Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 14:09   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cedia sports price dropped to INR 7,99,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Don't have such a picture of the Cedia, mate. But as being talked on that thread, it is a lot about how the suspension eventually feels and responds. Even the Indigo (pre-Manza) has a Multi-link (3 link) suspension but that suspension doesn't feel anywhere as good as many other "lesser" suspensions.

I presume others on the thread would be having Cedias. Someone may want to bend a little and take a snap - any Cedia fans here?
Ok, I guess I will have to do this if no one else has a picture handy. Too lazy to take the covers off the car at the moment.

Quote:
[*]Lesser difference in FE if driven hard or if driven for FE (this may be taken as a disadvantage; will be taking this up sometime on the Finally! thread linked above)[/list]
I would put it in another way:
A larger engine typically gives less mileage than a smaller engine (if driven the same way). But technology can make a lot of difference (e.g. Octavia 1.9 TDI
diesel engine is extremely efficient)
It is easier to get 12kmpl with Linea 1.4 petrol than it is to get 12kmpl with Cedia 2.0 petrol (in identical conditions).

However, with more power available, it is much more difficult to resist quick acceleration on a larger engine (which becomes a disadvantage again for larger engines).

@Aniket: Hope you decide soon and look forward to an ownership thread.
Old 10th March 2012, 23:13   #92
BHPian

I've been to Auto pacifica- the Bangalore dealer. According to them Bangalore price would be announced on 15th Mar. They do not have a final word on the features that would be available. There was one Cedia and Pajero ready for delivery in the showroom. The Cedia, according to them is their last one before the price change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This car is in a very different state of tune in its home market. The same engine does 150 horse power. This is a big number for a 1400cc block.
For the record, Mitsubishi 4G94 with DOHC does 145 PS in NA form.
Old 11th March 2012, 00:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I would put it in another way:
A larger engine typically gives less mileage than a smaller engine (if driven the same way). But technology can make a lot of difference (e.g. Octavia 1.9 TDI
diesel engine is extremely efficient)
It is easier to get 12kmpl with Linea 1.4 petrol than it is to get 12kmpl with Cedia 2.0 petrol (in identical conditions).
My understanding of this is as follows. Please correct me if I am wrong:

a. A larger capacity engine produces much better bottom end torque (talking NA to NA). This helps it to remain at lower RPMs for longer durations than a smaller capacity engine. A larger capacity engine used over a really long period of time will see less wear and tear than a smaller capacity engine when driven at the same speed.

This is particularly reported by people who drive on the hills. In the hills, the larger capacity engines do not see much variation in FE while going uphill as compared to the smaller capacity engines, because they need to be revved lesser. (say, Alto vs Swift)

b. However, a larger capacity engine has a higher base consumption rate of fuel (i.e. consumption at idle or near idle or RPM with minimum usable torque). This cannot be avoided.

Of course, adding a turbo changes things.

E.g. I have done Delhi-Jaipur-Kishangarh multiple times on my 75 HP 1,248 cc Palio MJD. The engine drones even when I drive at 120 kph. On the Octavia 90 HP 1.9 TDI, we would be ticking along at a sedate pace with no sounds of straining from the engine. The 15 HP power advantage is easily countered by the Octavia's additional weight over the Palio. I suspect the Octavia's higher capacity, taller gearing and milder turbo helps it to be running at much lower RPMS.

For longevity of the engine (and the car) and especially if my car sees a lot of highways, I would choose higher capacity.

For fuel efficiency along with a modicum of performance, I would choose a smaller engine.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 10:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
The Cedia, according to them is their last one before the price change.
Two things one needs to be worried about if you are buying this car NEW today.

1. When was the car made?

2. How much longer will HM Mistusbishi support the car? This car was never known for its cheap spares. Things rarely fail though. That is the brilliance of Japanese engineering or should I say, anything that they make.

Quote:
Well aware of this. In the case of the Linea, it needs to be turbo charged to achieve similar power. The biggest bonus of the turbo is the torque.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 11th March 2012 at 10:30.
Old 11th March 2012, 11:00   #95
BHPian

Quote:
I know I know
First hand experience! Anyway the 4G94 with DOHC came only in the GDI avatar.and as you mentioned,produced 140 hp.
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 11:54   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Two things one needs to be worried about if you are buying this car NEW today.
1. When was the car made?
2. How much longer will HM Mistusbishi support the car? This car was never known for its cheap spares. Things rarely fail though. That is the brilliance of Japanese engineering or should I say, anything that they make.
As I mentioned, that car was already sold, with a fat discount I guess. Fact of the matter is, the price cut won't matter to the end user as the discounts would have made the market price the same. Now, it is officially announced, that's all. Whether further discounts are offered need to be seen

Second, if I buy Cedia, I'd have already worked out the sourcing of parts independently.

Quote:
Well aware of this. In the case of the Linea, it needs to be turbo charged to achieve similar power. The biggest bonus of the turbo is the torque.
A relaxed highway cruiser. Pity it is not spacious enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
I know I know
First hand experience! Anyway the 4G94 with DOHC came only in the GDI avatar.and as you mentioned,produced 140 hp.
Visited your garage. Respect!!!
Old 11th March 2012, 18:31   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Aniket: Hope you decide soon and look forward to an ownership thread.
Finally booked Vento TDI Highline Shadow Blue today. Car is in ready stock. Hence got it allocated and have already requested Wildon for the VIN Decode. Next week will be for loan processing and will get the car invoiced on/before 16 March to avoid any budget related price surprises.
Old 16th March 2012, 09:29   #98

Folks, the official news on the price drop is not yet out in Bangalore. It should be confirmed by 20th March. Unofficially, got a confirmation on price drop but no news on any change in features/specs. If you go by what Asian (dealer in Delhi) shows in its new price list (in an earlier post in this thread) for Rs 799000 - the alloys have six spokes and the steering has four spokes. Not sure if its anything to go by but OZ alloys has 8 spokes and momo steering has three. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 18th March 2012, 20:39   #99
Senior - BHPian

This is ridiculous. The Bhopal dealer says that the Cedia Sport is now out of production and the model which comes without spoiler, momo, OZ, etc. is on sale. The Indore dealer (200 kms away) has no clue of price cut and tells of an on road price of 9.8 lakhs. Both these have no cars for test drive. This is plain stupid and they are not going to sell a single car like that.
Old 18th March 2012, 21:09   #100
BHPian

I went to a small auto exhibition today, there was a Mitsubishi stall with a gorgeous Outlander and new Pajero Sport. I didn't like the front end styling of the Pajero Sport, the rear is nice though. Not that at 28 lac it's anywhere close to my budget !

Getting back to topic, they had no Cedia on display , just a banner saying now at 7.99lac. I told the attendant they should have had the Cedia instead of either the Outlander or Pajero considering it would attract much more realistic interest (as in future buyers). He said they didn't have any Cedias in stock ! Asked about the changes, he said they got rid of the all leather seating , but said the OZ wheels, Momo steering were still there. I wonder how leather seats alone can cost 2 lac INR. Since they didn't have the Cedia to display, could not verify it.

At 9.2 lac OTR, this is a good alternative to the petrol sedans like VW Vento , Honda City and Skoda Rapid. A 2.0 litre motor, 115bhp is not much more than Vento and juts about equals the City's power, but the torque must be a lot more. Plus I assume the Cedia's Lancer ancenstry must mean super balance of ride and handling making it a very nice driver's car. Since I might look out for a car for myself should the world not end in December 2012 , this added candidate is worthy exploring , but is it going out of production ? That explains the price drop rather than Mitsubishi wising up.

Last edited by Ricci : 18th March 2012 at 21:14.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 05:12   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I went to a small auto exhibition today, there was a Mitsubishi stall with a gorgeous Outlander and new Pajero Sport. I didn't like the front end styling of the Pajero Sport, the rear is nice though. Not that at 28 lac it's anywhere close to my budget !
^ Thanks Ricci for sharing that info. At least in Pune they were aware of the price cut. Looks like its still wait and watch in other cities. Dont understand how they manage their communication.
Which mitsu dealer was present at the auto expo?
Old 19th March 2012, 08:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

Both the Delhi dealers have a car inside their showroom.
Old 19th March 2012, 12:12   #103
Senior - BHPian

Wish they would give an official update on this :(

The cedia without the OZ alloys, MOMO steering and GPS Navigation would be a downer
Old 19th March 2012, 13:52   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Which mitsu dealer was present at the auto expo?
J Williams , as far as I know, there's been no other HM/Mitsubishi dealer in Pune as far back as I remember , late 90s thereon.
Old 19th March 2012, 14:01   #105
BHPian

There was srushti automotive some time back,a new dealership pethkar automobiles has started recently in Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks