Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2012, 17:59   #331
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

I enquired about Duster from Renault Customer Care, here is what they replied:

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-reply.png
Old 9th April 2012, 09:54   #332
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Renault Duster SUV India launch delayed to October 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The website shows the same for quite some time. Infact IAB stated that this will NOT be launched in June after this. Also there are couple of members who contacted Renault and have been told that the brochures will be shared in June after the launch; but from the reports in IAB [& some bhpians who have reliable sources in Renault], launch will NOT happen in June but in August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
I enquired about Duster from Renault Customer Care, here is what they replied:
Now even the dealers are not sure, earlier it was June now it Aug-Sep , with deliveries not planned before December.
Old 9th April 2012, 11:10   #333
BHPian

Renault playing out some strange strategy. Has the road tests thrown some big surprise. Why would it be so tough to launch a vehicle which is running all over europe.
do the team-bhpians with inside info have any news on what's the problem??
Old 9th April 2012, 11:29   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Why would it be so tough to launch a vehicle which is running all over europe.
I was wondering exactly the same thing. My guess would be that there are some India-specific customizations which are taking longer than expected.

Till now though, I understood the only changes would be better interiors, since the engine is to be the same as the one used elsewhere. Maybe they are having some supply issues with the new interior stuff? Or maybe the engine is being specially tuned for Indian driving...no idea how long something like that would take.
Old 9th April 2012, 14:14   #335
Senior - BHPian

Duster launch now getting postponed to Oct 2012 (Courtesy news from CarBlogIndia - All About Cars And Bikes). Quite

Renault India Delays Launch Of Duster In India Till Diwali 2012 | CarBlogIndia - All About Automobiles

If Renault continues like this it is definitely not going to get the first mover advantage over the Ford Ecosport. On the other hand if Ford pulls ups its socks, the Ecosport could as well get the first mover advantage over the Duster.

Also there is a news that Hyundai is likely to get a small size SUV to rival the likes of Duster & Ecosport --> Hyundai May Launch Sub-10 Lakh SUV To Rival Ford EcoSport and Renault Duster In India | CarBlogIndia - All About Automobiles

Exciting times indeed, but people like me who are looking for an upgrade need to have loads of patience, till all these SUVs hit the market, fingers crossed.
Old 9th April 2012, 22:02   #336
BHPian

Launching a car just in time for festivals can work against Renault too. A new brand gets adopted gradually (it not a Maruthi to demand the command and respect from day one). The Product may be a segment first, but how many will be confident to shell 10L on a little known brand and a new car from them. Had the duster been a Maruti, a new launch would be great just in time for the festivals.

For a brand like Renault (which is little known outside the metros, they have just 44 dealership in all on India) the confidence in the car (how ever new) will come when I see a few on the road, it needs a long runway to take off, so if they want to see some good windfall sales they need to put some one the road, a smoothly running vehicle on the road is the best ad that a company can put forth!

So Renault, don't wait that long!
Old 10th April 2012, 09:50   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Duster launch now getting postponed to Oct 2012 If Renault continues like this it is definitely not going to get the first mover advantage over the Ford Ecosport. On the other hand if Ford pulls ups its socks, the Ecosport could as well get the first mover advantage over the Duster
Exciting times indeed, but people like me who are looking for an upgrade need to have loads of patience, till all these SUVs hit the market, fingers crossed.
Ford might just do a Figo again with the right product, pricing and delivery strategy. Renault may be missing something here, with the kind of interest Duster generated the announcement to launch time is quiet far apart and it may be its undoing
Old 10th April 2012, 23:52   #338
BHPian

I feel most companies having products in the mini SUV segment like Ford (Ecosport), Nissan-Renault (Duster), M&M (MiniXylo) would adopt a wait and watch policy. Nobody would like to kill their products by overpricing it. Ford for example would definitely not know where to position this new product. With Fiesta's underpinnings, interiors, saftey features, Ecoboost engine etc, the Ecosport cant be priced way below the New Fiesta nor can they have too much of an overlap as that would kill the already wounded New Fiesta. Tata is another company that I find would be waiting to launch its Storme at the right price. Also the MPV/MUV segment is getting spiced up with the Ertiga and GM's Enjoy, so a potential mini SUV buyer could have these as another option. Overall I see the next 6-9 months as a good time for the consumer who is willing to wait it out.
Old 10th April 2012, 23:58   #339
BHPian

I hope other brands such as Ford would mobilise and launch their compact SUV to capitalize on Renault's delays. That would give us more options and competitive pricing...
Old 13th April 2012, 14:00   #340
BHPian

SCOOP: Camouflaged Renault Duster spotted testing in Mandya

Spotted this car in Mandya on 11th. It had a good pickup.

However have no clue which car is this?

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-1.jpg

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-car2.jpg

MODS: please merge thread if this car has been discussed in another thread!

Thanks
Sreeni

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th April 2012 at 16:26. Reason: Added watermark to images. Thanks for sharing.
sriny_blr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 14:03   #341
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP: camouflaged car spotted in Mandya - which car?

Looks like Renault Duster.
Old 13th April 2012, 14:04   #342
Senior - BHPian

Is it a Renault? No side photos?
Old 13th April 2012, 14:04   #343
Senior - BHPian

It appears to be the Renault Duster.
Old 13th April 2012, 14:04   #344
BHPian

This is Renault Duster undergoing road test
Old 13th April 2012, 14:05   #345
Senior - BHPian

yup to me too it looks like a Renault Duster.
Any more pics of it?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks