Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 13:11   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cedia sports price dropped to INR 7,99,000

Assuming you wont get to choose/buy another car for atleast 3-5 yrs, you should go with what your heart says..
Old 5th March 2012, 13:28   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I am unable to decide between Vento TDI Highline and Cedia Sports.
Heart Says - go for Cedia. Its uncommon, fun to drive, has better GC, offers 10ps and little more space than Vento
Mind Says - go for Vento. Its Deisel, more mileage, its premium, Cabin feels better, lower running cost, better resale value and offer 75Nm more torque as against 175 of Cedia (my Vista runs on only 96Nm). Cedia will make Petrol bills roaring high, will depreciate say 40-50% within a year.

Kya Karein Kya na karein ye kaisi mushkil haiii.. koi to batade iska hal o mere bhai..
I had exactly the same dilemma a year ago. Cedia (it was around 10.5 OTR) or Vento Diesel. Almost booked cedia. Backed out at the last moment and booked Vento Tdi.
Happy ever since.
The build quality, the surge of the torque, mileage and specially the fuel bills compared to petrol.

Think twice!
Old 5th March 2012, 13:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A black Cedia Sports was arranged for the TD. Missed to check the reading on the ODO but it has MH12HN registration which means car was not more than 4-5months old.
I think it should be less than 2 months old based on the series.

Quote:
good NVH levels. Car feels extremely planted at speeds of 160+. The engine loves to be revved. Got the opportunity to push it to 180kmph with AC, 4 people on board (~300 Kg of passenger load) and boy it managed it.
I am surprised that you were allowed to drive this fast by the sales guy. Not heard of people driving at those speeds on test drives.

But it also shows confidence in the product.
I wonder how many other dealers will allow you to TD a vehicle at those speeds.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:42   #64
BHPian

Quote:

Heart Says - go for Cedia. Its uncommon, fun to drive, has better GC, offers 10ps and little more space than Vento
Mind Says - go for Vento. Its Deisel, more mileage, its premium, Cabin feels better, lower running cost, better resale value and offer 75Nm more torque as against 175 of Cedia (my Vista runs on only 96Nm). Cedia will make Petrol bills roaring high, will depreciate say 40-50% within a year.

Kya Karein Kya na karein ye kaisi mushkil haiii.. koi to batade iska hal o mere bhai..
What is the Pune OTR of Vento? I think its at least 2 lacs costlier than Cedia which should take care of your fuel price differential for few years. Resale value depends on the number of years you are planning to keep the car.
You can do the quick math on the overall ownership cost for both the cars. There are very good calculators developed by our own Bhpians.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 13:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Yes they do have confidence in their products. I did 130+ on nice road, bangalore in 2008 TD and could not do faster due to traffic. I remember reading a news where some one met with a serious accident during a TD of evo. IIRC he was beyond 200+. they do allow people to try higher speeds.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I had exactly the same dilemma a year ago. Cedia (it was around 10.5 OTR) or Vento Diesel. Almost booked cedia. Backed out at the last moment and booked Vento Tdi.
Happy ever since.
The build quality, the surge of the torque, mileage and specially the fuel bills compared to petrol.

Think twice!
How would you rate Vento TDI against Cedia in driving dymanics, handling and capabilities of doing high speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Assuming you wont get to choose/buy another car for atleast 3-5 yrs, you should go with what your heart says..
Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
What is the Pune OTR of Vento? I think its at least 2 lacs costlier than Cedia which should take care of your fuel price differential for few years. Resale value depends on the number of years you are planning to keep the car.
You can do the quick math on the overall ownership cost for both the cars. There are very good calculators developed by our own Bhpians.
Equus - OTR of Vento TDI Highline after discount at Pune is INR 1084444.

Equus, C300 - My current ride was bought in June 2010. Its not even 2 years old and I am looking for the new car. This should answer your queries on how long I will hold on to this new ride. I am parting ways with Vista due to lack of power, mileage, poor handling and lack of fun to drive factor. It is not at all a drivers car. (My heart was not allowing me to write these negatives about my car. I love it and still enjoy the ride everytime I take it out for a spin. Sorry Vista.) If these requirements are met, you never know, I might just hold on to this new ride for long.
Old 5th March 2012, 14:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All 4 doors have soft touch fabric inserts in beige which will definitely be a dirt magnet.
Thats one reason I hate beige.

Quote:
Rear leg space was found to be more than Vento but lacked under thigh support.
The bump in Polo/Vento in the middle is ridiculously high.

Quote:
Even while running at 6000rpm, cabin was very silent and had negligible tyre/engine noise inside the cabin.
Surprising that you didnt find the RE88 Bridgestones noisy. They are the lousiest tires ever. Though they last atleast 50-60k kms with proper alignment/balancing. I have seen a few people do even 70k on them.

Quote:
Tried some twisties and lane changes at speeds north of 140 and it was a breeze. The car feels planted and is very confidence inspiring. When I started the drive, I did not even realize when I touched 120kmph.
And this was when you were on RE88s, shod PP2/S-Drives and you'd rather be flying .

Quote:
I believe Vento Highline costs abour 11 lac plus in Pune? Thats good 2 lacs more. If I take the FE of Vento to be 15-16 and that of Cedia to be 10. It will still take you atleast good 50k kms to cover the cost.

Also, you will end up spending Rs.20k on Vento in the first 2 years/30k kms (2 services, 1 per year/15k kms.) In cedia, you'd end up spending Rs.12-13k in first 2 years/40k kms (at 1k, 10, 20k, 30k and 40k kms, 5-6k for 40k kms service only).

The cedia will get expensive after 70-80k once you start getting suspension/other issues. However, my experience with both VW and HM-Mitsubishi has been good. Though I prefer HM-Mitsubishi because I get to get my car serviced in front of me and talk directly to the person working on my car unlike MS, Honda or VW, where you cannot stand next to your car to get it serviced.

It is to be noted that accident repairs in cedia costs ridiculous. However, the front and rear assemblies of Vento and Cedia cannot be compared. That of cedia is MUCH MORE STURDIER. The cedia has metal support in front with extended bumpers (of excellent quality) and vento has plastic support for better pedestrian safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I remember reading a news where some one met with a serious accident during a TD of evo. IIRC he was beyond 200+. they do allow people to try higher speeds.
It wasnt a TD, the guy was the onwer of one of the Mitsubishi dealerships in UP. He was driving at Noida Expressway.

But yes, I recently drove a cruze at good speeds in City and the SA didnt utter a word. Must say, it was a good experience. Same goes for outlander. Did a good 10 kms drive and the SA was Happy to help.

@Mods: Sorry for back to back posts, made them by mistake. Would request you to merge this post with the previous one. Thanks.

Last edited by manson : 5th March 2012 at 17:04. Reason: Please use multiquote option
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 17:00   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

If you intend to keep the car for a period of 4 - 5 years, the only major difference in cost of ownership I forsee is the running cost of a petrol v/s diesel. The Cedia will fetch about 2 lacs four year from now, and the Vento will fetch you 4 lacs odd for which you are already paying 2 lacs extra at time of purchase.

Last edited by manson : 5th March 2012 at 18:27.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 18:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
If you intend to keep the car for a period of 4 - 5 years, the only major difference in cost of ownership I forsee are the running costs of a petrol v/s diesel. The Cedia will fetch about 2 lacs four year from now, and the Vento will fetch you 4 odd for which you are already paying 2L extra at time of purchase.
I agree. I keep hearing about bad resale value of cedia. I did a quick compare between resale value of 2008 cedia and 2008 city vtec plus (both were Rs 8.6 lacs ex in 2008). I used carwale used car value valuation (Check value of your car for FREE - CarWale). this purely based on carwale site only. There is hardly a difference of Rs 50,000 between the two. May be cedia owners tend to abuse the car more than others b/c they know they can.
Old 5th March 2012, 18:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

now to go bug my dad for an upgrade from my swift 1.3 petrol of 5years and 82k kms.

i am literally drooling thinking about the possibilities of getting my hands on this
Old 5th March 2012, 18:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I agree. I keep hearing about bad resale value of cedia. I did a quick compare between resale value of 2008 cedia and 2008 city vtec plus (both were Rs 8.6 lacs ex in 2008). I used carwale used car value valuation (Check value of your car for FREE - CarWale). this purely based on carwale site only. There is hardly a difference of Rs 50,000 between the two. May be cedia owners tend to abuse the car more than others b/c they know they can.
There are two reasons for same.

First, the previous gen city was ridiculously priced, more so the vtec. Since the new one now is about 7 lac ex showroom, base model, the second hand prices, eespecially of 3rd gen were meant to crash.

Second, the sky high prices of petrol in last year or so have made all petrol cars (c segment and +) a depreciation disaster. Check the prices of city, civic, accord and CRV and check the prices of cedia, and outlander, the cedia will be between city and civic and oulander is same as that of CRV. Also, check sx4, a car from MS and again poor resale. The fact that Honda cars have good resale, is now HISTORY!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th March 2012 at 18:43.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 19:00   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for that TD report, Aniket.

The Hal -

Take the turbo of the Vento. Higher peak torque figures of the Vento. Fuel cost of the Vento.

Take the independent suspension of the Cedia. The low CG. The extra space of Cedia. Keep it uncommon (well almost).

Now what the heck am I talking about? Consider the Optra Magnum (~9L OTR Delhi, 300+NM, 120+Bhp). It gives you most of what you are asking for. Betters it in some practical ways. I am not saying more, as it would be OT for this thread.

I have not got any proper experience with the Cedia, but personally I find the Magnum better than the Vento in many relevant aspects.

Can anyone who has had ample experience with both the Cedia and Optra Magnum (preferably post-BS4) post a comparison?
Why I say this is because the Magnum makes a good case for potential Cedia buyers. It shares some of the qualities of the Cedia, with diesel running costs.

Have shared some views of the supposed poor handling of the Magnum here. There is some surrounding talk about it in the post before and on the next page too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am surprised that you were allowed to drive this fast by the sales guy. Not heard of people driving at those speeds on test drives.

GM with it's "drive it like you own it" philosophy allows long TDs without hassle. There are reports of Cruze and Magnums being allowed high speeds. A lot also depends on how one handles the SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
But yes, I recently drove a cruze at good speeds in City and the SA didnt utter a word.
My SA told me that they have been trained to remain quiet, when on TDs of more expensive cars.

Last edited by Poitive : 6th March 2012 at 19:04. Reason: Added the thanks for the TD report
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 19:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Thanks for that TD report, Aniket.

The Hal -

Take the turbo of the Vento. Higher peak torque figures of the Vento. Fuel cost of the Vento.

Take the independent suspension of the Cedia. The low CG. The extra space of Cedia. Keep it uncommon (well almost).

Now what the heck am I talking about? Consider the Optra Magnum (~9L OTR Delhi, 300+NM, 120+Bhp). It gives you most of what you are asking for. Betters it in some practical ways. I am not saying more, as it would be OT for this thread.

I have not got any proper experience with the Cedia, but personally I find the Magnum better than the Vento in many relevant aspects.

Can anyone who has had ample experience with both the Cedia and Optra Magnum (preferably post-BS4) post a comparison?
Why I say this is because the Magnum makes a good case for potential Cedia buyers. It shares some of the qualities of the Cedia, with diesel running costs.
Thanks for the inputs buddy, but somehow I do not like the looks of this car much. I preferred the look with previous headlight cluster than the current one. Moreover, the interiors feels outdated, lacks gadgetry and does not give a feeling of being in a 10L sedan. Plus, the resale value too is very poor. Though I have not driven this car, but I dont think it will be able to match Vento/Cedia's handling.

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 6th March 2012 at 19:59. Reason: Quote command correction
Old 6th March 2012, 20:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Magnum has horrible handling and horrible brakes - its quick only in a straight line. On the twisties, it has too much body roll and understeer.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 21:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : You have been WARNED before against dragging the Optra into totally unrelated threads. We understand you love your car, just as we love ours. HOWEVER, Team-BHP is built on the principles of being unbiased.

Translated, we will NOT TOLERATE fanboy posts. This is your FINAL warning.

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2012 at 16:35.
Poitive is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks