Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2018, 00:45   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
I came across many devices which have built in battery, are they safe to use in car's interior? Can these devices sustain temperature in summers?
I don't prefer battery operated devices because "hidden" places have poor airflow and can get hot. And then kaboom.

Concox and many others do make modes without any battery which you can connect to behind the stereo, where there is an always on power line.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 12:15   #137
Team-BHP Support

Tracking and Fuel Monitoring Devise

Need suggestions on available options to track and monitor, we have multiple sales guys using their own/ company cars where we reimburse them for fuel and maintenance. To track their movement and start time, we use a Docomo app- workforce tracking where they log in on their phone daily at the start of the day. Now, this fuel thing is mostly taken on trust and everyone makes an excel sheet with Kms filled & charges claimed per Km depending on the fuel efficiency and Fuel rates.

Are there any devises or apps available where this can be recorded more scientifically and we pay for the fuel consumed/ Distance travelled only for official works?
Old 2nd December 2018, 22:05   #138
BHPian

GPS tracker for cars

The recent theft of a new Amaze just 50 meters from my house has kinda spooked me. I do have a gear lock in my Hyundai already but i guess a GPS tracker will be way better to prevent loss of my car.

Looking for something discreet to track my car. Not looking for options that have the remote fuel cutoff features etc. as they will involve extensive wire cuttings etc which i do not wish for. I also do not want something that has wires going to the fuse box or battery as that is the first place that thieves unplug and check for such devices.

Searching around this looked like a great option as for just $40 one can buy and stick it somewhere hidden and its battery too lasts a claimed 90 days. I don't mind charging it once 30-45 days. What are the negatives for something like this as i could not think of any ? Any better suggestions ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vehi...0-36ee11333a8d
Old 12th January 2019, 19:17   #139
BHPian

SAM GPS Security Pro

Members

The Anti theft device in Indian car market is getting hotter. One of the best selling products in amazon (link below) is SAM GPS Security Pro.

https://www.amazon.in/SAM-GPS-Securi...racker+for+car

This device has a raft of features which I would be happy to know about.

There is a single video of the installation of this device and it seems that this a complex installation to short the ignition points and make a direct connection with ignition to this device. This is something I am not comfortable with.

Please let me know if I can simply connect this to the 12V connector and leave the engine part alone

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th January 2019 at 20:00. Reason: Post moved. Please SEARCH before creating threads on topics extensively discussed before. Thanks.
Old 13th January 2020, 13:53   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

In the market for a GPS Tracker for our Creta. I had good experiences with Autocop earlier so thinking of their base models like the TP1000 (~5.5K) or TP2000 (~6.5K).

Anyone has any thoughts on this? I was considering OBD-based ones but fear it can be flicked by someone (temporary driver or car wash guy), and I will never be able to recover it.
Old 13th January 2020, 14:10   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Anyone has any thoughts on this? I was considering OBD-based ones but fear it can be flicked by someone (temporary driver or car wash guy), and I will never be able to recover it.
I'm using the TP1000 for my driver driven WagonR. It only has Android App - a major drawback as I use iPhones (You can use browser though). With the recent TRAI restrictions on SMS, daily limit is enforced and most alerts get missed out.

However, the sales and service have been excellent. Once a year, a person comes and changes the sim card of the device. Annual fee is some 1000-1400 bucks, I don't recollect it accurately.

While installing, it is better that either you intervene or have a local accessory guy handy. Usual method of the Autocop guys is to blindly splice into the cables with no care in the world. For my WagonR, this was missed, but luckily I haven't had any issues. For subsequent installations, I insisted on getting proper wire taps / ring connectors for electrical connection and there have been no problems. Built in battery life is around 10 hrs, so even if battery is removed / the cable to device cut, it will keep tracing the car.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 15:02   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the market for a GPS Tracker for our Creta. I had good experiences with Autocop earlier so thinking of their base models like the TP1000 (~5.5K) or TP2000 (~6.5K).

I have tracking genie and am happy with it.

Autocop is also good. They offer competitive price for replacement of damaged unit.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 10:44   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

For my Creta, I am taking the plunge for the Autocop Trackpro TP2000 for ~6.5K which includes 3 years SIM fees plus free installation.

Does anyone know what kind of connectors etc I should insist on? I am also nervous about splicing directly into OEM wires.
Old 24th January 2020, 10:55   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know what kind of connectors etc I should insist on? I am also nervous about splicing directly into OEM wires.
Everything is included in the box. Just ensure it is used. At most you might need a couple of zip ties and some insulation tape to hold it all together. Follow the included instructions and it should be fine. Note that the installer will come directly from autocop so stay with him when he's installing.
Old 24th January 2020, 10:59   #145
Senior - BHPian

Re: GPS tracker for cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
The recent theft of a new Amaze just 50 meters from my house has kinda spooked me. I do have a gear lock in my Hyundai already but i guess a GPS tracker will be way better to prevent loss of my car.
A friend's creta got stolen from outside his house! The thieves found the GPS device and disabled it. I guess they already know about the different devices available and where they are installed, so they know where to look.

Trust me, there is nothing more secure than a good old fashioned gear lock. A mechanical device will always be a good measure against theft as it'll require a lot more time to disable which acts as a deterrent for thieves.

Even with the embedded SIM connected car tech on the Hector, which sends messages to my phone about the car location or any unauthorized entry, I preferred to get a gear lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Autocop is also good. They offer competitive price for replacement of damaged unit.
Autocop's mechanical safety devices are not available in Delhi or anywhere I guess. The division got closed down, atleast that's what the dealers say, no one knows why. They only deal in GPS trackers etc now. We have AutoSecure here which has filled the gap.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 12:46   #146
BHPian

Quote:

I had three autocop tracktrop installed in three cars. Replaced all with Concox. Autocop have worst customer service. Their server frequently down.

Concox have excellent maps (with traffic info), 10 sec update (compared to 40 sec of trackpro), no 13 Digit m2m SIM issues. Autocop 'technicians' are extremely rough in removing panels and handling wires.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 13:58   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I had three autocop tracktrop installed in three cars. Replaced all with Concox. Autocop have worst customer service. Their server frequently down.
Thanks but too late. Went for the Autocop Trackpro 9950 OBD2-based system for 8K with 3 year Airtel subscription.

Very happy so far, seems to be accurate plus I have the benefit of CAN access to my Creta too.
Attached Thumbnails
GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices-screenshot_20200125163141.jpg  

Old 27th May 2020, 02:14   #148

Hello all.

Hope everyone is in good health. I would like to tell you the incident that happened to me regarding GPS tracking.

I had installed a WeTrack from an indian company called Tracksolid who now provides the server for Concox , as someone mentioned in this thread before, in the year 2018. I was charged 5500 for a product which was 2500 from the dealer. Anyways I was in urgent need of a tracking device as I was shifting my car from Manipal to Kolkata by transport, I had no choice but to install it. Initially it worked fine for a few months!

After an year when the subscription was to renewed I contacted the dealer in manipal Mr Raviraj for the renewal and he asked me to deposit 1500 to his bank account, which I did, but I got no response from him after the payment. In the mean time I was once in Delhi for some personal work and wanted to visit their office personally and get the subscription done, but when i called up the helpline number no one knew where their office is located in Delhi, although its mentioned Rajeev Nagar on the website and the lady who took the call said she's in Patna.

After two or three months I got hold of an engineer of Tracksolid who had once helped me reactivate my connection mid year, from Bangalore service as he said, and he told me to send Rs 1350 to Google pay and he shall get it renewed from head office. I trusted him for his help before and did the same. But he also did the same and my Gps was not renewed. Finally I again called the help line mentioned in the site and the lady this time told they are not responsible for any payments made to their dealer and if I want to get it renewed I have to make fresh payment to her. I told I shall put a complaint against their company. She started abusing me and told I may do whatever I want and it is none of their business! I was stunned.

Guys, please stay away from this fraud company Tracksolid and I am still to figure out what I may do to prevent such frauds in the future, with anyone.

Any advice shall be highly appreciated.

I am attaching the payment slips guys.

Attached Thumbnails
GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices-whatsapp-image-20200527-1.51.41-am.jpeg  

GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices-whatsapp-image-20200527-1.50.04-am.jpeg  

m_anirbanghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 00:13   #149
BHPian

Can someone suggest me a GPS tracker for my 2015 Creta SX(O)? I really need to get one installed as soon as possible as my car almost got stolen recently (Separate thread coming up).

I preferably want a device which doesn't plug in the OBD port, has a good customer support, offers real time tracking and accurate locations, sms/call alerts, engine on/off alerts, remote engine cut off (push button compatible). If the device can also protect itself from GPS jammers, that would just be awesome.

I had decided on AutoCop TP2000 but I got to know that AutoCop has shut down now. Some members have suggested Concox in the previous posts but getting a tracker from China may also not be possible at this time as from what I hear AliExpress products aren't getting past Indian customs.
beemer5499 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 13:21   #150
BHPian

Dear Fellow BHPians,

I'm planning to buy a new car - Creta 2020 which will be equipped with Bluelink feature ( remote immobilization, location tracking, geo fencing etc)

I'm planning to further use a steering lock if I've to park my car in open at not-so-safe location.

My doubts are:

1. Considering thieves are also quite tech-savvy these days, how tamper-proof is bluelink technology especially immobilizer

2. Is there something which I can do to have a better sleep if I'm parking my car at tricky locations?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks