Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 01:38   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Why did i get the beep then? Does the beep come if door is open and we start driving? Maybe both things happened with me and i confused with handbrake thing. Sorry.

I stalled my Linea today on a speed breaker saving its underbelly. and the "Low oil pressure" again came up after stalling. Am still getting used to the long clutch.
Yes could be, as there is a warning message on the MID accompanied with a beep when the doors are not closed and you start off.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:27   #62
BHPian

I have experienced this once.
Linea DOES beep if you have the handbrake ON and try to drive off.
It's a looong beep and not the usual seat-belt beep.

I feel its a useful feature as I have this habit of forgetting handbrake.
I once drove my zen for 3 km till I realized that my handbrake was ON (did speeds of 40kmph!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Why did i get the beep then? Does the beep come if door is open and we start driving? Maybe both things happened with me and i confused with handbrake thing. Sorry.

I stalled my Linea today on a speed breaker saving its underbelly. and the "Low oil pressure" again came up after stalling. Am still getting used to the long clutch.

Last edited by neotraveller : 31st August 2009 at 14:31.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

USB - Blue & Me

If some of the files/songs in your USB is not read by the System.
Just use this software to remove unwanted ID3 tags from the files.

use this link to download the Software
http://www.spoelstrait.nl/BluMeUSB/
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 15:07   #64
BHPian

-If your bonnet release lever falls off: Check with your TASS. New modified lever from Fiat should be available within next 2-3 days, and you will get a free replacement.
-If you find a gap between the dashboard and fuse-box cover: Fiat has come out with modified clips which will resolve the issue. Should be available anytime now. Even without them, TASS is able to set it such that the gap is not visible.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:37   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I have experienced this once.
Linea DOES beep if you have the handbrake ON and try to drive off.
It's a looong beep and not the usual seat-belt beep.

I feel its a useful feature as I have this habit of forgetting handbrake.
I once drove my zen for 3 km till I realized that my handbrake was ON (did speeds of 40kmph!)
Ok so if you drive off then it'll give a beep. I tried it yestersay but I didn't drive off, just started moving a bit and actually even that was difficult coz even on it's first notch it was damn tight.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:02   #66
JRD
BHPian

here goes - did you know?

being one of the earlier owners here is what i have to share.

1. If you start hearing a "Tak Tak" sound from either corners of the dashboard. And it starts to get very irritating? Dont worry after 7 months of ownership the problem has been resolved. - Get the Stabilizer/Anti roll bar changed. That will get rid of the issue.

2. Glove box lock rattle. - There is an internal setting in the lock that can be tweaked. That should do the trick.

3. Check engine sign popping up after a nice drive through waters. - High/low speed fan fuse blown or water in the connectors. It is advisable not to ignore the sign. Take it to the a.s.s.

4. Squeaking from front shock absorbers? - Bushings need to be lubricated.

Thats all for now.
JRD.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:12   #67
BHPian

If any of the external bulbs - headlights, rear light combination, number plate bulbs, indicators bulbs fail, there is a small led that lights up in the dashboard - located at the top center, exactly between the left & right turn indicator LEDs.

I happened to notice this when I went to check my car 3 days before the delivery & this LED was constantly on. On checking with the service guy, he switched on all external lights & meticulously went checking for the fused bulb. It was the rear number plate right side bulb.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:12   #68
Senior - BHPian

There is a feature called FOLLOW ME where the head lights can be automatically turned on from 30 sec to 210 sec after which it will automatically shut off. This is for the driver and oters to carefully reach their house with good illumination

1. If you find black oily dust in front wheel daily it is normal as it is due to wearing of the brake shoe. the rears have drum brakes

2. the front wheel discs have some rust . it is quite normal

3. If you hear a low grunt when applying the brake at low speeds especially during the first 1k km it is normal. Just take out the car on the highway to a considerable good speed and hit the brakes suddenly and do this a couple of times . Then the grunt will go off.

( i would advice you to do this only on a lonely highway with no vehicles coming behind)

4. if you find the break pedal pulsating on sudden brake it is normal . it is the abs that is kicking in

Last edited by geeash : 31st August 2009 at 17:14.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:25   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
1. If you start hearing a "Tak Tak" sound from either corners of the dashboard. And it starts to get very irritating? Dont worry after 7 months of ownership the problem has been resolved. - Get the Stabilizer/Anti roll bar changed. That will get rid of the issue.
JRD- I think we've discussed this earlier. My Linea's Driver side Window / Glass portion sometimes give 1 single "Tik" sound when hit potholes or sometimes even on jerk. Lets say - if the car hits 10 potholes, this single "Tik" sound comes on 5 occassions. I tried to diagnose & may be figured out that its coming from Glass/ Window portion. Sometimes when I press the glass that "Tik" Comes in. Sometimes, when I press right side door armrest heavy, that "Tik" comes. Since it does not come frequently, have not been bothered as do not want any experiments with the door or doorpads afraid of rattles to creep in.

Do you think this could be related to Anti roll bars ?
Old 31st August 2009, 17:39   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
1. If you find black oily dust in front wheel daily it is normal as it is due to wearing of the brake shoe.
Only drum brakes have brake shoes! The part you are referring to are called brake pads.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:50   #71
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
JRD- I think we've discussed this earlier. My Linea's Driver side Window / Glass portion sometimes give 1 single "Tik" sound when hit potholes or sometimes even on jerk. Lets say - if the car hits 10 potholes, this single "Tik" sound comes on 5 occassions. I tried to diagnose & may be figured out that its coming from Glass/ Window portion. Sometimes when I press the glass that "Tik" Comes in. Sometimes, when I press right side door armrest heavy, that "Tik" comes. Since it does not come frequently, have not been bothered as do not want any experiments with the door or doorpads afraid of rattles to creep in.

Do you think this could be related to Anti roll bars ?
you know when I was trying to diagnose the sound, it seemed like the a-pillar plastic trim was making the sound but it was the antiroll bar.

If you are talking about the small quarter glass then yes it is a strong possibility.

Try this- take your car to an inclined rough road and park the car such that the driver side shock absorber is completely flexed and the other side is completely pressed. Then try reversing with the steering fully turned to the left. Do the same when the steering turned to the right. If you hear a long creeek when the car is levelling back then its the Anti roll bar.
Old 31st August 2009, 18:00   #72
BANNED

Quote:
you know when I was trying to diagnose the sound, it seemed like the a-pillar plastic trim was making the sound but it was the antiroll bar.

If you are talking about the small quarter glass then yes it is a strong possibility.

Try this- take your car to an inclined rough road and park the car such that the driver side shock absorber is completely flexed and the other side is completely pressed. Then try reversing with the steering fully turned to the left. Do the same when the steering turned to the right. If you hear a long creeek when the car is levelling back then its the Anti roll bar.
I'm talking about main Window Glass. When I pressed it sometimes, it gave the same "Tik" sound. This "Tik" sound also comes only 1 single sound & is not repetitive. Once or twice it came when I put my weight on door armrest trying to relax.

Apart from this, there are no sounds anywhere, not even steering which works perfectly fine
Old 1st September 2009, 09:33   #73
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I'm talking about main Window Glass. When I pressed it sometimes, it gave the same "Tik" sound. This "Tik" sound also comes only 1 single sound & is not repetitive. Once or twice it came when I put my weight on door armrest trying to relax.

Apart from this, there are no sounds anywhere, not even steering which works perfectly fine
I dont think it is the arm rest, that would easy to diagnose and would have been resolved by you by now. May be its something to do with the adhesive used to fix the wind shield. If its not sealed properly that might be the culprit.

Although i havent read any post from you regarding water seeping in the cabin or air noise at high speeds.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:20   #74
BANNED

Quote:
I dont think it is the arm rest, that would easy to diagnose and would have been resolved by you by now. May be its something to do with the adhesive used to fix the wind shield. If its not sealed properly that might be the culprit.

Although i havent read any post from you regarding water seeping in the cabin or air noise at high speeds.
I think I got it diagnosed again. Yday again I tried to push the black plastic just under the window & voila!! Here comes "Tik" again. I remember sometime back I did it. The sound is coming from there - the black plastic between the window & just above the door arm rest. Since last 3 days it has subsided & has not come often. Am not bothered yet & do not want to do anything as its not coming often. May be if it increases, will look into it
Old 1st September 2009, 10:27   #75
BHPian

This surely is a good initiative esp. for people like me waiting for the Linea to be delivered. It's always better to know what you are getting into before doing it actually.

After reading some reviews esp. by geeash, I was just wondering whether I made the right decision to book the car. But hope such experiences are a minority.

Looking forward to join all proud Linea owners. Please keep sharing your "inventions" on Linea!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks