Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2022, 21:15   #166
BHPian

Re: GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I had three autocop tracktrop installed in three cars. Replaced all with Concox. Autocop have worst customer service. Their server frequently down.

Concox have excellent maps (with traffic info), 10 sec update (compared to 40 sec of trackpro), no 13 Digit m2m SIM issues. Autocop 'technicians' are extremely rough in removing panels and handling wires.
HI, does Concox provide doorstep delivery and installation? I visited their website but was not very user friendly.
Old 24th June 2022, 16:15   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag408 View Post
HI, does Concox provide doorstep delivery and installation? I visited their website but was not very user friendly.
Nope, they have dealers in Delhi so i guess in Mumbai as well. Just drop an email or call them. When i called them they were also willing to sell directly in retail.

Address: U-1, Central Ground Floor, Green Park Extension, New Delhi-110016
+91 8860280932 +91 9899779954 for sales
Email: gpssystemindia@concox.cn

I have Concox HVT001. I did use my own Jio SIM and charge yearly myself. However, i bought Concox Tracksolid Plateform lifetime liecense for 9 dollars at Aliexpress, because Indian concox dealers insist yearly payment for Concox maps as well. HVT001 is functioning flawlessly with very good sensitivity for satellite signals compared to autocop. No wiring. I just put it in cigarette lighter socket which ever car i need to track.
Hope it helps.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 24th June 2022 at 16:17.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 16:28   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, they have dealers in Delhi so i guess in Mumbai as well. Just drop an email or call them. When i called them they were also willing to sell directly in retail.

Address: U-1, Central Ground Floor, Green Park Extension, New Delhi-110016
+91 8860280932 +91 9899779954 for sales
Email: gpssystemindia@concox.cn

I have Concox HVT001. I did use my own Jio SIM and charge yearly myself. However, i bought Concox Tracksolid Plateform lifetime liecense for 9 dollars at Aliexpress, because Indian concox dealers insist yearly payment for Concox maps as well. HVT001 is functioning flawlessly with very good sensitivity for satellite signals compared to autocop. No wiring. I just put it in cigarette lighter socket which ever car i need to track.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for this. I was looking for a wired solution. Let me check with them. My regular car accessories dealer has something local so I'm not very sure I want to go with that solution.
Old 24th June 2022, 16:34   #169
BHPian

Iphone users can use airtag to track stolen vehicles. Anti stalking doesn't seem to be active in India. The issue is low density of apple devices to ping location.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 16:57   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
Iphone users can use airtag to track stolen vehicles. Anti stalking doesn't seem to be active in India. The issue is low density of apple devices to ping location.
Nice idea! Not a bad deal for 3k with no wiring, maintenance or periodic recharges. One query though, does it work well with macOS? I mean does it work as intended with macOS and iOS similarly or are there any differences between these two?
Old 24th June 2022, 17:42   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Nice idea! Not a bad deal for 3k with no wiring, maintenance or periodic recharges. One query though, does it work well with macOS? I mean does it work as intended with macOS and iOS similarly or are there any differences between these two?
Works with macOS, IOS and ipadOS.
Old 24th June 2022, 17:58   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
AirTages will work only if there are iPhones nearby. That might work in the US where iPhones are ubiquitous but not quite in India.
Old 25th June 2022, 08:28   #173
BHPian

Quote:
.... I did use my own Jio SIM and charge yearly myself...
Please note that the SIM is airtel and not Jio, as i mistakenly wrote. Jio won't work in 2G/3G remote locations in GPS device.
Old 14th July 2022, 09:08   #174
BHPian

Recently purchased a Nexon XZ+ and from my knowledge it doesn't come fitted with a factory installed GPS in it.
I would like to take your opinion for the following queries:

1. What are some of the affordable/non-fancy GPS trackers available in market under 5-10k budget ? Any estimate on annual charges per year for maintenance ?

2. Are there any disadvantages to it ?

3. Tata motors showroom is offering me a GPS tracker quoted at 6k, however it seems they are clueless about it's installation/details when I fired up some questions to them.
Are these dealership fitted trackers same as other aftermarket trackers ?

4. Will fitting an aftermarket GPS tracker void my car's warranty ? (In no case I would like to loose warranty so won't mind paying paying extra to dealership in that case.)

5. Is it possible to hide the GPS tracker somewhere in the car discreetly instead of installing it in it's regular place (I suppose near the ignition cabling/fuse box ?). The thieves would look at and chop it in one go).

The idea is to have a safe but discrete solution. I only need it for post theft tracking (I pray it never comes to this). Happy to replace batteries once in a while (let's say 6 months to a year).

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2022, 08:08   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for a OBD GPS tracker. Any recommendations? Used to have Autocop Trackpro a long time back. Will check with them too.
Old 8th February 2023, 16:57   #176

@itwasntme I'm using Acumen OBD GPS tracker for a few months now. I didn't want to slice/splice and dice, and was on a budget. Purchased it on Amazon for around 2-2.5k + SIM activation charge (they give an Airtel 4G SIM card). Installation is a no brainer, customer support is decent so no issues there. It's serving my purpose, but it doesn't really do the kind of live tracking which you could do on, say "Find My Phone" on Android. It also tends to have delays and breaks in transmitting, or status gets stuck (for ex. car would be stationary it would still show as moving at xx km/hr speed). If anyone else here has tried any other brands please drop in a review as well, thanks.
AL70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 17:11   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.amazon.in/LocoNav-Pro-Wi...84&sr=8-6&th=1

Anyone tried this device?

More than tracking location, I am looking to track if and when my driver is chilling(quite literally) in the car with the AC on.
Not quite sure if this device will help with that or the app will easily show that the car was idle and on for xx minutes
Old 8th September 2023, 22:31   #178
BHPian

Hello, i am looking for a plug and play kimd of device or even just keep it in the car type. Has anyone tried the GoMechanic OBD tracker? I’ve heard good reviews about it. I want to install them on 3 cars hence on a budget here about 2-4k each.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks