these rubber beadings are being redesigned.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:29   #268
J.Ravi

My Fiat Linea gets re-locked, if door remains unopned

A few days back, I stumbled upon a fantastic feature in my Fiat Linea Emotion Pack: I unlocked the doors using the remote control. As I was chatting with my family members, I did not open the door. After 30 seconds or so, I heard the 'click' sound, doors were re-locked automatically and the turn-indicators flashed. I had to unlock the doors again to enter my car. This great feature is nowhere explained in the Fiat Linea Owner's Handbook like many other features.

Old 12th April 2010, 14:00   #269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
A few days back, I stumbled upon a fantastic feature in my Fiat Linea Emotion Pack: I unlocked the doors using the remote control. As I was chatting with my family members, I did not open the door. After 30 seconds or so, I heard the 'click' sound, doors were re-locked automatically and the turn-indicators flashed. I had to unlock the doors again to enter my car. This great feature is nowhere explained in the Fiat Linea Owner's Handbook like many other features.
It is explained somewhere in Owner's handbook because I have read it and remember quite well, I will have find out again if you desire so.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:49   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Idea.
I have sent mail to local CSM and hope and possible he will definitely tune it up to BS IV.
Definitely i'll post if it happens
Got a message from CSM,TATA.

"Detail shown in web site is not for India operation."

I don't know, whether it's true or not.
But i believe on his words.
Guys please ensure with your local fiat person.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks