Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 17:44   #271
BHPian

@aks- This is ridiculous. where is it for then ?
It's the fiat india website.
Old 12th April 2010, 20:29   #272
BHPian

Feature is very much available. I have experienced it thrice. Probably CSM Tata didn't read the manual, or confused Linea with Manza
Old 16th April 2010, 17:01   #273
BHPian

A new Warning : "Plate Light Check Number"

While on a long drive yesterday, a yellow light (right in the top middle of your speedo console above the park light indicator) came up with a message " Plate Light Check Number".... what could this be??? Any idea guys?

Last edited by sandeep_vgl : 16th April 2010 at 17:12.
Old 16th April 2010, 17:51   #274
BHPian

seems to be the light that illuminates your number plate. check and see if it's working.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:09   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
A few days back, I stumbled upon a fantastic feature in my Fiat Linea Emotion Pack: I unlocked the doors using the remote control. As I was chatting with my family members, I did not open the door. After 30 seconds or so, I heard the 'click' sound, doors were re-locked automatically and the turn-indicators flashed. I had to unlock the doors again to enter my car. This great feature is nowhere explained in the Fiat Linea Owner's Handbook like many other features.
This is a standard feature in most cars with remote central locking. If the doors are not opened for 30 seconds (or more depending on the configuration), then the car locks itself.

The rationale is that the owner may have unlocked and forgot about it. It is a safety feature. The doors will not lock themselves if you open the door and close it once even though you do not start the car for a long time.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:23   #276
J.Ravi

I know that. But, my complaint is, this has not been mentioned anywhere in the owner's manual!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th April 2010 at 18:25.

Old 16th April 2010, 18:24   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I know that. But, my grouse is, this has not been mentioned anywhere in the owner's manual!
It is good to be pleasantly surprised with additional features that you thought you never had, isn't it?
Old 16th April 2010, 18:30   #278
J.Ravi

Fiat India wants to give many such pleasant surprises to their customers! There are many such nice features left unexplained in the owner's manual. Even after 6 months and 6500 km of ownership, I am still exploring my Fiat Linea!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th April 2010 at 18:32.

Old 16th April 2010, 20:57   #279
BHPian

Another side effect (good) of this feature is that you can't get locked out. If you insert the key and close the door or come out after a trip and forget to remove the key, doors will not be locked. Downside of forgetting your key inserted overnight is that battery might drain out.
Old 17th April 2010, 19:25   #280
BHPian

I checked that. But its all working fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
seems to be the light that illuminates your number plate. check and see if it's working.
Old 17th April 2010, 20:55   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Another side effect (good) of this feature is that you can't get locked out. If you insert the key and close the door or come out after a trip and forget to remove the key, doors will not be locked. Downside of forgetting your key inserted overnight is that battery might drain out.
Actually , you can get locked out :

1) Unlock using your remote.

2) don't open any of the doors - just open the boot using the key

3) after 30 seconds the 4 doors will lock themselves - even if the boot is open.

So if you've opened only the boot and leave the key in the boot mistakenly, and close the boot you'll lock yourself out because the boot is not operated by the remote.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 17th April 2010 at 20:56.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:45   #282
BHPian

Painted Disc Brake Calipers

Hi,

I wish to get the front disc brake calipers painted a bright yellow. Has anyone done this? Will appreciate your inputs as in if this will create any problems.

I purely want to do it for aesthetic purposes. No specific functional value of them being painted in bright yellow. I have seen many sports cars which have the brake calipers either yellow or red.

Mine is a Flamenco Red Linea and I feel the yellow calipers visible through the alloys will give a slight feel of it being a high end car.

Raj
Old 25th April 2010, 12:56   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Yesterday I noticed some white patches on my Linea bonnet and it seems like a colour fading or something like that. I own a vocal white Linea. So I took the car to Hyson motors today and showed it to them. The service advisor looked at it and advised me to take to to RF Motors, Cochin, from where I had originaly bought the car. So Monday I would be taking it to RF Motors. I called and spoke to RF and they advised to bring the car and after taking the photo they would send it to TATA/ FIAT for their approval.
Has any of the Linea owners (especially Vocal white owners) come across such paint defect.
Please advise if I should also put this in the FIAT website under Customer complaint box.
I had given my car to RF Motors for rectifying the above problem. I got the car 2 days back. As I am abroad now, haven't seen it personally yet. Shall post pictures once I get home next week.
Old 25th April 2010, 13:44   #284
BHPian

i have heard that fiat had called back some of the lineas produced around the month of October - November to replace the clutch slave cylinder i believe. can anyone help me with it?
Old 25th April 2010, 13:52   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
i have heard that fiat had called back some of the lineas produced around the month of October - November to replace the clutch slave cylinder i believe. can anyone help me with it?
Yes indeed, that was a precautionary step followed by FIAT to make sure the old CSS doesnt create problems as it lead to a breakdown for a few guys and it is a improved part designed by FIAT. Dont know the exact date or month related recall but call your TASS and give them your chasis number, they would call back and inform you if it needs to be changed in your Linea too.

I got it done a few months back, what i noticed was:
1. Clutch feels lighter, earlier for a petrol car the clutch felt very heavy and irritating in city with long travel.

2. GEarshifts are much slicker now, they are not rubbery type as was before.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks