Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 16:13   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
They dont use a drill machine to drill holes man. No way will i ever allow that and no way will they do it.
They use a very thin wire like thing which pierces a very small hole in the bumper and then use the screw and a cap behind to tighten the mud flaps.
Thanks coolboy. But what about the front ones? For those, they must have drilled a hole on the wheel arch.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 14th September 2009 at 16:17.
Old 15th September 2009, 00:38   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
This is total news for me. Coolant being used for defogger! I thought it consumed electricity from the battery/alternator. Coolant heat is used for cabin heating for sure but defogger! This is something that I have to research. It's interesting to note that during the past few days even we used the defogger (it was raining here) and even our coolant level is near the min' mark. But I dont know if its due to the defogger usage.
If you see answer is in your post itself. Apart from rear windscreen heat strips, the max Defogger is almost a heater at full hot temp with air direction towards windscreens. So, if coolant heat is used for cabin heating then its quite believable that coolant heat is used for defogger as its almost similar to cabin heating (except for rear heat strips)

There are 2 buttons. The button near to hazard light button is only for rear defogger. Whereas the button "Max Defogger" which is there on ACC console near compressor button is defogger for front & rear windscreens as well as fron windows & actually produces lot of heat. One can not keep it ON for more than 2-3 minutes by which it becomes unbearably hot. Its this button I used 5-6 times
Old 16th September 2009, 15:16   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Is it true that in order to fix the OEM mud flaps one has to drill holes in the wheel arches? If that indeed is the case, doesn't it add to risk of inevitable 'rust'? Then why does FIAT provide these mug flaps at the first place? Are there any other options of fixing the mug flaps?
I did fix the mudflaps from BUB on my 3rd visit. Yes, they did drill the wheel arches. Honestly, I didn't think of the rust factor as I was in a hurry to get the mudflaps fixed. It was raining here and didn't want my car to get too dirty!
Old 16th September 2009, 16:19   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks coolboy. But what about the front ones? For those, they must have drilled a hole on the wheel arch.
I am posting the front mudflaps pics and let me assure you that they didnt use drill machine to make a hole as far as i remember, he was using something else. At this spot where screws are we neednt worry abour rusting i think.

Saw a SX4 next to mine and it also had front mudflaps fixed ditto like my Linea.
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-moto_0272.jpg

Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-moto_0273.jpg

A query,
All my tyres are Jan09 manufactued and the spare tyre is Nov08, is there anything wrong or is it normal? I had read 0409 and thought its april 09 whereas date is clearly stamped on tyres in monthname/year.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 16th September 2009 at 16:22.
Old 16th September 2009, 21:03   #155
BHPian

I dont remember exactly but either the front or the back mudflaps are installed by drilling holes (actually hitting with hammer and jumper in my case).
Old 16th September 2009, 21:33   #156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I dont remember exactly but either the front or the back mudflaps are installed by drilling holes (actually hitting with hammer and jumper in my case).
I vaguely remember similar thing when I got mudflap installed

I don't think this will lead to any rust etc, there are screws tightened in the holes.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:26   #157
BHPian

I have been told by one of the dealers in Noida that there are OEM mudflaps which do not require any holes to be created on the body. They attach with clips & stay on. I haven't seen one but I have certainly asked him to get a set for me.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:51   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Inreverse when you switch to fan mode the air circulation switches automatically to fresh air mode. Maybe what you're hearing is the flap setting into position and thus cutting the air. I tried it yesterday during idle with fan set at the lowest speed, the fluttering sound was there but it was momentarily and hardly audible. And secondly most of the time the ICE is also on so its even harder to make out the noise.
But its just my thinking. Why dont you try this in some other Linea maybe the new one's at the dealership. That will give you an exact idea as to, if your ACC is acting funny or not.

I don't know how to put this, but the noise has gone away....! Weird!!!
Old 17th September 2009, 16:04   #159
BHPian

Did you know... The stock Blaupunkt Stereo system can be turned on with the ignition key completely out. The stereo will automatically turn off after 30 minutes.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:28   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
That's what happened to me when I took it to TASS. And it's back again but it is not there all the time, and I have been trying to understand under what circumstances it happens. Firstguri might be close to the correct explanation
Old 17th September 2009, 18:57   #161
BANNED

Deactivating Seatbelt Warning buzzer temporarily for short drive

Remembered 1 item from manual today & tried it - You can deactivate Seat belt buzzer. I always wanted it whenever I start the car only to move around our appartment complex & surrounding 2-3 kms. How do you do it?

Turn the key to MAR position. Wear the seatbelt & wait for 20-30 seconds. Seatbelt warning sign goes off. Now remove the seatbelt, warning sign lights come up. Start the engine & move. the Warning light remains ON but buzzer is deactivated & never rings !!
Old 21st September 2009, 14:24   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Remembered 1 item from manual today & tried it - You can deactivate Seat belt buzzer. I always wanted it whenever I start the car only to move around our appartment complex & surrounding 2-3 kms. How do you do it?

Turn the key to MAR position. Wear the seatbelt & wait for 20-30 seconds. Seatbelt warning sign goes off. Now remove the seatbelt, warning sign lights come up. Start the engine & move. the Warning light remains ON but buzzer is deactivated & never rings !!
Right. There is another way though it adds a little annoyance to the driver & co-passengers. Drive the car without wearing the seat belt at all. The buzzer buzzes for 3-4 minutes & stops after that until the engine is switched off & key pulled out. Repeat the steps again for next trip.
Old 21st September 2009, 17:43   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Apart from rear windscreen heat strips, the max Defogger is almost a heater at full hot temp with air direction towards windscreens.
When we activate the max heating key on the ACC panel then the vents point towards feet and not windscreen.
Quote:
I have been told by one of the dealers in Noida that there are OEM mudflaps which do not require any holes to be created on the body. They attach with clips & stay on. I haven't seen one but I have certainly asked him to get a set for me.
I dont know about that. The ones that we got had already got holes on the sides of the flaps for the screws. If you get hold of these clip-on OEM flaps then do post the pics of them.

@others- the holes being made to accomodate the rear mud flaps are made in the bumper, and the bumper is made of plastic. So the question of rust never arises!
Quote:
Good for you.
Quote:
Did you know... The stock Blaupunkt Stereo system can be turned on with the ignition key completely out. The stereo will automatically turn off after 30 minutes.
I thought it was 20 min's. Can somebody else please confirm this?
Old 24th September 2009, 17:51   #164
BHPian

Bzzz sound.. Linea emotion MJD

Hi

I recently noticed that when I insert the key and turn to the MAR position, I hear a bzzz sound. This goes off after a few secs. I assume it is the heater sound.

The other one I noticed is that about the brake pedal. I hear a hissk hissk sound when i press the brake pedal. Also I notice that when i apply brake when the vehicle is in movement, i hear the krrk krrk sound. I usually hear this when I bring back my car from water service, but not sure if it is the same case in my new car.

The car has not run much after I have taken the delivery due to some issues at home. It will start running non stop from the 28th, until then it will be parked at home
Old 26th September 2009, 22:55   #165
BHPian

Since this is the "Did u know" series, here's my 2 cents.

I didn't know Schumi promoted the T-jet Linea! Here goes:

ps: I know its not entirely related to the stuff u guys are discussing, but nevertheless
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks