Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 20:42   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Face-lifted Hyundai i20 "i-Gen" launched @ 4.73 lakhs

The i20 looks more confused than ever now. But at least its a little less boring to look at!
Old 17th April 2012, 21:42   #227
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2012 at 12:35. Reason: avoid quoting the entire post.
solly is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th April 2012, 14:51   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Hyundai still missed out following.
  • Distance to Empty
  • Real-time Mileage
  • Instant Mileage
Door auto-lock function is only available in Asta (O) Can this be programmed in Asta at dealer level.
Isn't real-time mileage and instantaneous mileage the same? Also I didn't yet see "average consumption" in the MFD.

At any rate, even I'm dumbfounded by the obvious omission. Although I intend to check with our SA if these can be coded in somehow on my wife's recently purchased i-Gen i20.

Quote:
Clutch-lock only for petrol MT models
Are you sure about this?? I thought clutch-lock was standard across the range.

Quote:
Can't understand the logic of single reverse lamp (same with Punto also)
Absolutely buddy, you said it! This asymmetric quirk is kinda hard to digest - leaves one questioning the engineering logic in doing that. While backing up, my wife has already been told two or three times that one of the reverse lamps on her "brand-new car" has conked off!
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 01:58   #229
BHPian

The number of features that the new i20 has is baffling. So many first-in-segment features included. Hyundai's commitment to introduce a decent quality car without stripping off gadgets and providing quality in the segment is something that is appreciable. Im also a member of a Hyundai i20 page on Facebook Where the admin even conducted a poll asking the members whether they would like to see the "cruise control "feature in the car in future. You never know What could be included. Thankfully i own the 6 gear CRDi in the 2011 model. The unlucky ones are the ones who purchased between October 2011 to march 12. They got the 5geared version.

Last edited by arrowaby : 21st April 2012 at 01:59. Reason: Typo
Old 21st April 2012, 09:09   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Thankfully i own the 6 gear CRDi in the 2011 model. The unlucky ones are the ones who purchased between October 2011 to march 12. They got the 5geared version.
Is 6th gear a really boon or is bane? i read some here that with 6th gear, you end up changing the gears too many time, etc.

Does any one what is the gearing ratio of 5 gear and 6gear i20 crdi?
Old 21st April 2012, 10:31   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Is 6th gear a really boon or is bane? i read some here that with 6th gear, you end up changing the gears too many time, etc. Does any one what is the gearing ratio of 5 gear and 6gear i20 crdi?
Well the 6th gear is used only when your Driving straight on long drives. Straight and long. The engine easily manages a 110Kmph in the 6th gear on 2000rpm and renders the engine noise to the minimum. Hence Its used rarely in city Driving.
Old 21st April 2012, 16:23   #232
BHPian

Mod Note : GTO's comprehensive Hyundai i20 review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby
Well the 6th gear is used only when your Driving straight on long drives. Straight and long. The engine easily manages a 110Kmph in the 6th gear on 2000rpm and renders the engine noise to the minimum. Hence Its used rarely in city Driving.
Do we know the gear ratio to ascertain that other gears are same. and 6th is just an add-on?
on the other hand reducing the speed range of gears might help as well. i20s 2nd gear is nothing to talk about. when i move to 2nd after breaking, i end up in 500 rpm. mind the vehicle is still moving. till the rpm reaches around 2000 (probably thats when turbo kicks in.), the engine doesn't pull at all. (this is for a good 8-10 seconds) You get strange look from other overtaking drivers. I feel changing gear ratio might help.

Post 2000 rpm, it becomes rocket. You again overtake the cars which just overtook you. The look from other drivers are same - "What are you trying to do? Stopping and then Flooring the pedal". While i am doing exactly the opposite.

so, gear ratio change might help.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2012 at 23:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks