Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 07:36   #406
BHPian

What SUV is this?

Saw this on the route to Oragadam from GST road Chennai. Are these dusters? Sorry about the bad photo quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-photo-1.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-photo-2.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-photo-3.jpg  

mikemba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:15   #407
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 :: EDIT: Scoop pictures on pag

I think more than the HP what will matter is how much torque is available and at what rpm's (ideally atleast matching the Vento diesel).

Seeing that Renault is already working on an export strategy for Duster to UK from India, they already may be anticipating a non-VFM proposal for India. I mean a performance-feature-price positioning that may not add up favourably vs the present , future competition OR they don't expect good initial numbers.
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:40   #408
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 :: EDIT: Scoop pictures on pag

Check out this pic of a few Duster test mules in a convoy-
http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...er-spied-5.jpg

The last one (closest to the camera) with steel wheels and therefore presumably a lower variant appears to have the standard Black-Grey interiors.

The Red-Maroon mule with alloys has the Beige. So it would appear that Ms Renault's marketing team have also fallen for the 'Beige for Snob Value' thing in the Indian market.

There's another trivia - (as per some specs sheets available in the web), the 4x4 has a reduced boot space of 400 litres, against the 4x2 with 475 litres.
Old 22nd April 2012, 09:19   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

Lets hope they come up soon as the suspense is killing now. 86 BHP would be too low for any kind of SUV, 110 BHP seems more practical with both adequate power and fuel efficiency
Did you know that the Bolero XD3PU came with some 68BHP? It was a good luggable engine for quite a heavy vehicle.

An SUV is not meant for high speeds and high performance in that sense, so I would not agree with your statement the way you have made it. However, I would definitely say that it would be ' desirable' to have a more powerful engine than a less powerful one.
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:55   #410
BHPian

Re: What SUV is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
Saw this on the route to Oragadam from GST road Chennai. Are these dusters?
Yup, definitely the beast in question!
And its that Maroon-Red variant with the Beige interiors again!
Old 22nd April 2012, 15:32   #411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Saw this on the route to Oragadam from GST road Chennai. Are these dusters? Sorry about the bad photo quality.
Its Duster alright. This looks like is the first non-camouflaged version I have seen.
Good road presence. Need to see what levels of comfort and fit/finish Renault provides.
Old 22nd April 2012, 16:43   #412
BHPian

Something tells me Duster is going to be positioned above Fluence (which itself is not selling due to the higher price).

Isn't it logical that the input costs would be higher for an SUV than a Sedan?
Old 22nd April 2012, 16:51   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Something tells me Duster is going to be positioned above Fluence (which itself is not selling due to the higher price).

Any source you would like to quote? It would be helpful because just saying something way-off isn't going to help much.
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:01   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire
Not necessarily. If you see the episode of fifth gear which featured Duster, he mentions the expected price of duster in UK is less than entry level fiesta (hatch I assume). In that case it might be comparable to sedan costs.
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:04   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Any source you would like to quote? It would be helpful because just saying something way-off isn't going to help much.
No source... it was just a hunch but I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Why do you think I'm saying something way-off?
Is it because we are tuned to a 7-10 lac pricing (assumed again)?

On the contrary, do we have any concrete information from the manufacturer on even a ball park pricing? I guess not.
All we still got is just the European pricing but when it comes to India pricing, that can hardly be of any reference.

From Wiki:
Quote:
prices starting from €11,900 (~8,90,000 INR) for the two-wheel drive version, and from €13,900 (~9,57,000 INR) for the 4x4 version.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 22nd April 2012 at 17:09.
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:09   #416
BHPian

Quote:

Every Auto mag have quoted an price tag between 8-11 lakhs

I hope its true as you compare the overseas price of Duster in other countries,and many a times the officials of Renault have time and again said this Vehicle is the game changer of Renault in India meaning they definitely want this vehicle to succeed by all means which indicates price cannot be higher than products from Mahindra as i think they will be their main competitor.

By the way seeing the test vehicles in chennai with minimum camouflage indicates the launch is very soon may be in June and delivery in Aug any concrete scoop regarding it ?

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 22nd April 2012 at 17:20.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:15   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Every Auto mag have quoted an price tag between 8-11 lakhs and i hope its true
I too hope for a sensible pricing but these very automags also predicted Santa Fe to be 15-16 lacs price range... And we know where it stands now!
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:16   #418
BHPian

Quote:
No source... it was just a hunch but I'd like to be proven wrong though.
@ Digital Vampire: A hunch wouldn't warrant a reply or discussion. We would all want you to be proven wrong. Lets wait for the launch of the product.

@Everyone: Seems like there is still no official reliable word on the launch of Duster. Spotting of test vehicles are encouraging somewhat.

I remember the last time I was too eager of waiting for a product launch, it was for Thar and I was very disappointed with the finishing of the product and lack of hard top and AC. And we all remember the hype that was created years before the product's actual launch.

Hopefully Renault/ Dacia will know better than that considering the fact that Duster is very close to the center of their India and Global strategy.
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:35   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Check out this pic of a few Duster test mules in a convoy-
http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...er-spied-5.jpg

The last one (closest to the camera) with steel wheels and therefore presumably a lower variant appears to have the standard Black-Grey interiors.

The Red-Maroon mule with alloys has the Beige. So it would appear that Ms Renault's marketing team have also fallen for the 'Beige for Snob Value' thing in the Indian market.

There's another trivia - (as per some specs sheets available in the web), the 4x4 has a reduced boot space of 400 litres, against the 4x2 with 475 litres.

I think this is the same group of vehicles we saw a bunch of 5-6 vehicles.
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:53   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look like Duster's allright, seems that the launch is close. All we need to see the pricing point.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks